Why The Witcher 3 is so generous with loot ?

+
Why The Witcher 3 is so generous with loot ?

I have been wondering... Isn't the game too generous with loots ? I mean, you can find a Meteorite Ingots, Dimerithium Plates, which are used for epic stuff in peasants houses, just like that... Doesn't that breaks the whole purpose of rare materials ? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Explore houses ? They all look the same, with some bit changes here and there... Got to Skellige, I had like 50 lesser igni runes. Sold all the crap, made quite a sum of gold. All looted from ordinary places. That's quite game breaking, makes it too easy.

So don't pick it up.

It's not like this is a MMO. You're not competing against anyone for progress. Make things as hard as you want them to be.

Bump ! I also had like 50 lesser chernobog runes. I think I made like 10k or more. The thing is... It's pretty stupid when the greater source of income is looting epic stuff out of ordinary peasants houses. Why would a peasant store magical runes and plates for epic armor in their houses in the first place ? Lmao... I'm so confused.

Yeah I can just let it slide and don't loot it, but I know they are still there and that is annoying as hell. People should mob on Geralt and just kill him for looting their things. That would be far more funny.

Last edited:
Yes, this is dumb and should be modded away if not removed in a patch. The loot in people's houses should be pretty ordinary stuff like food and candlesticks, definitely not runes.

Anyway, I didn't run into this problem because my Geralt doesn't steal.

Yes, this is dumb and should be modded away if not removed in a patch. The loot in people's houses should be pretty ordinary stuff like food and candlesticks, definitely not runes.

Anyway, I didn't run into this problem because my Geralt doesn't steal.

I know, you can just be a good boy and don't loot. But I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from. It's sort of annoying. Peasants should have crappy stuff in their homes.

What's the problem? Don't like finding rare materials inside peasant houses, then don't enter them and rob them blind. At this point it seems like people are complaining about irrelevant things just for the sake of having something to complain about.

No it's not... Especially when you have a compulsion for looting things. I can't avoid it. But the game is just too generous.

---------- Updated at 10:23 PM ----------

Oh yes, another very negative thing is the amount of alcohol you get from random places, not only inside houses. Alcohol is essencial for managing your stock of alchemy stuff and that is something you don't really need to worry in The Witcher 3. You get so much alcohol out of nothing, you just have to go through alchemy blind, no management whatsoever. I remember in The Witcher 1 you had to be very careful with your alcohol stock and ingredients, that simply is non existant in The Witcher 3. Alcohol comes by like oxygen, you just spend ingredients for the first time you make a potion, after that all gets replenished by alcohol measures it seems. I have never run out of ingredients whatsoever. That is so senseless.

I think by the time im done geralt could draw up a whole lot of treasure maps all over the land from treasures ive dropped.

Well it is kinda easy to craft stuff and get money, but it doesn't really matter all that much, to be honest.

If you explore a lot and do a lot of side quests, of course you're gonna hoard more loot than you can carry.

I found it refreshing to the usual stingy loot you get in most games. I am still WAY early in the game, but that is because I just HAVE to visit every one of those little question marks. So far I am spending the loot almost as fast as I am getting it. I like it personally.

Guest 3823474

If it's just things like pieces or rare ore ... farmers can find peculiar stuff sometimes. Maybe they came across a small battlefield or such. In a land so full of conflict, there are plenty of opportunities or unusual stuff to show up at common places.
This is just meant as a partial explanation. I still agree that it cannot explain all cases, and some of them are really funny.

Not as funny as eating out of trashcans in Bioshock Infinite though.

Are some of you guys actually telling us to stop playing a game the way it's designed to play ?
"You don't have to loot" Are you serious???
You might as well tell people they can walk all the time, they don't have to run.... or they can swim and they don't have to take boats.....

Can you not comprehend the basic issue at hand and how obliviously stupid your suggestion is ?? or are you just trolling ??

Are some of you guys actually telling us to stop playing a game the way it's designed to play ?
"You don't have to loot" Are you serious???
You might as well tell people they can walk all the time, they don't have to run.... or they can swim and they don't have to take boats.....

Can you not comprehend the basic issue at hand and how obliviously stupid your suggestion is ?? or are you just trolling ??

The way I see the direction CDPR has with regards to loot system in TW3 is to reach broader audience. Sure it might seem ridiculous to you to find precious items inside peasants' houses but others might not think that way. Like some posters have stated above, we have the choice whether to loot or not to.

Guest 3823474

The way I see the direction CDPR has with regards to loot system in TW3 is to reach broader audience. Sure it might seem ridiculous to you to find precious items inside peasants' houses but others might not think that way. Like some posters have stated above, we have the choice whether to loot or not to.

It's not just about the choice though, but about the seeing.

I'm probably not spoiling anything by giving this example, but there was a quest for witcher gear and one of the items was found in a chest in a regular joe's house. I took it from the chest after entering his house through a window on the upper floor while he was sitting next to me and not reacting at all. That was puzzling and disturbing.

It's not just about the choice though, but about the seeing.

I'm probably not spoiling anything by giving this example, but there was a quest for witcher gear and one of the items was found in a chest in a regular joe's house. I took it from the chest after entering his house through a window on the upper floor while he was sitting next to me and not reacting at all. That was puzzling and disturbing.
That I complete agree with you that there should be some kind of reactions from villagers when we are about to steal their items. I even made a thread here to try to propose an idea.

Guest 3823474

That I complete agree with you that there should be some kind of reactions from villagers when we are about to steal their items. I even made a thread here to try to propose an idea.
Just to clarify (since I wrote it misleadingly), by seeing I mean the fact that the player can see what things are there, even if they're not taken. I guess one would have to totally keep their hands away from their stuff. Sometimes I am unsure though about whether I should at least take a peek. But that might just mean I need to restrain myself more.
Then again, I don't like this lack of clarity, because it seems many items are indeed placed for the player to take, otherwise there would be an owner-tagging system of some kind, even if it's without consequence and merely as signal for the player.

Just to clarify (since I wrote it misleadingly), by seeing I mean the fact that the player can see what things are there, even if they're not taken. I guess one would have to totally keep their hands away from their stuff. Sometimes I am unsure though about whether I should at least take a peek. But that might just mean I need to restrain myself more.
Then again, I don't like this lack of clarity, because it seems many items are indeed placed for the player to take, otherwise there would be an owner-tagging system of some kind, even if it's without consequence and merely as signal for the player.

Owner tagging system would be fine imho, just like in Skyrim :)

Top Bottom