Why the silence [Reviews & Roadmap]?

+
Yes, i would also like to know when the first set of new cards is coming. I know CDPR still has a lot of issues to deal with it in these troubled times, but i hope we can get the first batch of new cards in 2-4 months.

And im guessing we wont have seasonal events anymore, just seasonal trees.
Well the ST week was such an event, the only-gold cards arena another one. It'd be nice to get a schedule of those for the season for example.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well the ST week was such an event, the only-gold cards arena another one. It'd be nice to get a schedule of those for the season for example.

Well, im sorry but i wont give CDPR any credit for such "events", that really require no effort at all... unlike the 3 or 4 events they did at the end of last year, that had great puzzle battles and stories, with exclusive trinkets and voicelines too, and which formula was (rightfully) applied to TB.

Yes, i would also like to know when the first set of new cards is coming. I know CDPR still has a lot of issues to deal with it in these troubled times, but i hope we can get the first batch of new cards in 2-4 months.

And im guessing we wont have seasonal events anymore, just seasonal trees.

Two/four months? This game would need it like... tomorrow - or yesterday.
But still, I think that's optimistic, considering the content of last patch: it gave me the idea that they are not even trying anymore.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Two/four months? This game would need it like... tomorrow - or yesterday.
But still, I think that's optimistic, considering the content of last patch: it gave me the idea that they are not even trying anymore.

Well, im trying to be realistic, based on CDPR's, or Gwent dev team's rate of updates - it was great on the 2nd half of last year, but then they stopped for HC for a long time and delivered little, and on the 1st hotfix and yesterday's 1st update its seems they're not picking up the pace yet.

They already have amazing unused artwork from Thronebreaker they could and SHOULD use on Gwent, but definitely with different abilities. But new leaders and a new faction, seems like a distant dream by now.

To the person who modified the title of my thread: please note that the original discussion was largely about a statement from the devs addressing our concerns, or talking about how they think the launch of Homecoming has gone, basically some dev-fan communication.

Reviews and roadmaps and all these things were just extra side things.

there is a lot more peoples who enjoy this game than a lot of people might think
And you take these numbers out of which dataset? Its like the same assumption you se negative, but aftre a 180° turn.

he coinflip has been fixed, the faction identity has been restored with mechanics and gameplan unique to each of them, the game feels more mature and they added or adjusted game mechanics the way some peoples proposed on the forum.

There must be a second game thought, because the version i played had nearly nothing of this, besides some Forums suggestions, which are VERY handpicked.
If you like theses things, fine, not my problem. But dont state them as a fact.

the faction identity has been restored with mechanics and gameplan unique to each of them,

I'm struggling to see how faction identity is better than it was before homecoming.......

If you look purely at the most obvious archetypes there can't possibly be more than what we already had. When I'm deck building it honestly feels like there is less archetypes/identity than what we had before.

-Monsters had pure consume which doesn't appear to be a thing now.
-Northern Realms had Cursed
-Northern Realms had Armor
-Monsters had Wild Hunt
-NG had alchemy
-NG had spies

Then there is the stuff that people used to use a lot but barely touch now. Out of all the games I have played since yesteday not a single player has used any weather effects on me. That just feels like a big step backward.

There must be a second game thought, because the version i played had nearly nothing of this, besides some Forums suggestions, which are VERY handpicked.
If you like theses things, fine, not my problem. But dont state them as a fact.
I state them as a fact because they ARE facts.
They fixed the coinflip, I think that part is pretty clear and if you look at the suggestion that were given in this very forum, you'll find a lot of them in the game right now (Activated ability (Order), weather with a time limit ect).

I'm struggling to see how faction identity is better than it was before homecoming.......

If you look purely at the most obvious archetypes there can't possibly be more than what we already had. When I'm deck building it honestly feels like there is less archetypes/identity than what we had before.

-Monsters had pure consume which doesn't appear to be a thing now.
-Northern Realms had Cursed
-Northern Realms had Armor
-Monsters had Wild Hunt
-NG had alchemy
-NG had spies

Then there is the stuff that people used to use a lot but barely touch now. Out of all the games I have played since yesteday not a single player has used any weather effects on me. That just feels like a big step backward.
It's because you make the common mistake of trying to find the mechanics that old Gwent had in HC. Gwent and HC are two different game, it's the reason why a lot of first day fans aren't happy with it.
Old mechanics has been replaced with new ones, which doesn't mean we'll not find them coming back at one point.

Oh and I'm sorry but NR had Cursed? Like come on, everyone were complaining about it for not being a thing considering the lack of support it had back in the day...

It's because you make the common mistake of trying to find the mechanics that old Gwent had in HC. Gwent and HC are two different game, it's the reason why a lot of first day fans aren't happy with it.
Old mechanics has been replaced with new ones, which doesn't mean we'll not find them coming back at one point.

When the discussion is about faction identity and archetypes comparing old Gwent and new Gwent is the entire point. People wanted better faction identity in old Gwent so how has it become better? There are less archetypes now and as a result there is less identity. What I wanted to see them do was keep all or most of the archetypes and make them more defined. Skellige for instance would have all of the resurrect cards aside from maybe a neutral card or two.

Oh and I'm sorry but NR had Cursed? Like come on, everyone were complaining about it for not being a thing considering the lack of support it had back in the day...

I didn't say it was good but it was an archetype and all they had to do was add more cards and balance it some.

Just a gentle reminder that this thread is about radio silence from CDPR guys.

While I do not mind at all that you are all discussing archetypes and all these things, I would appreciate if anyone had anything to say about the possible reasons for the silent treatment we are getting.

Also if anyone finds it as weird as I do that there are almost no reviews of HC Gwent from serious publications. Why would a game get more publicity in beta than gold?

Just a gentle reminder that this thread is about radio silence from CDPR guys.

While I do not mind at all that you are all discussing archetypes and all these things, I would appreciate if anyone had anything to say about the possible reasons for the silent treatment we are getting.

Also if anyone finds it as weird as I do that there are almost no reviews of HC Gwent from serious publications. Why would a game get more publicity in beta than gold?

Gameinformer covered them which is basically the only site I check. https://www.gameinformer.com/review/gwent-the-witcher-card-game/from-diversion-to-main-attraction

When the discussion is about faction identity and archetypes comparing old Gwent and new Gwent is the entire point. People wanted better faction identity in old Gwent so how has it become better?
You can represent an identity by many ways, you don't have to take exactly what you did in the previous game to reinstore the same idea. Plus identity doesn't necessarily mean archetype, it represent...well...the identity of a faction.

For example Order and Zeal feets to NR even though it wasn't existant in the previous game.

Exactly, the need to step up. Homecoming is a new game with a total makeover. The lack of communication makes the consumer unaware of the recent changes. However, we still need to remember that the current gwent is not that exciting due to lack of variety and has no chance whatsoever in comepeting with Heartstone in this current state. Blizzard have made excellent improvements in the Arena/draft mode. Hence players have two lucrative choices in deciding which game mode to play. I.e variety.
So overall, marketing might not have a strong impact if the gameplay is not optimiced relative to the market leader, but still, they should be able to steal market share from less optimized games. Great graphics which the current Gwent has, is certainly a step forward, but this needs to be communicated.

You can represent an identity by many ways, you don't have to take exactly what you did in the previous game to reinstore the same idea. Plus identity doesn't necessarily mean archetype, it represent...well...the identity of a faction.

For example Order and Zeal feets to NR even though it wasn't existant in the previous game.

For me Order doesn't feel like an identity to NR since it appears in other factions. Zeal is ok I'm just not that into orders so I don't care much for zeal.

I don't feel like identity is any better than before but others might feel different.

Multiple posts deleted.
Do not name-call anyone, regardless of your opinion of them. Do not be rude. Stay on topic.

Exactly, the need to step up. Homecoming is a new game with a total makeover. The lack of communication makes the consumer unaware of the recent changes. However, we still need to remember that the current gwent is not that exciting due to lack of variety and has no chance whatsoever in comepeting with Heartstone in this current state. Blizzard have made excellent improvements in the Arena/draft mode. Hence players have two lucrative choices in deciding which game mode to play. I.e variety.
So overall, marketing might not have a strong impact if the gameplay is not optimiced relative to the market leader, but still, they should be able to steal market share from less optimized games. Great graphics which the current Gwent has, is certainly a step forward, but this needs to be communicated.

Honestly, I think Hearthstone is popular just because of Blizzard's brand staying power and them being marketing geniuses. The game itself, while catchy I'm sure, I'm not certain is that many miles ahead of Gwent.

Do you think it's possible that the devs themselves are as unsatisfied with the current Gwent as we are? And are afraid to drop some heavy marketing on it? Because I have never in my life seen a release from a big developer receive so little publicity.

I would think that this whole process was rushed, with no clear strategy, and building on confidence that players would enjoy this game like they did the witcher series.
CDPR is known for making great games, where word to mouth has been the prime marketing method. So i'm also understanding for the current state of silence, where the devs are probably waiting to announce something tangible in the near future. A road map is coming soon, as Burza stated before going on vacation, until then we will have to wait. They cannot promise (and they generally dont) what they cant deliver, so they are probably working on something before making an annoncement.

I've also never heard of a company withholding announcements/statements because their community rep is on vacation. I'm certain that cannot be behind their silence, as that would be the most ridiculous excuse ever. Burza cannot be the sum-total of the PR department for Gwent. Unless they terminated the big team that worked on Homecoming and their plan is to keep tweaking the game using the systems in place and just hire more artists for new cards (eventually), and have Burza handle publicity by himself. But that would be unreal.

Honestly, I think Hearthstone is popular just because of Blizzard's brand staying power and them being marketing geniuses. The game itself, while catchy I'm sure, I'm not certain is that many miles ahead of Gwent.

Do you think it's possible that the devs themselves are as unsatisfied with the current Gwent as we are? And are afraid to drop some heavy marketing on it? Because I have never in my life seen a release from a big developer receive so little publicity.
One thought I had was that it wasn't released on consoles yet, so maybe now there will be a full marketing campaign? I have noticed some ada on YouTube which gives me hope :)

Top Bottom