Why Witcher 3 doesn't feel as immersive

+
Why Witcher 3 doesn't feel as immersive

The camera angle is just too far from the player. If you look at the early, falsly advertised trailers of the game, you can see the camera is a lot closer to Geralt (albeit for cinematic purposes). It looked a lot more immersive. I tried having a closer fov with cheatengine, and that confirmed it for me.

We need an option for camera adjustments.

I'm playing the game over-burdened so the camera zooms in behind geralt, totally changes the game & looks fantastic. The only problem is I can't run so I have to use roach or fast travel to get somewhere quickly. Funny thing is though the camera zooms out when in combat mode & then zooms back in afterwards. It would be great if you could run & fight from this zoomed in perspective. I can't see it being too hard to make some sort of button combination to enter camera zoomed mode, maybe hold L2 & press R3 twice or something on ps4 ? It truly does make the game world feel more up close & personal with the camera zoomed in. It needs to be an option, even in settings at least

btw - check this out ... this is how I want to play the witcher 3 !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDFvpzNuGOI

HI!
MrVader you totally nailed it! i have registered to the forum just to support this idea!

It will be far more immersive indeed...

Drowner kills you from the back. "Total immersion - you wouldn't see him if it was real"

Not if you hold down block all the time, they'll only damage your sword. I'm actually fine with camera zoomed out for combat though, it's the camera zoomed in for walking/running I'd really love to see as an option.

Tuco

Forum veteran
I'm playing the game over-burdened so the camera zooms in behind geralt, totally changes the game & looks fantastic.I
I hate that camera, I would drop even the armor I'm wearing to not have to stand it for more than few seconds and I would probably attempt to murder any designer who decided to make it the default camera.

Just to offer some honest feedback, you know.

More options for camera angles is definately welcome though I really do like OVS angles, though its nice to have options to zoom in and out. As far as immersion is concerned, alcohol restocking formulae, lack of animations in using them and terrible durations is what is ruining immersion for me as it really contradicts the Geralt I have played prior to W3, the books and seriously makes no f'ing sense! lol Alcohol should not restock bombs, bomb paste and ingredients should. Same goes for the alchemy. I have been on this tangent for awhile but I happy to see that modders out there are working on giving us back old school alchemy until hopefully, CDPR addresses this. If Igni was a problem in W3, then I would imagine this should also be something that seriously needs worked on/looked into lol Thanks for reading. Take care everyone!

hmm, I was thinking the same thing, but more that W3 feels generally 'two dimensional', similar in some respects to vanilla skyrim. So, for me 700 mods (100gig) skyrim is still the top-of-the-heap gorilla of immersive sandbox. Off the top of my head I can count a half-dozen camera mods that do simply amazing things, repairing all the stuff lacking in vanilla, whatever.

I'm updating mods on skyrim, maybe I'll do a Cirri, Yen, Triss follower mod for skyrim, have them all follow me around, while we wait for REDkit. With the right ENB and landscaping still looks spectacular.

Immersion, gamplay, graphics never looked so good, even character's mesh/body, when modded, are on par or better.

I understand the argument but I think it would be impractical for fights.

When you're uncumbered in the over-the-shoulder mode the camera zooms out that lets you deal with multiple opponents. So it's a non-issue. We just need options to choose the camera and a in-game toggle so you could change it whileplaying too. The Witcher 1 had 3 game cameras. I've played the whole game using the OTS camera. The first trailers of TW3 feature a much closer camera where you don't see anything below pretty much Geralt's waist.

i disagree about the came yes its bad but ruin the immersion? no what ruin the immersion is

1 post game .....
2 the question mark areas that got categories as cave person in distress etc it shount be like that it feels unimmersive to treat the exploring like that
3 loot unimmirsive loot water and non related items in elven ruins . novigrad full of stuff for alchemist? , etc and no npc theft reaction and consequences
4 unrealistic and repetive sex scenes and covered nudity, not even it 100% feels like it gonna happed .. it dont

5 underwater sea content better loot needs some stuff not find not smugler cashe.. and some terryfing monster and sexy and generaly variety

Top Bottom