Why was braindance removed, especially since we can buy braindances?

+
Honestly, this entire game feels pointless at this point. CDPR really screwed up. The game is broken on so many core levels, missing so much content, feels so half finished and "Gerry-rigged" to barely function that I can't even enjoy playing it. There's not even a New Game+ like they promised. Like with every single other open world game on the planet, including Witcher 3, you can't continue playing your character after beating the main story. What the hell? CDPR should be ashamed of themselves.

In one side quest you hunt down the BD of a serial-killer, but instead of "watching" it to gather clues to the killer's identity/location, you just send it off to a fixer who then does the detective work off-screen.
That's pretty awful. That, the key mapping and UI issues, and the AI comparison with GTAV are genuinely annoying to me. I was looking forward to the BD detective stuff in some gigs. I didn't know they hadn't implemented it.

The game is clearly unfinished, I'm 99% sure it was pressure from the share holders that forced them to release the game, I would bet that each style of characters (nomad, street kid, corpo) had a different questline in the works and now we only have a different start to end at the same exact place with the same storyline, I also feel some missions have been altered and should have alternative ends, but now its all the same no matter what we choose. (or perhaps I didn't play the game enough already)

I really hope they can make all those BrainDance titles from venders a real watchable show at your apartment or something. Doesn't have to be long, Even 1 to 2 minutes will be entertaining enough.
I almost can see that's exactly what the devs was aiming for in the very begining. But somehow they give it up.

Dispite all those critics towards BD, I personally loved BD. It's a really fun thing to do, and I'd love to see more of it, and maybe a DLC as of "Detective V of Night City" to actually investigate into an oragnized crime that involves lots of BD sences. please!

Guest 4406876

I really hope they can make all those BrainDance titles from venders a real watchable show at your apartment or something. Doesn't have to be long, Even 1 to 2 minutes will be entertaining enough.
I almost can see that's exactly what the devs was aiming for in the very begining. But somehow they give it up.

Dispite all those critics towards BD, I personally loved BD. It's a really fun thing to do, and I'd love to see more of it, and maybe a DLC as of "Detective V of Night City" to actually investigate into an oragnized crime that involves lots of BD sences. please!
I wasn't really a fan of BD but I was actually looking forward to it to have some sort of investigations or other stuff that might be entertaining and let you do something else than thinking about "I'm V, people costantly storm my phone and I pick up even if I don't and I have to run from here and there because the Almighty God Director said so, and btw I better hurry collect money that's mine, or else someone is gonna get pissed I didn't get my money on time". Like...what?

I'm also 100% sure they will do something, right now their main concern is avoid getting sued for causing epilepsy problems to gamers that can be affected by it and that never read the warnings and want to enjoy the game fully, hell they could even sue them because they can't enjoy braindance freely and that bribes their rights as disabled persons while other players can if the braindance where still enabled.

The game is clearly unfinished, I'm 99% sure it was pressure from the share holders that forced them to release the game, I would bet that each style of characters (nomad, street kid, corpo) had a different questline in the works and now we only have a different start to end at the same exact place with the same storyline, I also feel some missions have been altered and should have alternative ends, but now its all the same no matter what we choose. (or perhaps I didn't play the game enough already)

This wouldn't surprise me. It's possibly the most expensive game of all time, and perhaps management wanted to show a return on the investment in this holiday season and financial year rather than delaying until next year.

I really like the core game, but it's really lacking immersive features outside of that core. There's virtually no extra non-combat related stuff to do (minigames, BDs, etc) outside of the usual missions. CDPR do have a good history with patches and DLC, so hopefully we'll see more things implemented in time.

Who knows. The devs just threw everything into a pot and decided they'd cook it later. Once the game is finished, which will probably some time next year, we might have a blockbuster game. But right now I've given up questioning why this bug exists or why that glitch is still there. It's frustrating how it has such a high rating but is so broken. And people keep letting devs and publishers off the hook when they release unfinished titles. I hope they get it together!

Me when I realized BD's are missing outside of story mode and only exist as "junk":

download (3).gif

Just posting on my 10 required messages so Im to be allowed to ask a question. Would think people would just post 10 silly posts if they had such a rule...

This is why investors are such a bad idea. I know they probably needed them to fund the game, but all the investors care about is their bottom line. Hopefully they are now satisfied, and now CDPR can work on really finishing this game. I will finish my corpo playthrough, but I won't touch this game again until they are finished patching it and I can see what the DLC and expansions bring to the table.

yup, this crushed me. I'd rather not have it in there at all, than have something I can buy but never use.
Post automatically merged:

actually there are a few missions with branching outcomes, but they're very few and far between.

This game not only feels rushed, it very clearly was rushed.
Rushed, after two major delays.

Currently, CP2077 is nowhere near a legitimate release master!
The game that we got on the 10th is early Beta at best... at best, because not even all the content that was promised to be in, is in.

This game was clearly rushed just to get in the sales from the XMAS period, with zero regard to its actual state of development... even basic level things like UI and Interface are broken, more or less so depending on the resolution used (completely broken on 3440x1440, so much for the promised "full ultrawide support at launch").

cyberpunk2077 graphics issues_highlight.jpg
In short: CDPR has not only dropped the ball.
CDPR has become that which it originally set out to make obsolete:
Just yet another 'publisher' who gives zero fucks about their loyal customers, we players, and only, exclusively, to the exclusion of all other concerns, looks at their bottom line!

And I've even saved up for almost two years just so that I could afford the Collector's Edition, because I wanted to support the devs for their epic new game... and while the physical goodies of the CE are quite nice (though not really justifying the 220€ price point), the game itself is utterly unworthy of the attribute "epic", unless immediately followed by "fail", of course.

Back in the day, people were pretty upset about the state that TW3 was released in... but not only was that CDPR's first big game, so a bit of leeway was still in order back then, but even more so: TW3 at its worst was still much more solid than 2077 at its current best.

I don't just feel disappointed either... personally, I feel betrayed by CDPR at this point.
Neither content-wise, but especially not on the technical side has 2077 on the 10th of December been anywhere close to Release Master status... and it still isn't even close at 1.0.4.

Last edited:
The developers must be facepalming a lot about the complaints about this game.
Yeah, out of all the issues with the game he brings up "not enough female hookers". I agree that it's weird that there are only 2 prostitutes in ALL OF NIGHT CITY, but come on, there are more glaring issues with the game. Like all the bugs and performance issues.

That said, I also hope they add more prostitutes/one night stands to the game, a long with the ability to actually be able to go to a bar, sit down and a grab a drink, being able to eat at food stands, play the arcade machines, sing karaoke etc. The city is beautiful, probably the most gorgeous city I've seen in any game, ever, but there isn't a lot to do in it. I hope CD Projekt takes a look at the Yakuza games with all their side activities. I want to be able to lose myself in Night City, but the game won't allow me to, and that's a huge shame

Top Bottom