Why there is no thread about MO (Arachas Swarm)?

+
Any deck except Thrive. All-in Thrive is probably the only deck that doesn't require you to do or watch out for anyrhing special.
[...]
I could not come up with a more empty, aggressive and subjective answer than that.
And besides, the deck you are trying to criticize is not even "All-in Thrive", it runs 2 units with thrive, one of which every MO deck runs anyways, just like how Street Urchins, Savage Bear and Assassination (to name just a few) are staples in their respective factions (not to mention all the "Deal 4" with upside for 4 provisions).
Of course Endrega Larvae is overtuned, it should go to 6 provisions (like Svalblod Priest) if you want to seperately balance factions by their Gold, Bronze and Leader pool individually, rather than looking at the whole picture and the most important reason that Larvae was not yet considered to get nerfed is the fact that even with it MO are still around Tier 2-3.

[...]
Every matchup is diferent and you have to mulligan the right cards
[...]

[...]
play the right cards in the right order
[...]

[...]
keep the right cards to deal with threats
[...]

[...]
These "details" are something you just do in every match, it is not deck-specific.
[...]
You are kidding me, right ?

[...]
Example: Elves with Scorch - You have to prep Aeliren, Yeavin, Scorch, Isengrim, Oak, Scenario, Vernosiel...., thhere is also Blademaster, Purify, Lock and Dragoon.
[...]
You have to prep A-rush and not lock yourself out of it, Ozzrel, Yghern, the Beast, Glustyworp and different thrive engines, while preferably not getting blown out by tall punish.
There are also control tools and risky cards such as Golyat.

That should sound familiar, because in principle every single deck there is is easy to play and it is the matchup you adapt to that requires further thought (e.g. you would obviously play very different against Poison than you would against a strong long round deck).

In principle card games also require to be like that so that they can keep as many players as possible.
Nothing you mentioned above is fundamentally different from what you are criticizing as "braindead " and I am quite sure you are very much aware of that.

Edit: 4RM3D is generally right about having to play such a deck before calling it overpowered, I also used to see certain decks only from the outside (and think just how easily does it pilot itself, there is no skill involved whatsoever), turns out the whole picture was "a tad bit" more complicated than it appeared.

Last edited:
I could not come up with a more empty, aggressive and subjective answer than that.
And besides, the deck you are trying to criticize is not even "All-in Thrive", it runs 2 units with thrive, one of which every MO deck runs anyways, just like how Street Urchins, Savage Bear and Assassination (to name just a few) are staples in their respective factions (not to mention all the "Deal 4" with upside for 4 provisions).
Of course Endrega Larvae is overtuned, it should go to 6 provisions (like Svalblod Priest) if you want to seperately balance factions by their Gold, Bronze and Leader pool individually, rather than looking at the whole picture and the most important reason that Larvae was not yet considered to get nerfed is the fact that even with it MO are still around Tier 2-3.

You are kidding me, right ?

You have to prep A-rush and not lock yourself out of it, Ozzrel, Yghern, the Beast, Glustyworp and different thrive engines, while preferably not getting blown out by tall punish.
There are also control tools and risky cards such as Golyat.

That should sound familiar, because in principle every single deck there is is easy to play and it is the matchup you adapt to that requires further thought (e.g. you would obviously play very different against Poison than you would against a strong long round deck).

In principle card games also require to be like that so that they can keep as many players as possible.
Nothing you mentioned above is fundamentally different from what you are criticizing as "braindead " and I am quite sure you are very much aware of that.

Edit: 4RM3D is generally right about having to play such a deck before calling it overpowered, I also used to see certain decks only from the outside (and think just how easily does it pilot itself, there is no skill involved whatsoever), turns out the whole picture was "a tad bit" more complicated than it appeared.
There seems to be a misunderstanding - i wasn't talking about Arachas Swarm deck, but about Ysgith Thrive deck. Only thing i dislike about Swarm are those 3 overtuned cards mentioned earlier.

There seems to be a misunderstanding - i wasn't talking about Arachas Swarm deck, but about Ysgith Thrive deck. Only thing i dislike about Swarm are those 3 overtuned cards mentioned earlier.
My bad, in that case I agree that the deck is running an awful lot of Thrive and tall units, personally I still include quite a few control tools, however given that Fruits of Ysgith is horrible, unless you bleed, the fact that the deck runs a lot of proactive immediate value and a couple of thrive engines to still come out on top in a mid-size round should come as no surprise.

I can understand where you are coming from and Fruits of Ysgith decks are build to not include any combos of specific cards to be flexible enough to leave the round at any point.
Being THE bleeding and tempo deck that kind of deck has to be able to work with a lot of hands to not lose the topdecking game it tries to end on.
To be honestly I would put the blame in that regard on the fact that at 11 provisions and with thinly spread value in between the rounds Fruits of Ysgith decks have no choice but to play this way.
Also the thrive "overload" is a result of the general design of Gwent that you cannot run just a few fragile engines, if you do play fragile engines you have to flood the board so the opponent cannot remove them all.

