Why was braindance removed, especially since we can buy braindances?

+
In some of the prerelease footage, we see that one of the features in V's apartment is Braindance. I could forgive the exclusion of the feature if BDs weren't available to buy in the red light district and if Judy didn't give us the Braindance wreath to keep. What are we supposed to do with them? They're useless. Why buy them? Just to say you have them? It's especially disappointing since there are only two hookers--a male and a female--compared with the huge variety of choices in Witcher 3. The lack of choice could have been made up for with erotic BDs. Can we expect more hookers or the BD feature to return? Maybe as some of that planned free DLC? I get the strong feeling that CDPR had to make cuts to get this game out on schedule. Would be nice to have some of the planned features back.

Last edited:
I thought BD was a core feature we use throughout the game to solve crimes? Or are you just talking about recreational BDs? I'm early in the game so I don't know yet.

Braindances were probably one of the things they havent quite managed to flesh out on time.

Will likely be patched in later on. Especially as, as we can see, you can still buy BDs and you still get given the BD headset.

The Witcher 3 was the same. Some things werent finished on time for the release date and were patched in later on or were included as free DLC.

I thought BD was a core feature we use throughout the game to solve crimes? Or are you just talking about recreational BDs? I'm early in the game so I don't know yet.
Yes we can buy recreational BDs, but they're totally useless. Can't do anything at all with them. Why even have them if you can't use them or if they weren't supposed to be a feature? Hoping they at least add the braindances if there won't be anymore hookers.

Yeah, I'm also a little disappointed they did not do more with them. There are clear hooks in there where a BD sequence would go, but they look to have been cut for some reason.

In one side quest you hunt down the BD of a serial-killer, but instead of "watching" it to gather clues to the killer's identity/location, you just send it off to a fixer who then does the detective work off-screen.

In one side quest you hunt down the BD of a serial-killer, but instead of "watching" it to gather clues to the killer's identity/location, you just send it off to a fixer who then does the detective work off-screen.

No....

[softly]
Don't...

((what the f*** that's actually the worst news I've read on this forum currently))

Last edited:
Hoping CDPR has plans for this feature. I imagine their main focus right now is squashing bugs and giving whatever performance boosts they can, but it would be fantastic to see some recreational braindance options as DLC down the line.

Whats you point?

They did not take out Braindances. Its just mostly used in missions. There will be more braindances in later missions ... I had so far 3 after Act 1. Be a bit more patient maybe?

About the buyable BDs ... well what Ive seen thats Snuff ... they propably never really included this.

The only thing they did was taking out stuff that causes epileptic shocks. But maybe they should do a warning and skip mechanism for this and let other people experience all of it.

Guest 4463978

The point is, everyone (NPCs) are talking about it and there are BDs to buy. Not talking about the story BDs.
Missed opportunity imho. Or maybe the game will get open to mods in a way like Bethesda games are allowing it
and modders can integrate their own BDs and more.

And they didn't take out stuff because of epileptic shocks, they have only weakened the effects of some lights.

The point is, everyone (NPCs) are talking about it and there are BDs to buy. Not talking about the story BDs.
Missed opportunity imho. Or maybe the game will get open to mods in a way like Bethesda games are allowing it
and modders can integrate their own BDs and more.

And they didn't take out stuff because of epileptic shocks, they have only weakened the effects of some lights.
Based on the licensing agreement for Cyberpunk 2077 in particular, it seems they have taken a decidedly unfriendly stance toward mods. It doesn't seem like they will be releasing any mod tools. Like I said, this seems like something they could probably add later via DLC or a paid expansion. Hoping they do it. I assume the whole game is there and it just needs bugs ironed out and performance improvements done. That means that now they can add to it.

Just had a thought. Maybe the braindance feature was originally meant to be used at V's apartment for investigating and not for recreation, but they thought it would be easier to provide access out and about rather than force V to go back to the apartment.

So, only one female hooker. Sex scene with the main female romance for male V happens in the dark, so you can't really see anything. There is one female character that V basically has surprise sex with, but she's only kind of okay looking, and her top stays on during the scene! It's a one off. As of yet I have not scene a holographic dancer showing as much nudity as the holo when you talk to Evelyn. Dollhouses are a thing, but they apparently cannot be used. Braindances for recreational use are not a thing, even though you have a headset and can buy braindances. The hottest girl in the game is a freaking lesbian! Aside from the extremely limited options for lewdness, we have one uncensored ad for Milfguard, a few more suggestive ads throughout the city, and a store full of dildos, and that's it. Now I have not finished exploring the game world by far, but based on what I have been able to find online, options for adult fun are severely limited in a place that is obsessed with sex. At this point I really feel like CDPR is teasing the male audience intentionally by giving just enough to whet the appetite, and then saying "nope."

Kind of off topic, but the gigs and side jobs really feel a lot like your garden variety go here and pick this up/kill this person RPG quests. While it's true that maybe there's an element of fun to be had in mixing and matching the various ways that you can approach things (guns, hacking, etc), it still boils down to go here, do this thing, let me know when you're done, here's your money. I have seen some flashes of the quality writing and character development that CDPR is known for here and there, but I really feel like it is far less frequent than it was in Witcher 3. Lack of adult options for men, and seemingly less fun quests. The amount of women who worked on this game, as well as the fact that a number of employees were foreigners is starting to be more and more of a red flag to me. I can only hope that the main quest is satisfying and that as I play more I will find more quests with good writing and satisfying objectives.

Edit: I went and read the gig descriptions instead of just seeing that most said danger very high and moving on. Sounds like many have interesting descriptions. I hope the gigs as well are engaging.

Last edited:
The developers must be facepalming a lot about the complaints about this game.
Actually it's not a stretch to understand why some guys might be annoyed since what is supposed to be their most ambitious game to date has one female hooker while the Witcher 3 has what, fifteen? I think each brothel had about five girls. It's a baffling downgrade that makes no sense whatsoever.

Actually it's not a stretch to understand why some guys might be annoyed since what is supposed to be their most ambitious game to date has one female hooker while the Witcher 3 has what, fifteen? I think each brothel had about five girls. It's a baffling downgrade that makes no sense whatsoever.
The number of hookers in the game isn't a good measure of... anything except the number of hookers in the game. There might just as well be zero.

You may be looking for a different product...

The number of hookers in the game isn't a good measure of... anything except the number of hookers in the game. There might just as well be zero.

You may be looking for a different product...
It's a game made for adults. I realize these little side activities are far from being most important, but they add to the overall package in cool ways, and their absence is noticed.

Top Bottom