Wiedźmin Lighting Mod.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mishikedman;n8829740 said:
But is it posibile to swithc puddles with sea ssr surface ? I also miss dynamique fluid system they had before for blood, aslo grave wounds look much better and blood spraying was very good :( I don't know why they did it, but features like this will be dearly missed

All this stuff was trimmed down so that the game would run on consoles.

But is it posibile to swithc puddles with sea ssr surface ? I also miss dynamique fluid system they had before for blood, aslo grave wounds look much better and blood spraying was very good :( I don't know why they did it, but features like this will be dearly missed

I asked many times to essenthy, could he bring SSR to little puddles? At first he said may be he will try. After some time he said it is not possible if I remember correct. :/ But we already saw many "impossible" things happened about this game's modding ;) So may be one day. :D

And Yes. I listened every Jose's interview and I remember one day he said he found a new way to simulate blood which follow splines but not particles, and he said it will save more FPS. Just how he said after E3 that many shaders and other assets are not optimized in E3 demo and will be reduced in necessary places.

Hello Mishikedman and others.

Here are my screenshots taken with WLM V.

It includes foliage distance scale 3, 4, and 5 to display low lod presence. Taken @4k with DSR on a 2k monitor with a 1080ti. Of course the pictures' resolution don't show that...

My personal opinion is that we need SOME more DOF and SOME fog (not a huge amount but just enough) to cover those up as much as possible without making it look horrible.

You be the judge.

http://imgur.com/a/WtjCq

Last edited:
Mishikedman Here we are...True 4K on a 4K 55" TV...everything on ULTRA (and further with manual tweaks). What I want you to notice is not the shadows on trees...is that even with the highest set possibile (foliage at 5) we still have Billboard mountains...that's why we really need fog and a better DOF.

FOLIAGE 5

FOLIAGE 2

FOLIAGE 5

FOLIAGE 2

FOLIAGE 5

FOLIAGE 2

FOLIAGE 5

FOLIAGE 2

FOLIAGE 5

FOLIAGE 2

Just see now how a good (not so good as the one in lightin mod IV version) DOF can mitigate such horrible view...and how much better would it be with fog...

How this game change with the right DOF is Amazing

Last edited:
That's not real SSR. It's just cubemaps, I'm afraid.

CDPR really didn't have to strip away SSR from the game. A lot of modern PC games have an option to turn SSR off because of performance. Some even have the option for a lower resolution SSR. The removal was obviously done for the sake of system parity.

Last edited:
ImprovizoR;n8836320 said:
That's not real SSR. It's just cubemaps, I'm afraid.

CDPR really didn't have to strip away SSR from the game. A lot of modern PC games have an option to turn SSR off because of performance. Some even have the option for a lower resolution SSR. The removal was obviously done for the sake of system parity.

Cubemap can't reflect animated object on surface. And the part of object doesn't disappear from reflection when it goes off screen in cubemap. It is 100% SSR. :) You can check yourself.

Mishikedman;n8829600 said:
Ok thank you Elderwand30 it will help, but i will rock it with this mod, and i will make optional version when i fix all that i plan, in a weak or two i will release two optional version one for people with humble machines for distance scale set to 1, next for 2.5 and last one for 4 and i will cover only bad lod with these settings and i think larsroar41t4 will help me with this, because i dont have hardware good to test it. I think laptop will burn itself and me along side it :D God how i miss my gtx 970 :(
Is it possible to look up default DOF and fog values for Toussaint and apply them to Velen/Skellige? Perhaps the result will look nice. Worth a shot, I think.

ImprovizoR;n8845260 said:
Is it possible to look up default DOF and fog values for Toussaint and apply them to Velen/Skellige? Perhaps the result will look nice. Worth a shot, I think.

Yeah I have also made a request in the past for using some of the improved lighting effects from Toussaint in the base game's lighting, but perhaps it is not as simple as copying values...don't know.

WalteriusMaximus;n8845420 said:
Yeah I have also made a request in the past for using some of the improved lighting effects from Toussaint in the base game's lighting, but perhaps it is not as simple as copying values...don't know.

i dont like Toussaint fog and have little hope it would even be possible to convert over to base game. but what you guys think about borrowing project toussaint dof values over to wiedzmin if K4rx20 allows it, dof is really well done in PT and could cover up a lot of low LOD vegetation

Last edited:
To be honest, I am getting more and more the impression that DoF values just need to be set to their default values. People can always use KNG's DoF mod to modify it. Because it seems that everyone here has a different idea of what they want and poor Mishikedman is trying to please everyone and in the process, I don't know if this mod knows what it wants to be any longer.

WalteriusMaximus;n8845740 said:
To be honest, I am getting more and more the impression that DoF values just need to be set to their default values. People can always use KNG's DoF mod to modify it. Because it seems that everyone here has a different idea of what they want and poor Mishikedman is trying to please everyone and in the process

yea i agree, i think they currently are on vanila values

I agree with the DoF sentiment as well. KNG's DoF mod is fully compatible and allows for complete user customization which should remove the need for numerous versions or people feeling like they have to compromise anything they want.

damn those interiors look on point! Could be a liiiittle bit darker for my taste tho..
anyway looks great

You didn't saw new weather types :) Some are fantastic, but dont quick judge when i release update, see how weather looks in different time of day :)I saw some fantastic results, and they are consistent also :)

Just left to fix Dijkstra bath and Suwage :) I will work on optimising weathers env and csv files and update 5.1 is set :) So tomorrow night release :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom