Wiedźmin Lighting Mod.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mishikedman;n8690960 said:
Something similar will added in new update with fog weather type :)
Is it the fog from Toussaint? Because Toussaint foggy weather looks really good. It would be great if you could add it to the main game.

I wanted to update peeps on forum on new changes in version V

1.Optional version of distant FOG do know i can do mix with one change to side with Novigrad in view i can use for that side original version IV while for all others i can do optional fog... This is 12pm and clear weather. I included Vanilla for sense of progres :) - http://imgur.com/a/OgiN2

2.I will be including couple new weather types first that is prety much done is weather with mist-fog :) - http://imgur.com/a/CN5mJ

Mishikedman;n8708530 said:
I wanted to update peeps on forum on new changes in version V

1.Optional version of distant FOG do know i can do mix with one change to side with Novigrad in view i can use for that side original version IV while for all others i can do optional fog... This is 12pm and clear weather. I included Vanilla for sense of progres :) - http://imgur.com/a/OgiN2

2.I will be including couple new weather types first that is prety much done is weather with mist-fog :) - http://imgur.com/a/CN5mJ

The misty weather looks amazing!

Hi Mishikedman. Because of my works I couldn't enter forum and even couldn't play game. And some days ago I realiased this mod. I played with STLM all time so now a bit confused :D Do not know which one to chose. Anyway. I wanted to ask one thing. I asked from essenthy and he said he do not want to dig into this, so may be you will.

Swamp zone lighting was always a problematic part of all lighting mods. All other zones is more or less same with old build. But swamp zone is never was close enough. The biggest problem to me is the fog which reacted to light in E3 demo and the sky color which the part near the sun was colored different than opposite part of sky.

Now, fog reacting to light and sky coloring is still in game. All other zones have this future. For example.

And in E3 swamp it was similar.

But in Mod it looks like this.

So could it be possible somehow to make swamp sky and fog look like this?

amfibiya89 It is posibile but very time consuming, so i dont think it will be in version V. Honestly i alredy done this but problem is optimatisation to look good in all directions, also it is not just tweak for fog but sun and sky also, a lot of veriables. I can post my old results when i come home if i had time for it. It was good but it needs a lot of work. Also there are alredy soo many changes and addons for version V that i need to optimise. I dont know if you saw older posts and posts on nexus, but plans for V are big, every region will have 4 new weather types + old ones, + tweaks to colors, bug fixing,distant fog, tone and soo on. It is masive update, also i have news for rest of you. Skellige will get some loving tonight, folliage, sky, sun, fog, + you will have two clear sky weather types with purple and a bit warmer version with sky and changes to sun like in this picture.
- https://static1.gamespot.com/uploads...e_explored.png .

Also i paln to implement fog weather types, snow storm weather type, new rain storm, and rain weather and soo on + new waves are returning in version V but a bit optimised version and only for Skellige... There is changes on csv level there will be addons on fx and clouds even one from baw.

But do know peeps some weathers will be little bit performance intensive you may lose 1-3 fps in some situations. I will see to optimise it to be without fps lose but i don't know so i will not make promise.

Last edited:
K4rx20;n8715590 said:
Yea possible! I haven't worked with swamps yet so i don't know if it fits but its possible.

It is good to hear that this is possible :D And i am sorry but what is name of your mod? As I said I did not have enough time to check :) Or do you work with Mishikedman?

Mishikedman;n8715780 said:
amfibiya89 It is posibile but very time consuming, so i dont think it will be in version V. Honestly i alredy done this but problem is optimatisation to look good in all directions, also it is not just tweak for fog but sun and sky also, a lot of veriables. I can post my old results when i come home if i had time for it. It was good but it needs a lot of work. Also there are alredy soo many changes and addons for version V that i need to optimise. I dont know if you saw older posts and posts on nexus, but plans for V are big, every region will have 4 new weather types + old ones, + tweaks to colors, bug fixing,distant fog, tone and soo on. It is masive update, also i have news for rest of you. Skellige will get some loving tonight, folliage, sky, sun, fog, + you will have two clear sky weather types with purple and a bit warmer version with sky and changes to sun like in this picture.
- https://static1.gamespot.com/uploads...e_explored.png .

Also i paln to implement fog weather types, snow storm weather type, new rain storm, and rain weather and soo on + new waves are returning in version V but a bit optimised version and only for Skellige... There is changes on csv level there will be addons on fx and clouds even one from baw.

But do know peeps some weathers will be little bit performance intensive you may lose 1-3 fps in some situations. I will see to optimise it to be without fps lose but i don't know so i will not make promise.

Wow. Man, lots of stuff really. :D Cool. It is more than 2 years and I still haven't finished the game. I began after STLM 2.1 and when 3 announced I stopped and began from beginning and now will begin from beginning again and when you will make swamp zone same as E3 I will begin from beginning again LOL. I hope when I will 45 years old I will finish this game. :D

And please send that picture. It is super interesting and can't wait you make this someday. :)

amfibiya89 I dont think you will have to wait that long. Plan is to finish V, i will try to eliminate all bugs before it, and i hope it will be finished this week, after that, i plan to doo some quest specific stuff to improve them upon like scene when crones first appear in swamps, i plan to induce fog fx like in 35 min gameplay, also i plan to fix some others, i think it will be soon after V maybe next weak but we will see, and than i will do swamp so i hope by the end off jun we will have it :)

Mishikedman;n8716250 said:
amfibiya89 I dont think you will have to wait that long. Plan is to finish V, i will try to eliminate all bugs before it, and i hope it will be finished this week, after that, i plan to doo some quest specific stuff to improve them upon like scene when crones first appear in swamps, i plan to induce fog fx like in 35 min gameplay, also i plan to fix some others, i think it will be soon after V maybe next weak but we will see, and than i will do swamp so i hope by the end off jun we will have it :)

What a day. What a lovely day. :D

K4rx20;n8717500 said:
nah im working alone^^ this is my mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2385/?
i worked on kaer morhen too but tbh the result isn't that great. Right now im working on PT 3.0

Aaaa. Yes I know this. As I said before I have not finished main game yet. But your mod looks beautiful.

And about FPS. Mishikedman just do not make something look bad because of FPS drop. We suffered enough because of this. :) This mod is for PC and who have weak PC can always lower the settings ;)

Milos, the new changes are looking fantastic, I can't wait to try them out in game!! The new mist looks particularly awesome! It will be great to have all the new weather effects and the merge with the Realistic Weather conditions. I'm thrilled we'll be getting the stormy Skellige waves again, I'm a huge fan of those!

I like the effect of the distant fog, it should be a nice addition for those who prefer the fog to DoF. I would still recommend that players use KNG's DoF mod so they can get exactly the individualized DoF they want, but everyone has their own preferences.

I hope you will still consider adding the modified cutscene lighting that only activates in interiors and caves that you had mentioned ages ago, and my only critique would be to decrease water translucency slightly so that small streams are more visible. To see what I mean check the small stream near the Maurader's Bridge.

Regardless, it's great to have you working on the mod again and that you finally have a functional graphics card again haha. Your dedication to the mod is exemplary! Keep up the great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom