Why the person above you should be banned

+
Wot? Do I look like a soddin' bread loaf to you? You're banned and so is the baker! And you can tell the butcher and the candlestick maker that they're banned too!

^ It was rather a Disney Ban
Ban for simplicity's sake. And now, back to the trivia: Disney is a Norman name, based on a habitation there, D'Isigny, in Calvados. The name itself is a Latinised Gaulish name, Isinius, originally Isina (ultimate meaning obscure).

I can't think of an interesting ban for this one, so here's a bit of onomastic trivia, instead: Nigel is an Anglicised form the mediaeval Latin name Nigellus, a diminutive of the Latin word for the colour black (niger) , and probably refers to hair colour.

Interesting theory but I have to disagree. The name Nigel is plainly formed of two words, those being "ni" which is a clipping of the word "neigh" (a horse's cry) and "gel" which is derived from the latin participle "gelatus" (frozen, congealed).

In short, the name Nigel refers to a horse neighing because it's bloody cold outside.

Interesting theory but I have to disagree. The name Nigel is plainly formed of two words, those being "ni" which is a clipping of the word "neigh" (a horse's cry) and "gel" which is derived from the latin participle "gelatus" (frozen, congealed).

In short, the name Nigel refers to a horse neighing because it's bloody cold outside.
I’m not sure about all that, but I do know that, read backward, Nigel becomes leg in — which reminds me of hand out — which I hereby give with a ban.

Top Bottom