Why was Yenn rushing to Vizima?

+
The game starts off with Geralt & Vesemir tracking Yenn down, because she had sent him a letter asking to meet at Willoughby, which unfortunately, had been razed to the ground. Why was she in a rush - was it because the Emperor had received intel regarding sightings of Ciri, and has been summoned to Vizima?

I've never actually thought about the reason, but what you're guessing sounds very likely to me.

Although... if she's answering the Emperor's summons then why does that Nilfgaardian try to kill her in the opening cinematic? I guess he might simply not recognize her, especially with the hood and galloping horse. Hmm.

Well when they meet she talks about the Wild Hunt being after her for Ciri.
That might also force her to be in a rush.

Although... if she's answering the Emperor's summons then why does that Nilfgaardian try to kill her in the opening cinematic? I guess he might simply not recognize her, especially with the hood and galloping horse. Hmm.
I've always thought that she just happened to be at the wrong place - literally stumbling into a battle.

Always thought the meeting with Yen felt a tad too rushed...they could have fleshed out the prologue story more...like Geralt randomly stumbling across vague signs of his past that eventually leading to her while mysterious events everywhere occur and many game hours later things connect to each other leading to the wild hunt...

Always thought the meeting with Yen felt a tad too rushed...they could have fleshed out the prologue story more...like Geralt randomly stumbling across vague signs of his past that eventually leading to her while mysterious events everywhere occur and many game hours later things connect to each other leading to the wild hunt...

Actually, I thought that was very, typically "Yen". She always has plans within plans. She never likes to appear surprised or off-balance. And she's always looking for an opportunity to slap Geralt upside the head from behind and remind him that she's actually calling the shots. (As I've said, they're poison for each other...but there's also no one else in the world for either of them that will truly accept who each of them really is.)

It was to be their designated meeting place but got razed to the ground by either the Nilfies or the Redanians. Given that the front lines have stabilised along the Pontar by the time the story starts, it's likely relatively close by. But afaik it doesn't appear in the books, so it's just a village name CDPR made up for the story. It doesn't appear in any of the games.

Actually, I thought that was very, typically "Yen". She always has plans within plans. She never likes to appear surprised or off-balance. And she's always looking for an opportunity to slap Geralt upside the head from behind and remind him that she's actually calling the shots. (As I've said, they're poison for each other...but there's also no one else in the world for either of them that will truly accept who each of them really is.)
Yeah, true, im not sure about Geralt, but Yen is just a prime example for a narcisstic personality.
That aside, i still think the Prologue, aka search for Yen feels too short and therefore the wild hunt reveals itself way too early.
That massively takes away the feel of danger, it should be much more like Geralt chasing shadows, mysterious things unconnected to each other happen, with you as player always getting the feeling of a dark lurking evil beyond your grasp and eventually, the puzzle pieces together ...probably there could be some quests/adjustments to the main quest in the future...at least the modding tools are there...

Yeah, true, im not sure about Geralt, but Yen is just a prime example for a narcisstic personality.
That aside, i still think the Prologue, aka search for Yen feels too short and therefore the wild hunt reveals itself way too early.
That massively takes away the feel of danger, it should be much more like Geralt chasing shadows, mysterious things unconnected to each other happen, with you as player always getting the feeling of a dark lurking evil beyond your grasp and eventually, the puzzle pieces together ...probably there could be some quests/adjustments to the main quest in the future...at least the modding tools are there...

Well, the "search for Yen" actually begins in TW1...assuming people were familiar with the novels ahead of time. (Even though Geralt has amnesia, the audience is very much like, "Um...where's Yen???") I liked the drama created with his affair with Triss and the realization in TW2. All the while, Yen just accepted her lumps and got on with it...becoming mage advisor to the freakin' emperor of Nilfgaard. Probably knew where Geralt was the entire time, too.

Top Bottom