Wiedźmin Lighting Mod.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not something that you can do with csv or env eddits. Maybe but i will have to do research on that, but i don't understand why would this be good for the scene ?
If color is problem, than know this, they react directly to color of the sun and this can be fixed for KM. because we don't see sun at 8:30pm and 4am soo it can always be white and sceen will not suffer, and clouds will be white :)
Is this your problem Quantifiable or there is somethig else ? In 7.3 there is still some variation with sun collor i plan to corect for 7.4 do know this ;)

Mishikedman;n9210151 said:
That is not something that you can do with csv or env eddits. Maybe but i will have to do research on that, but i don't understand why would this be good for the scene ?
If color is problem, than know this, they react directly to color of the sun and this can be fixed for KM. because we don't see sun at 8:30pm and 4am soo it can always be white and sceen will not suffer, and clouds will be white :)
Is this your problem Quantifiable or there is somethig else ? In 7.3 there is still some variation with sun collor i plan to corect for 7.4 do know this ;)

Of course they will be much better after the color fix, but i simply never liked them to begin with because they are just animated 2D Sprites and look bad overall, they also clip through the castle when moving.
It's a real pity that they removed the real volumetric cloud rendering from the game, at least the skybox clouds have the benefit of being really high up and distant from the camera.

2013 screenshots:

Mishikedman;n9210171 said:
ImprovizoR Soo did you saw it ? :)

Yup. Just now for about 10 minutes. It looks so clean. Kinda makes me wish the rest of the game looked that clean but then it would all look the same. And ambient occlusion looks a lot better than in the rest of the game. Is that on purpose or just a lucky accident?

Last edited:
ImprovizoR On purpose, and all regions are wip, every region will get much more love and attention in future updates :) And imo it is a good thing to have difference in regions but quality should be @ same level :)
Quantifiable Yes it is a shame, but it is what it is at least for now.

Mishikedman;n9210531 said:
ImprovizoR On purpose, and all regions are wip, every region will get much more love and attention in future updates :) And imo it is a good thing to have difference in regions but quality should be @ same level :)
Quantifiable Yes it is a shame, but it is what it is at least for now.

Thanks either way, if you figure out a way to remove them I would appreciate that, until then the fixed color will be a big improvement.

Quantifiable;n9210301 said:
Of course they will be much better after the color fix, but i simply never liked them to begin with because they are just animated 2D Sprites and look bad overall, they also clip through the castle when moving. It's a real pity that they removed the real volumetric cloud rendering from the game, at least the skybox clouds have the benefit of being really high up and distant from the camera.

Idk about the clouds and so on, but what really makes me cry is the water on the second screen, it was smashing on the cliffs and rocks, :'( You can see it better in the trailer

Have you thought about importing the Toussaint skybox to replace the one used by light cloud weather? I really dislike the vanilla clouds, STLM managed to make it work well and it is one of the things I miss.

I think it`s the best if you work on your own vision and make bigger updates before waiting for bullshit comments like the one you posted above. The progress could be so much faster. I dont want to sound rude but neither there is much helpful criticism on nexus nor here. At least, i dont see any or are you guys active on Discord?
You dont have to act like Essenthy but you cant please everybody and you cant expect useful suggestions for every little update.

Progress faster, two days for whole Kaer Morhen, both interior and exterior and that is slow ? Aks K4rx20 is it easy to mod lighting for KM ?
Hours and hours of work...

Making all around balanced changes to the .env is never easy. Always takes a lot of balancing and so on. KM is definitely not the most complex region but it takes quite some balancing because of those damn Tree textures... they are really awful. Tbf skellige, novi, velen and toussaint are way more complex tho.
Anyway 2 days for a whole region is very fast thats true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom