Why there is no animals in trailer?

+
I watched the trailer several times. I did not find a single animal. No dog, cat, rat or bird. Have all animals gone extinct in Night City?

I think there should be few animals. In the scene with boy who plays VR there should be a cat sleeping in the corner. Or in the scene with a redneck and a smoking pregnant woman there should be dog pissing at the car. Or in the scene with female protagonist there should be rats in dumpster. Mabe someone with an old dog with a cybernetic paw should go through this whole crowd? And in the scene with the Traumateam attack on the Russian gang, pigeons should fly just before the hovercar shows up. And birds on the sky.

What do You think?

I guess like in Blade Runner they have gone extinct or something and, just like only rich people are seen with flying cars, maybe only them can afford synthetic animals and we have yet to see them?

Yeah, they're all dead. It would be cool if you can buy them in-game to pimp out your pad, but they're super expensive. It's almost like a luxury to own a pet. Would be a cool way to customise your pad (if there are properties you can own).

The people of the city ate most of them (except the rats and bugs, presumably), as real food is mostly reserved for the rich in the setting, with food for the underclasses being "Kibble", which is like solid Soylent, along with veggies, soy food and the occasional human being if the person is really desperate/nuts.

Last edited:
I don't buy this whole extinction...
1. Humans are much more fragile than some animals.
2. There was no smog or pollution in the trailer.
3. There is some recycling containers in front of NCPD.
4. Even now we have frozen DNA most of all animals. So in 2077 dogs, cats or birds can be cloned.

I don't buy this whole extinction...
1. Humans are much more fragile than some animals.
2. There was no smog or pollution in the trailer.
3. There is some recycling containers in front of NCPD.
4. Even now we have frozen DNA most of all animals. So in 2077 dogs, cats or birds can be cloned.

Cloned meat could be a thing aswell, yes. Especially as the tech has indeed progressed since the 2020s.

According to the narrator, Night City is the "worst place to live in America".
Now if it is the case for humans, imagine for animals.

I mean, trigger happy punks with no money or food and prone to violence everywhere... must be hard not to be shot at when you're a dog :shrug:

Now I'm imagining cyborg dogs with back-mounted chainguns roaming the streets in gangs.

Imagine getting mugged by one of those!

"You will give me the cheeseburger."
"A talking dog! Who's a good... Is that a gun?"
"Am I seriously being mugged by a dog?"
"Final statement. You will give me the cheeseburger."
"Um, no?"
*BRAPBRAPBRAPBRAPBRAP* "You have given me the cheeseburger."

Or, worse, imagine if they spotted a squirrel...

According to the narrator, Night City is the "worst place to live in America".
Now if it is the case for humans, imagine for animals.

I mean, trigger happy punks with no money or food and prone to violence everywhere... must be hard not to be shot at when you're a dog :shrug:

Makes one wonder if theres' someone in the city raising cats and dogs like cattle.

Now I'm imagining cyborg dogs with back-mounted chainguns roaming the streets in gangs.

Imagine getting mugged by one of those!

"A talking dog! Who's a good... Is that a gun?"
"Am I seriously being mugged by a dog?"
"Final statement. You will give me the cheeseburger."
"Um, no?"
*BRAPBRAPBRAPBRAPBRAP* "You have given me the cheeseburger."

Or, worse, imagine if they spotted a squirrel...

haha I like that :D

I would think animals are just not a major selling point of CP2077, the trailer focused on the important aspects. I do not remember if there were any cats in The Witcher 3 trailers. We could still see animals in the actual game.

ec5aad14710697.56287ed39d3da.jpg

(it's not my work)
4uQORay.jpg

(not my work)

Last edited:
There aren't much animals nowadays in the big cities anyway.
Probably CDPR didn't implement them yet (we'll probably have some wild dog/cats/rats, etc... in the combat zone/wasteland)
And well, those animals are most likely at home, or just outside the city, they're not extinct, but having an animal costs money and if you don't have any... You most likely don't have a pet

Top Bottom