De-rail attempt removed. -Drac
Everyday I have been waiting for someone to create a thread about MO, especially about Arachas Swarm. I know there is already a thread about NG and SK keeps popping up every now and then (ST had its days with so many Nerf-ST threads and CDPR told that 'Your will be done' and nerfed ST. I wouldn't say to totally unplayable levels, but removed them being OP). But I have been having really hard time playing against Arachas Swarm. I find it incredibly powerful and unless I tech against them, there is no way I can win (with Guarilla Tactics ST or King of Beggars SY or Ursine Ritual SK).

The main reason being the incredibly powerful cheap bronzes Entrega Larva, Adrenaline Rush providing huge value for 5P cards. Entrega Larva is probably the strongest bronze card in the entire game (as powerful as Svalblod Priest when he was 5P, and subsequently balanced to be 6P). Entrega Larva provides insane value for a 5P card which is very very hard to remove to. Nekkers are also logically the same, but nekkers can be easily handled/removed. Even Lacerate or Lambert can't kill/stop them. Entrega Larva should be 6 provisions or it should only Thrive if Barricade or it should have only 1 armor. The biggest crime of Water of Brokilon was it created two engines effectively making it +2 per turn. It was a high provision card and gave higher value card on board. Entrega Larva is the also the same. Two engines which are hard to remove and can give +2 per turn.

Adrenaline Rush provides 9 value for 5 provisions, above the curve of even SK. SK Druid who boosts two adjacent beasts give 8 points for 5 provisions. No other 5P card can give 9 value on deploy and instantly. All Organic cards provide +1 point on board, so the leader provides a minimum of +7 to the board. IMO, this is a tier 1 leader and should only have 12 provisions, like all other Tier 1 leaders. The only games I could manage to win are if I tech against this heavily, with Heatwave (for that 13 power insectoid) and Yarden. But Yarden is useless against NG, NR and ST (and against many leaders in other factions too).

If you think Arachas Swarm is not OP and you feel comfortable playing against them, please let me know what your strategies are. Please let me know which leaders you play and how you usually go against Arachas Swarm? If you are wondering which rank I am playing, currently I am in pro rank and I find Arachas Swarm incredibly hard to win against, nearly impossible).
Hi there! I had the same problem, but I managed to find success in terms of lock and reset units. Dimeritium Shackles and Geralt: Yrden is great against this deck, but invest in quick deploy damaging cards as well. As a Northern Realms main: Falibor is amazing as well as Margarita Laux for the lock and 5 Points. The Killer of Entrega Larva though is Phillipa Eilhart who clears out most swarm decks with ease.

Let me know if you find some success

Last edited by a moderator:
According to April patch leaks, Bribery will at least be fixed to function as specified.

The fix indicates that only each original card in the opponents decks is counted. If this is the case, it increases the chance of catching gold and decrease the chance of catching bronze. Specifically the problem is said to be that bribery does not count card copies as 2 cards, but rather just as 1.

If you have 6 bronze copies in your deck for a total of 12 and the rest of gold (13), this would mean the chance to get a bronze card is 6/25 instead of 12/25. It's just an example, but in more normal decks there are bronze copies and less gold cards than bronze.

The change seem to indicate that each card in the opponent deck will be considered rather than only each original card. This should decrease the chance of hitting gold cards and increase the chance of hitting bronze cards, in particular those with 2 copies in the opponent deck.

I hope this is true, it would certainly make bribery work in a more fair way.

According to April patch leaks, Bribery will at least be fixed to function as specified.

The fix indicates that only each original card in the opponents decks is counted. If this is the case, it increases the chance of catching gold and decrease the chance of catching bronze. Specifically the problem is said to be that bribery does not count card copies as 2 cards, but rather just as 1.

If you have 6 bronze copies in your deck for a total of 12 and the rest of gold (13), this would mean the chance to get a bronze card is 6/25 instead of 12/25. It's just an example, but in more normal decks there are bronze copies and less gold cards than bronze.

The change seem to indicate that each card in the opponent deck will be considered rather than only each original card. This should decrease the chance of hitting gold cards and increase the chance of hitting bronze cards, in particular those with 2 copies in the opponent deck.

I hope this is true, it would certainly make bribery work in a more fair way.
I'm pretty sure he said that Bribery will not get any changes.
Plus this duplicate change is terrible, it would make Bribery unplayable. They should just give it provision cap, or ban the problematic interactions.

I'm pretty sure he said that Bribery will not get any changes.
Plus this duplicate change is terrible, it would make Bribery unplayable. They should just give it provision cap, or ban the problematic interactions.
An option would be to make it 10 or 11 provisions and make it only pick from Golds.
In that case the variance would be much, much lower and the card would hardly overreach its provisions.

Top Bottom