Wiedzmin Lighting Mod 9.0

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
State of wlm Novigrad is close to be done. There is maybe about 8 hours of work left to make it bug free from start to end. But there is testing and that also takes time, all in all i think it is realistic to have it next week. But i had so much in store and planed to do, because amount of things i learned is mind blowing, but this takes time, also working pc, so this new improvments will come in future.In about 9hours new video will be posted. It is something and i am produ to show it to all :)

Guest 3841499

What was your source of information for all that learning? I would also like to edit lighting, but in my own way. I have no idea where to even start - too many parameters and no explanations. I would bow to the person who would release a thorough manual on ENV file editing, including description and explanation of every settings along with a ton of screenshots showing what those parameters actually change. CDPR seriously betrayed the modding community by providing very limited tools and information for modding W3...

Guest 3841499

Looks really polished! Wish I knew how to make nights darker without having to use Dark/Atmospheric Nights mod...

Last day i did send Lars wip i did (10.11) so he can adapt his E3 swamp to it. Also i don't have pc, and this is a big problem for me. I work on friends, but progress is much slower than before because of this. Also 9.0 will be final update for main region, so i want to make sure it works, so far I corrected everything reported before, cutsceness are much nicer, characters also, AO is much more natural, shadows also. Also team have there lives, and we are not active like before in big part because i don't upload constant updates for testing like before. Also i don't have high motivation, I am burned, plus i know i will not be able to afford return to this beautiful world of Witcher in near future so that is one more reason, also I see Halk will post his HDReworked5.0 by the end of the year so i guess people that are still into Witcher will wait on it also because it is a must have mod. And yes game seams to be near dead. Maybe i am wrong but this forum appear to me like ghost town :( And to think Skyrim lives even now, good game, but imo not close to Witcher, but community and modding support is top notch. Also i am kinda depresed now, curse of moding any game is that you can't stop improving it, and in that pursue, most of us forget to play it, and time and life is short for everything :( Fucking time and relativity of it...

Mishikedman;n9838541 said:
Last day i did send Lars wip i did (10.11) so he can adapt his E3 swamp to it. Also i don't have pc, and this is a big problem for me. I work on friends, but progress is much slower than before because of this. Also 9.0 will be final update for main region, so i want to make sure it works, so far I corrected everything reported before, cutsceness are much nicer, characters also, AO is much more natural, shadows also. Also team have there lives, and we are not active like before in big part because i don't upload constant updates for testing like before. Also i don't have high motivation, I am burned, plus i know i will not be able to afford return to this beautiful world of Witcher in near future so that is one more reason, also I see Halk will post his HDReworked5.0 by the end of the year so i guess people that are still into Witcher will wait on it also because it is a must have mod. And yes game seams to be near dead. Maybe i am wrong but this forum appear to me like ghost town :( And to think Skyrim lives even now, good game, but imo not close to Witcher, but community and modding support is top notch. Also i am kinda depresed now, curse of moding any game is that you can't stop improving it, and in that pursue, most of us forget to play it, and time and life is short for everything :( Fucking time and relativity of it...

Yes, I understand everything you are saying but I believe there is still a lot of people playing the game and waiting for your next update to the mod. You have done an incredible job up to now, so I really hope you will complete your work. When I have version 9.0 plus Halk's version 5.0, I am starting a new playthrough!

Thank you for your hard work and efforts, I hope you find the motivation to finish this project. I believe even if you stop with version 9.0 it will be 10 times better than vanilla lighting or any other lighting mods. :)

I agree that version 9.0 will be a big improvement and Im sure many of us are patiently waiting for it. Modding Witcher3 may be slower now but its definitely not dead. If WolvenKit gets released im sure more people will mod again since it should be alot better and easier tool then anything else we currently have for modding tools.

Hey, mishi, I can't test it because I don't have the time at the moment. Sorry, though I'm very interested in the mod, still. But I think for the next 3 to 4 months, I won't be playing this game, unfortunately. Plus, I'm a little bit frustrated with this community and the game itself. Because all those mods make the dow....(you know what) so more obvious. But I promise I will test it, when I find the time ;) I still owe some update on the werwolf mod and I finally found a way to bypass my texture-problem. But I have to remodel it again, and this will take some time too.

Im sorry to hear it Mish, honestly WLM 9 and future HDRP versions are the only mods I care about, I always check for new videos or info and get super excited when I see a video from you. It kinda feels like we've been waiting forever for v9, not to force you to rush it or anything of course, take your time, I paused my playthrough just for v9 after all, and Im pretty sure others have done the same, hopefully we can get to play with it very soon :) Stay strong friend.

Guest 3841499

Damn, I am on my last W3 playthrough - afterwards, its Uninstall, perm-delete all W3/W3-modding files and never touch again. Vanilla-ish lighting for last playthrough - so wrong, so wrong...

Why? I mean, in the last few weeks you started a lot of mod-requests and questions about modding etc and now you will perma-delete it? lol

Guest 3841499

During the last few days I came to the conclusion that W3 modding community is truly dying and there is simply nothing to look forward to. AFAIK, Wolven Kit development stalled (GitHub wasn't updated) and lack of comprehensive W3 modding tools is probably the biggest cause of W3 modding decline, while the lack of knowledge is the second biggest cause of the same decline.

Knowledgeable Veteran-W3-modders who have done diligent and hard work in researching, testing, modding, fixing, etc., hoard the most important available aspect of W3 modding, knowledge, to themselves. I think it happens because veteran modders feel it would be unfair for other W3-modder-wannabees to gain that knowledge easily, from some simple guide, while it was them (the veteran/advanced modders) who performed all that research and were forced to work with crude, inflexible, and limited W3 tools. W3 modding knowledge is scarce as hell and that makes it valuable. Considering that modders owe nothing to anyone, in some way, I can sympathize with their attitude, but I wonder where humanity would be today if valuable knowledge would be constantly hoarded by those who discovered it, without teaching it to others. Knowledge should be passed on for the sake of the community/humanity.

That's not only my opinion. I've communicated with quite a few people on Nexus who complained of exactly the same thing. You see a modder who has done something cool, send him a PM inquiring how he figured those things out, and chances you'll ever even get a reply are some 5%, even though you see that modder being active almost daily. Sure, modders have lives, owe you nothing, may not like you, or have whatever reasons not to reply, but my gut feeling is that they don't want to be bothered with explaining all that info. I've posted many questions and I am certain that those veteran modders know the answers or semi-answers or at least how to work around those questions/answers/issues, but they aren't going to post a reply regardless. Besides, it would require more than just replying to people's inquiries. They'd have to write up comprehensive guides with sole purpose of making as many people understand it, as possible, and not target only other veteran modders with technical jargon and process complexities that, with effort, could be simplified. Maybe people with similar opinions and me are wrong about this, but it definitely "feels" that way...

Perfect example with HD Reworked Project - THE very top mod on Nexus for W3. In HDRP thread I was discussing certain aspects of meshes, textures, custom fallback items, and how I was trying to get vanilla Stone_Wall meshes (that many prefer to HDRP 4.8 meshes) to use custom textures created by HalkHogan for his custom meshes, but shortly afterwards Halk replied with "Leave it to me!" because, it appears, that if you don't already know how, then you shouldn't even try to learn, and as suggested, "Leave to the mod author"...

I know too little, but when I learn something that can improve an existing mod by fixing/adding/removing, repacking/recooking, then I do it, and release it as some "repack" with whichever changes, giving all credit to the original mod author. I also tend to provide info on how I made it happen in simple language to both mod authors and mod fans/downloaders.

Sorry, more on this, but it also relates to above.
why talk about the mod community dying? This actually has the reverse effect and is discouraging to all the new mods coming out - sure the pace might have slowed down, but isn’t that to be expected?

@MonarchX: Don’t be bitter about your repack being tacken down. It has nothing to do with you or the community. And it’s a good thing that authorship is respected on the nexus - you wouldn’t want it to happen to you either.

why not bundle your energy and all that knowledge you gained in the process and make your own mods? Not repacks but something from scratch? For me, part of (if not all) the fun of modding is finding stuff out yourself and trying so long until it succeeds (or fails) :)

Don’t assume bad faith on behalf of the mod authors of you don’t get the answers straight away, there can be a lot of reasons: lack of time (mostly), something you could have equally well food out yourself or just the fact that the code sometimes is a big MESS and tutorials are tedious. (I come from scripting and there are always a number of different ways to go about achieving one goal).

It’s not about hoarding knowledge (maybe in some cases), but all this takes tiiiiime. So, to bring that back on topic: why not mod the game for yourself and not somebody else? You don’t get anything out of it anyways, and modders that do it for the fame often don’t produce good mods.

ps: that conversation with Halk was quite friendly, no? He just said, don’t waste unnecessary time because he’s fixing it anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom