Wiedźmin Lighting Mod.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought of ti version which is in between gtx 960 and 970 and i know about mining, also prices go up drastically because of it... :(

Mishikedman;n9198421 said:
Yes gtx760 :) But i started saving for 1050 or something in that price range i hope i will get it by the end of the year maybe even 1060 6gb :) Plan is to make fantastic mod and when i finish with moding i will have gpu and start new and final game :)

good to hear, yea aim for a 1060 maybe even a 1070 its a beast ;) i will send some money your way on pay day :)

I dont know the prices in Serbia but AMD has good value cards. The RX 470/570(4gb edition ) for example almost coasts as much as the gtx 1050 ti with roughly 30% more
performance(something between GTX 780 and GTX 970). If you dont like AMD then i encourage you not to buy a GTX 1060 with 3GB. Too much horse power filled with a sprinkling of memory. The 6GB edition provides good value though.

I am glad, but truly friend, there is no need to pay for that, i am thrilled that you enjoy it that much, and that's enough for me :) Also you are friend to me and this mod from beginning and i don't forget my friends. So another wip update will come in a day or two.
I still didn't written nexus off but they will wait on it.
​​​​​​​

waterbottle23;n9198601 said:
I dont know the prices in Serbia but AMD has good value cards. The RX 470/570(4gb edition ) for example almost coasts as much as the gtx 1050 ti with roughly 30% more
performance(something between GTX 780 and GTX 970). If you dont like AMD then i encourage you not to buy a GTX 1060 with 3GB. Too much horse power filled with a sprinkling of memory. The 6GB edition provides good value though.
Ethereum mining has messed up the GPU market a lot. The prices for the last couple of months were ridiculous. It's slowly settling down, and a lot of smaller miners are finally selling off their cards, which drives down the price. But less than a month ago you couldn't find a decent card anywhere. AMD or Nvidia, it doesn't matter. If by some miracle you could find one, they were as expensive as a 1070 or a 1080.

I hate GPU miners.

Mishikedman;n9197911 said:
Thank you for support people i am litle bit better now, i will think about everything. Day is smarter than night, that is saying in my country, so in that name here is something from WIP VII.3.

WIP Kaer Morhen - http://imgur.com/a/2OvPa

Also i fixed all problems in interiors, there was one in beginning of the game when Geralt talk with Vesemir, color of room is not right, also shadows are lacking in that scene, that is fixed now. Also Lars i fixed all problem with Fyke Isle, Skellige is improved a lot, also i improved Novigrad, Velen and WO billboards and this all is much better than in VII.2

Changes for Fyke Isle are improved Shadows, improved Geralt skin, improved light shafts, improved Sun, Improved sky, similar like in KM, i found a good tone to commpliment fog.

Skellige, so far i improved sky, and i started work on weather types, corecting a lot of things. But it is in alpha phase, but vision is what metter the most :)

Incredible, and you stating that it's not even the final form makes it even better. One question regarding bug/fixes/improvements:

Was vanilla stuff so bad? Or making as much changes as you made indirectly broke/uncalibrated some elements (which are the ones currently beign fixed/tweaked)?

Mishikedman;n9199641 said:
Not for public...

Do what you will...but I still don't see how it makes sense for the people who are nice to you and who appreciate your work to get punished simply because you've read shitty comments from shitty people.
Why not attach these WIP updates on this thread instead? That cuts out 95% of the nexus children.

Base for WLM was stlm, i never eddited Vanilla, and STLM has large amount of bugs, sometimes i think it will be much easyer to eddit Vanilla, but that was long time ago and now with this many version it would be stuppid. But maybe one day i will make enhanced Vanilla but after i finish WLM and Toussaint version inspiration will be this photo - https://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content...details-screenshots-toussaint.jpg.optimal.jpg

Toussaint will be something else when i done with it :D

And more about vanilla, it is very optimised and there is small number off bugs, but thay ware playing safe, and because of that, it is not imo the best this game can offer, also whith all tweaks i done, it is a lot harder to make all things work together, but again imo game with WLM looks much better than vanilla but again this is my opinion only. Soo Vanilla is good but conservative and kinda boring, please dont hate me for that.

And for fixing WLM, in KM, here is a list, first bloom, horizon, sky brightnes, tuning sky collor to react better with clouds and mountains, i am tuning clouds to bland with scene whille looking very natural, distant folliage will have same collor and tone like one near you, i am edditing translucency for folliage billboards to make it look better in distance. And all of this is for base ENV. All other weather ENVs needs to be corrected because there is so much changes from older version, that this needs to be done for transitions to be good. [h=3][/h]

Yea i think this "not in public"-stuff is the wrong reaction too... some people are dicks and now the majority has to suffer. Thats neither nice nor fair.
Just ignore those rude people and simply give a fuck about their opinion.

Mishikedman;n9199841 said:
after i finish WLM and Toussaint version inspiration will be this photo - https://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content...details-screenshots-toussaint.jpg.optimal.jpg

Toussaint will be something else when i done with it :D

[h=3][/h]

I am very happy to hear that. From day one I've been disgusted by how Toussaint looks and told people that it should look something like the trailer.
Neon sky, overly saturated unnatural lighting. It looks like an alien planet, that is not what Toussaint is supposed to look like. It's described to look like a fairy tale because it's a rich land untouched by war, with a very pretty and specific architecture and an extravagant culture, that doesn't mean it should like an exaggerated cartoon.

They nailed it in the Night to Remember CGI trailer, but it was a Winter/early Spring version because of the snow.

Still x1000 better than the game version.

I made it somewhat tolerable for myself by combining the lighting mod that reduced neon sky with some tweaks in Reshade for the overall colors. Not the best solution but it's better than vanilla.

Public will get its release when i test all changes and when i fix all reported bugs with selected group of real friends i have here.
Nexus had its chance, and this mod is old enough and because of this i know who is who here and what is what.
And this is not a patreon page as i recall, i don't need to release one single update anymore if i don't want to.
I am working my ass off for more than 4 months and only thing i get from massive part of community is complaints and a lot of time stupid repeted questions, + i feel nobody reads single thing i say on nexus, and large number of them think of me as realtime support for all questions and requests, no meeter if ther question was answerd couple of times even on same page...
In my nature i think i am composed and nice person, and so far i was aiming to please everyone, and i was soo excited with ver 7.2 and i hoped there will be nice reception with creative comments a praise here and there but most importantly to test things i asked to be tested, and what did i get, to be offended couple of times and sooo many lurkers, and guess again more alredy answerd question and soo on...
And very small number off person that test and repport, but all is on nexus, comments are there and i will be fair to them and i will continue to support mod but time period between updates will be much bigger than before.
I am good guy but i am not Jesus good, and because of this i will not suffer this and it is what it is, now i know how Ramccoid feel with commpilation 3.0. and it is worse for me now and Only people that were good and honest from start will get wip updates for testing.
I don't want to feel like property and to be at bad and lazy people whim, people get payed to suffer this i do not.

And for last time, i have longer cooling period, i know this, so leave me be with this, and respect me, i may change my mind...

Mishikedman;n9200081 said:
i am not Jesus good
Jesus was bipolar, actually. In reality lots of people are better than Jesus.

Mishikedman;n9200081 said:
and i was soo excited with ver 7.2
7.2 is amazing. At least Skellige where I'm at the moment. I haven't seen how other regions look yet. But judging from the screenshots, I can see that the swamp looks incredible.

Mishikedman I can fully understand you and you're totally right. Just do as you will, that's the right thing. When I finished the mod I'm working on, I'll let you know and then I hope I can test your newest tweaks, if you want of course :)

ImprovizoR;n9200131 said:
Jesus was bipolar, actually. In reality lots of people are better than Jesus.

Wow, really? You know this firsthand or is this just another 2c opinion of which there are plenty to go around? Or you just read it in an "official" book of the kind that claims the world was created in 7 days? Or maybe you are a certified psychiatrist, providing a diagnosis without a subject, so your opinion has double the value and now amounts to 4c! xD

It's super easy to pick on the peaceful religions, yeah? No harm done, as is bullying the quite kids. Mishikedman just used an analogy, but religious commentary of your kind that can be considered inflammatory is not allowed here, I suppose, so maybe you should avoid it next time...

Mishikedman Had a similar discussion about it with ramccoid in the recent past, you just have to retain your calmness and if you can't deal with all those negative people just avoid/block them. Thankfully there are people that appreciate you and your work so you don't have to feel all alone. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom