Wiedźmin Lighting Mod.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
am not ok with you making money with my work, i spent countless hours on it and i always refused donations ( no i dont need anyone money thanks in advance ) despit peoples literally begging me to accept donations, to see someone just come up take it and start to make money off of it is infuriating, you could have at the very least asked

but the worst thing is that you think its ok to not only take CDPR work and make money with it, but the peoples who made the tools to mod the game too, those guys are the heroes who made modding this game possibles, the guys who did the digging, researching, documenting their findings, ect ... what the hell did you do beside literally stealing STLM and pretend its now your own mod ? i gave you permission to use it hoping that you would make something new and cool out of it, not setting up a freaking patreon

so will gently ask you to not use STLM anymore, and if you have any respect for other peoples work stop with that patreon scam

I don't use it. Try it, it is different mod, also as far as i know color is not your making it is gods, also while i do respect you i expect same from you. And do know one thing, many things you don't even started to work on in your mod, are done in wlm and all that is just eddit of hard values so I and all people working on lighting mods can't take credit for something that is already there. And again mod is free, and patreon is free will, it is not imposed on anyone.
And don't blind belive people around you, and play with wlm and than talk about it. Stating that stlm is wlm is not even close to be valid.
All the best :)

Mishikedman;n9236421 said:
I don't use it. Try it, it is different mod, also as far as i know color is not your making it is gods, also while i do respect you i expect same from you. And do know one thing, many things you don't even started to work on in your mod, are done in wlm and all that is just eddit of hard values so I and all people working on lighting mods can't take credit for something that is already there. And again mod is free, and patreon is free will, it is not imposed on anyone.
And don't blind belive people around you, and play with wlm and than talk about it. Stating that stlm is wlm is not even close to be valid.
All the best :)

I recommend reading the wcc_lite eula.

Again mod is free. I can't believe people don't understand this. New version will be up 26.08 this is stated by me on nexus. I update mod regulary and it is better with every new update. So i don't see problem with this. Also i don't know your need to bully me about it, what is reason for this ? If you are not intrested in wlm move on, play with stlm. If you want to talk about it offer sugestion i am open for it like always. Respect for all people with good will.

Mishikedman;n9236421 said:
I don't use it. Try it, it is different mod
Ye, you took the mod, deleted some files and changed the numbers in envs :) so it is a completely different mod for sure.

Try mod and than talk about it ;) And as far as i know, moding lighting mod is just that changing numbers in ENVs, and CSV files...

Mishikedman;n9236671 said:
Try mod and than talk about it And as far as i know, moding lighting mod is just that changing numbers in ENVs, and CSV files...
I tried to unpack both mods and compare the file structure, that was enough ;) so it's kinda funny when you say that it is a different mod

Well if you are not a complete dolboeb you use EnvUI then its just legit playing around with numbers but that's not the point here.

Last edited:

may i present to you: 2 completely different mods :)
and sorry for the pun, but 7.4 is not yet free so

Attachments

• image_162201.jpg
    image_162201.jpg
    888 bytes · Views: 42
Last edited:
Hahaha unpack all lighting mods and they all have same structure. Do they all originate from stlm ? Also you have dlc folder with bunch of weather files that are signed to vanilla weather types, also they are new weather types, never done in any lighting mod all tied in csv files, also look KM bunch of things never done in any other lighting mod, but all that is alredy in env files and that is just that eddited value, you just need to know what you are doing. Goo see csv files, go play with both mods, and than talk. Don't you think your post is ignorant at best ?

This is a kindergarten. I mean if you mod the lighting, you will most likely mod the same files but with other values. To all saying this is the same thing as STLM, please make a statistic comparing those files and tell me the percentage of the same values. I'm curious. I mean if you look at the water alone Milos changed everything about it and he was the first to do so. He brought bigger waves and more spume to the ocean water. But like I said, I'm open minded and hope to see some evidence to the accusations.

I understand people complaining about it. It seems to be unfair to get paid for mod which is supposed to be a hobbything and free for all. but the mod is still free and updated for everyone. If someone is willing to pay for a faster progress, it's their decision. In the end it's really close to be the same as the donation button since it's all based on free will to give. If modders like essenthy don't want money for this, I think it's very noble, but you shouldn't expect this from others.

Maybe we can close this topic now, because its said like a thousand times that this mod is and WILL BE 4 FREE.
We all should be concentrating on making this game better and more beautiful and don't complain about the ones who do this.

Last edited:
GregorWladacz;n9236831 said:
This is a kindergarten. I mean if you mod the lighting, you will most likely mod the same files but with other values. To all saying this is the same thing as STLM, please make a statistic comparing those files and tell me the percentage of the same values. I'm curious.

did you see that comparison? i now other things have changed more, but having this in and telling wiezdmin isn't an alterated stlm anymore is, i would say, an adventureous statement

DJ_Kovrik;n9236621 said:
Ye, you took the mod, deleted some files and changed the numbers in envs
What do you expect though? Env editing is all about numbers. I don't get it, just because people have edited those envs before, does this make anyone try to edit them differently illegitimate? I have all respect to essenthy, he did the pioneer job, and I am sure Mishikedman started learning env editing from him. However, IMO, this should not prevent anyone from changing the values of the envs (What can you do to them, besides change values?). As long as there is a significant difference between the 2 mods, I think you should consider WLM a new mod. I know WLM was an edited stlm, but if you consider the effort and time he spent on it and how differently it looks now, and the new stuff he introduced in WLM (DLC weather, etc.), and the fact that env editing is technically restricted to value editing, we really should give credits to Mishikedman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom