Wiedźmin Lighting Mod.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I think he isn't. STLM Skellige was pretty bugged (many bloom issues) in version 3 as it is base of this mod. And mishi changed like everything in the files, added new parameters and so on. Even changend the water, added new weather, fx and waves. I think it is fair to say that this mod is more his own than STLM. Don't underestimate the work he put into this.

GregorWladacz;n8875110 said:
Don't underestimate the work he put into this.

I think nobody is underestimating Mishikedman's work. Im not even using WLM atm but I appreciate the work! Im not using STLM either
But one thing that really bothers me is, that people tend to underestimate the work essenthy has put into this. He was the pioneer of editing the lighting and nowadays everybody just treats his work like he fcked more things up than improved. Some people act like STLM sucked badly and now WLM fixed this shitty work.

Last edited:
K4rx20 I didn't want to sound like I undererstimated essenthys work. I can't speak for mishi, but I think he doesn't underestimate it too. Before WLM came up, it was the lighting mod to go for me and I loved it. And I'm thankfull that essenthy allowed mishi to use his files as a base to work on. So no offense there :) Anything else is a matter of taste. And taste shouldn't lead to offenses.

Maybe back on topic ^^ Offending each other shouldn't be part of this thread :)

Mishikedman I too want to know what's up for VII. Maybe you could tease us a bit with some ideas. Nobody will be hurt if they will be changed for some reason :) And we all will wait patiently.

There is no need for all of this. We all work with same goal to make this game beautiful. And we are all on same side. No need for this talk. linaswas_001 Do you mod env files, do you mod csv files. Nearly every single line is corected in mine taste. If you don't belive it, start playing Witcher with WLM and STLM. I don't disrespect his mod it is fantastic, And yes you are right he was first, but this all does not mean it is bug free and belive me it is far from it, again imo. I have right for opinion, people will judge what mod is better for them. Not you me or anyone. There is one env file similar with his, and that is Skellige but only one env- wt_clear. I need to work Viedzima and Island of mist. And with this, WLM is his own mod. Credits to Essenthy for files and work and he is credited on front page. But you can't say this is stlm clone. It is realy difrent in every location. And some are night and day diference.
If you prefer STLM keep playing with it, wait on updates, live happy ;)
You can't amagine how much time i put in this mod.
If you saw env structure and if you know what is what, you will then understand.
There will be comparison videos, and you will see big difference and do know i started from version 3.0 as base, fixed many things with big time diference, for couple of weaks you have good clouds, and yet there is soo many bugs need to be fixed with it.
I can make comparison with 3.1.2 but you will get only angry than + again there is masive diference in all regions ;)
Did i lie about anything ?

And to all about tweak for VII it is tied on how Geralt and NPC skin react to light. I done this for one test version. But i will talk more because so far is hard incorporating it in exteriors. But i think i will make it work. But i am burned now, and my wife miss me. I need to give here back some time i used on moding Witcher :) Also i have a lot of work here in the house. Because we are building life together and it is hard time but it will get better, because we are one step closer to our goal :)
Don't take all of this so personal, there is noo need to be angry, life is to short for that ;)

Mishikedman;n8875620 said:
And yes you are right he was first, but this all does not mean it is bug free
you're right! but i learned nearly everything I know about modding the lighting from him. He gave me so many tips and helped me so much, thats why im getting pissed when people don't treat his work with respect.

There is no need for all of this. We all work with same goal to make this game beautiful
true words!

You can't amagine how much time i put in this mod.
actually i can! I've only worked with one region intensively and even this was and is soo much work. Doing multiple regions at once must be overwhelming.

pls stop the drama, and show some respect for both essenthy and mishikedman who has spend a tremendous amount of their own time, making something beautiful so we all can enjoy Riven-Twain

GregorWladacz;n8875450 said:
I too want to know what's up for VII. Maybe you could tease us a bit with some ideas. Nobody will be hurt if they will be changed for some reason And we all will wait patiently.

milos commented this on cdpr forum "But version VII in time to come will be fantastic, because i will incorporate some tweaks i done for interiors"

Last edited:
K4rx20;n8875740 said:
you're right! but i learned nearly everything I know about modding the lighting from him. He gave me so many tips and helped me so much, thats why im getting pissed when people don't treat his work with respect.

K4rx20 0 Did i disrespect him in any post ? But also i will not let someone do this to me and my work...

Mishikedman;n8875720 said:
And to all about tweak for VII it is tied on how Geralt and NPC skin react to light. I done this for one test version. But i will talk more because so far is hard incorporating it in exteriors. But i think i will make it work. But i am burned now, and my wife miss me. I need to give here back some time i used on moding Witcher :) Also i have a lot of work here in the house. Because we are building life together and it is hard time but it will get better, because we are one step closer to our goal :)
Don't take all of this so personal, there is noo need to be angry, life is to short for that ;)

You have contributed enormously to this modding community and making Witcher 3 lighting better than it ever was. You definitely deserve some time off, as long as you want! ;)

Mishikedman;n8875720 said:

life comes always first friend, great job on v6 it looks great :) and god it looks good whit compilation v2, the clouds are so beautiful

larsroar41t4;n8876010 said:
life comes always first friend, great job on v6 it looks great :) and god it looks good whit compilation v2, the clouds are so beautiful
Please share screenshots! I can't try these two great mods for the moment. :(

larsroar41t4;n8875750 said:
show some respect for both essenthy and mishikedman who has spend a tremendous amount of their own time, making something beautiful so we all can enjoy Riven-Twain
I am rather enjoyable . . . however, that's enough about me.

Moderator: Quite right. Keep it mutually respectful, please. Posts deleted.

Also, since this project originated from STLM, I suppose people can still mention that mod, occasionally; however, discuss it responsibly, and do not drown out the topic of this thread. Thank you. Carry on.

Personal note: Mishikedman , I hope you have a chance for some rest. Commendations on your commitment to modding. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom