Wiki page category assignment now available to users

+

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
Wiki page category assignment now available to users

Users can now assign categories to wiki pages by themselves.

Changing the category counts as a change pertaining to the whole page, so the whole page will become unviewable (displaying the "there are no approved versions of this page" message) until the changes are approved by an administrator.

Users can now assign categories to wiki pages by themselves.

Changing the category counts as a change pertaining to the whole page, so the whole page will become unviewable (displaying the "there are no approved versions of this page" message) until the changes are approved by an administrator.
Hello Vinthir,
thank you that you took care of our request.

What is the advantage against the previous state when an admin set the category? (While the page's content being viewable.)

Though I understand the need of this proceeding I will not make use of this new "solution", sorry.

I would ask an admin for "setting the category" (as before) and then wait 'til it's done. While the changed content being visible.

(Iirc content changes are applied immediately)

edit: doesn't the wiki have the possibility to set a changed page into a temporary state, which says:
"This page was changed by a user what is out of the responsibility of the stuff.
It's state will change from temporary to valid after an admin approved it."

Last edited:

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
I've just removed the necessity for edited wiki pages to be approved. You can change categories etc. without having to wait for the admin's approval. If problems arise I'll have to reverse it. For now I'm waiting and watching :].

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
I had to re-enable revision approval for wiki pages due to problems with spam. I'll see what else can be done but currently enabling revision approval seems to be a necessary measure to take.

[EDITED:]
Unfortunately I additionally had to disable editing of wiki by the registered users for the weekend. This will be reverted next week.

Last edited:

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
Testing a new spam counter-measure. For now I re-enabled the ability to edit pages for registered users and disabled revision approval.

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
I've been experimenting with permissions to keep spammers at bay since I first posted about it.
I just made some changes that should make it possible for registered users to assign categories again.

I've been experimenting with permissions to keep spammers at bay since I first posted about it.
I just made some changes that should make it possible for registered users to assign categories again.

Great ! It Works !
Thanks that and thanks for your answer :)

Hello! Plese, help me. I don't know whom i need to ask.
Now the wiki of redkit(The Witcher 2) is not working, isn't it?
I want to find any information about working with this editor, but all links to any tutorials is not working.
Unfortunately i can't find any information anywhere.

P.S. sorry for my english

Top Bottom