Wiedzmin vs STLM - WIEDZMIN FREE AND UP ON NEXUS AUGUST 26.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will post this again.....
Would you mind telling me any difference?

Those shots are all (very) different. Some are closer to STLM, but they're never the same. And I don't see the point in all this. Maybe we could spent our time for something more useful than just be fanboying the other one off. If you don't like WLM, then stick with STLM.

KamehamehaNudel WLM is slightly brighter. But the mountains in the background could also be slightly darker than in STLM. I think it's because the sky over the mountain top has this white spot around it.

Last edited:
Maybe because it‘s the same game? Could you please just stop giving everyone shit? If you don‘t like wlm that‘s fine. Just go and play with stlm then. Essenthy himself said that everything Mishikedman does is fine as long as he does it in his own thread / on his own mod page. Sooo please dude, just stop it and go do something else.
Besides... both mods aim for the same target, which is the E3 look. Strange that they look similar, huh?

Last edited:
The_I3arracuda;n9238051 said:
Maybe because it‘s the same game? Could you please just stop giving everyone shit? If you don‘t like wlm that‘s fine. Just go and play with stlm then. Essenthy himself said that everything Mishikedman does is fine as long as he does it in his own thread / on his own mod page. Sooo please dude, just stop it and go do something else.

no its because the wiezdmin mod uses the exact same env file there. He wanted comparison proof, i gave

(To the mods)

How was my post antagonizing at all?

I just stated that the thread name would provoke argument; and it seems I wasn't all that wrong.

in my eyes there was no point for deletion, unless there is biased mods out there.

i believe wiedzmin lighting mod is aimed to make witcher 3 look the best as it possible can using inspiration from e3 footage and other sources, it has been shaped whit community feedback all the way and tremendous amount of work from one of the best lighting moders if not the best on w3nexus Mishikedman. saying WLM is STLM is just simply ignorant, WLM is its own lighting mod now, and shares no to few similarities to STLM, all respect to essenthy but he has no saying in the future of WLM. the lack of respect from some of you on forum makes me sick.

Last edited:
larsroar41t4;n9238261 said:
i believe wiedzmin lighting mod is aimed to make witcher 3 look the best as it possible can using inspiration from e3 footage and other sources, it has been shaped whit community feedback all the way and tremendous amount of work from one of the best lighting moders if not the best on w3nexus Mishikedman. saying WLM is STLM is just simply ignorant, WLM is its own lighting mod now, and shares no to few similarities to STLM, all respect to essenthy but he has no saying in the future of WLM. the lack of respect from some of you on forum makes me sick.

ther's no tremendous amount work when literally everything was already done from stlm 3.0, changing a couples of colors values doesnt qualify as " work ", testing, researching and fixing is work, not stealing

but this is not exactly about STLM at this point, because STLM isnt just me, i used many peoples knlowedge/help and tools, and to think that someone can just come and profit with it is mind blowing, let alone be tolerated on official CDPR forums

you are free to support a scam, but dont talk about stuff you have no clue about, now i wont waste my time anymore with this and i can only ask mods to think two time about what exactly they are allowing here, making profit from other peoples work is wrong no matter how you look at it

STLM acted as the foundation for WLM and permission was needed to use it in the first place. STLM3 wasn't created over night; there've been countless threads about it on this board. It was both a learning and trial/error process for Essenthy. STLM was first uploaded in Sep 2015. WLM is relatively new in comparison. There also wasn't much solid information to work with regarding ENVs when he was active with it. Essenthy practically did all the heavy lifting before WLM's inception. Yes it is its own mod now but it was still born from STLM.

Aside from this, another person on Youtube also attempted to use STLM as the bedrock for their mod and only came out with it after suspicions were rising. Not sure what links/posts were taken down but entering donation territory seems really iffy here.

Mishikedman;n9237471 said:
I dont want that, you decided before that i wlm is copie of stlm base on what ?

saying WLM is STLM is just simply ignorant, WLM is its own lighting mod now, and shares no to few similarities to STLM

*Ahem*

I wonder how the author will try to justify this.

Besides, following Wiedzmin's mod page for a while you could see the change in tone. Including the link to donation, then encouraging people to donate and then setting up a Patreon and asking people to become patrons and pay to get their own custom versions. Not only it violates the Nexus's TOS, it violates CDPR's Modkit EULA (it is bundled with your installation of wcc_lite, go read it, Mishikedman violated it twice) as you are not allowed to create anything for money. No matter how you try to spin this, he is still in the wrong as long as he's making money off it, family problems or whichever kind of problem. No one would even care or bother if he kept updating his mod with as many/little changes as he could as long as he didn't monetize, he had permission from Essenthy to use his files and the matter would've ended there.

So. Making money off mods is an issue - we're checking up the line about it. Pretty sure not allowed, but, again, up the line some questions must go.

Arguing with moderators in public isn't an issue, it's not allowed at all. Issuing infractions.

Going off topic after warnings and/or being rude or antagonizing, also against the rules. More infractions.

Feel free to debate the two mods here, but be polite. Be topical. Don't break the rules.

Last edited:
Mishikedman;n9238951 said:
And for the last time mod is free, and it will be up on nexus @ 26.08.

AAAAND with that, (after a bit of deleting) I think I'm going to lock this thread before things get heated. Everyone go to your corners and cool down. Also updating title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom