Why there are even dialogue options to chose if in 90% time you get only one choice or it doesn't matter anyway?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 90% dialogues you get:

ONE YELLOW option that will push foward plot. You can't skip it, change it. There is no hidden YELLOW options based on your hacking/charsima (there is no charisma), Street Cred, NOTHING.

COUPLE BLUE OPTIONS that won't affect YELLOW options and only prolog dialogue and give me more information that in 90% cases won't have influence over YELLOW option.

In few cases where I have few YELLOW options - the outcome is the same even if NPC reaction is different.

CDPR - honest question:

Why you even bothered to make dialogues choices [...] if in 9/10 cases I have no influence over outcome or I have no way to roleplay how I would like my V to be? At this point you should have just scrap it and go full GTA with scriped dialogues as then at least I wouldn't be mad I didn't get things you promised.

Last edited by a moderator:
The answer is, because the game is unfinished, its 100% clear that they got pushed to release it by their share holders and nothing is really finished, so instead of the various choices affecting the game and scenarios like a proper RPG should, they put everything to the same storyline.

ONE YELLOW option that will push foward plot. You can't skip it, change it. There is no hidden YELLOW options based on your hacking/charsima (there is no charisma), Street Cred, NOTHING.

COUPLE BLUE OPTIONS that won't affect YELLOW options and only prolog dialogue and give me more information that in 90% cases won't have influence over YELLOW option.

In few cases where I have few YELLOW options - the outcome is the same even if NPC reaction is different.

CDPR - honest question:

Why you even bothered to make dialogues choices [...] if in 9/10 cases I have no influence over outcome or I have no way to roleplay how I would like my V to be? At this point you should have just scrap it and go full GTA with scriped dialogues as then at least I wouldn't be mad I didn't get things you promised.

The options are mainly just for flavour, it doesn't have any real impact on the game which is super sad. I think CDPR should not have pushed so hard on the whole "choices matter", since then we would have all just accepted that most of the text is just for info and flavour.

The options are mainly just for flavour, it doesn't have any real impact on the game which is super sad. I think CDPR should not have pushed so hard on the whole "choices matter", since then we would have all just accepted that most of the text is just for info and flavour.

....pretty sure that is not true:)

CDPR - honest question:

...are you sure that is the case?

CDPR - honest question:

Why you even bothered to make dialogues choices
It adds depth to the game world. There is no denying that with more time they could have done more with it though.

[...]

I have no influence over outcome
"Influence over outcome" also is not and has never been a "requirement" for a game to be a R.P.G. Same this of games above applies to this as well.
This to is general game feature/mechanic and appears in almost, if not every, genre of video games and is not a requirement for a game to be in any specific genre.

However, the lack of Influence over outcome is probably due to, as someone already stated, the game being rushed out.

Cool seven-month necro of a thread that's basically just a rant -- and a less than respectful at that. Also seems to be yet another "this game isn't an RPG" thread, which we don't need.

Some content, including quotes, edited.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom