Why the open world form WILL work in CP2077

+
I agree with an open world environment.

To create a realistic environment that can account for each action a player takes is not feasible, and there is currently no AI program that can adjust in real time and create story arcs.

Side note: there is one that's well known, IBM's Watson, and others not so well known used by governments. Of course, the price tag is in the millions.

On topic. Since we need to get back to that. :D

I don't think that anything besides an open world would work. They already have a hug expansive city which is the main hub of cyberpunk 2020 to go off of, not to mention the straight up freedom you are allowed with a pnp.

If this is anything other than an open world, I don't believe it would be true to the source.

On topic. Since we need to get back to that. :D

I don't think that anything besides an open world would work. They already have a hug expansive city which is the main hub of cyberpunk 2020 to go off of, not to mention the straight up freedom you are allowed with a pnp.

If this is anything other than an open world, I don't believe it would be true to the source.

No, there really isn't.

Wheee! Devils Advocate Time!

Of course something else would work. You guys have enjoyed linear Cpunk experiences for years. Blade Runner - same ending every time, still fun to watch. How many times you read Neuromancer or Hardwired? Watched the Matrix?

So I think we could have a great, an amazing non open world Cyberpunk 2020 game. Absolutely. As for true to the source...CP2020 is based on teh above stories and they are not open world. True to your source is setting, gear, etc. Not gameplay style.

And even open world has flaws. Flavour loss, less resources for intimate settings wherever you look, can't devote a campaign to -just- playing a Netrunner, with all your resources focussed on that.

Open world without Co-op would be less than Open world with Co-op, for example.

So open world is far from a guarantee of quality and lack of it hardly decides the authenticity of the game experience.

Top Bottom