Wild Hunt faction suggestion

+
This has probably been stated before but the Wild Hunt should probably be their own faction. Most of their cards aren't in the best of shape right now so it may be logical to rework them into a new set. I know this going against OG gwent somewhat but the wild hunt aren't really monsters anyway. Cards like Caranthir etc could simply have their abilities transferred to new monster cards if necessary. Just a suggestion but I think pure wild hunt decks could open up interesting new keywords etc based on the white chill (I know white frost already does exist as a card but it is basically never played) or some kind of regicide archetype (where you have a designated king and benefit somehow from killing it) etc. Just a thought for some more diversity.

For me the Wild Hunt fits perfectly into the Monster faction from a lore perspective.
The Wild Hunt appears to outsiders as some kind of Monster bringing terror and dread. Even if you would tell someone there that those are really elves, they probably wouldn't even believe you.

It is kindof the same (but a lot better), than all non human races being thrown togehter into the Socia'tael, because for a lot of humans all non-humans are in league with those or at least under that suspicion.

Also, from a gameplay perspective I don't think it is necessary either or even feasible.
Games and books together I can only imagine 7 existing heroes for them (Geels, Imlerith, Eredin, Caranthir, Nithral, Oberon, Avalaach), while the faction standard is having 6 leaders. That would mean nearly all the gold cards and probably some of the leaders would be made up from scratch.
And the Novigrad faction only worked so well, because we knew a lot of the characters from the books and games and the rest were based on sterotypes we had seen already too and could relate to from what we had already seen.
3 quarters of a faction being completly made up from scratch would be completly different.

The reason the Wild Hunt is part of Monsters is the fact that basically everything that any creature arriving after the Conjunction of Spheres is part of Monsters.
Just as anyone (who is not part of Syndicate) in the North is a valid member for the Northern Realms and anyone from Nilfgaard is part of the Nilfgaard faction, including even Isbel of Hagge, who joins Meve against Nilfgaard and after admitting she is born in Nilfgaard breaks her Vow to not use magic to harm others, in order to fight alongside Meve crushing Nilfgaard.
For Isbel to be part of Nilfgaard should be a pretty clear example that ties or allegiances hold absolutely no meaning in being part of a faction (other example are Draug for NR, Mad Kiyan for NR, Zoltan for Scoiatael etc).

But I agree on the fact that the Wild Hunt needs to be completely reworked.
At this point they are less playable that Wolf Pack, let alone as an actual archtype (which they are due to Wild Hunt Warrior (propably the worst card in the game)).

New expansion idea:
Lets try to immagine, that Ciri was captured by Wild hunt and now was under their control.

Siri Nova should be reworked to Beta-Iris, that damaged all units on opponents board by 2 when killed.
However instead of damage, Ciri Nova could release a 'Weakened' effect on opponents side of board (which could target additional units that are played on the opponents board, until Ciri Nova is killed or locked. Weakened could/should be amplified/added by Frost weather affect. Basically weakened is a mechanic that can be added from multiple sources, and amplified the more source that are present. Ciri + Frost are just two examples.

Wild hunt units should do something on units that are weakened. Smartest thing to do here is that the unit can do multiple things at once, based on number of weakened effects present. 'Raid' 'Torture' 'Decapitate' 'Enslave' :coolstory: . Just a few words to spark the immagination.

Devs job should figure out what these 'weakened' bonuses should be.

I would have loved to see an Ofir Faction (rather than Syndicate at all, kek) at release of MOO. There are endless possibilities of new and creative approaches. But instead we got op neutrals..that break the game by old flawed unchanged, sometimes abusive mechanics.:giveup:

Honestly, I'd rather have them work on existing potential archetypes rather than creating a new faction from scratch.

I have to say, the first time I saw ones like Carantir, Imlerith and Wild Hunt units in the Monster Faction I got mylself asking
"Whattaf.uck?"

They sure are BAD guys, but not Monsters or Monsters oriented characters. Well, they use some wild sniffer, but... so does some Scoiatel and Syndicate and Dwarfs.

Like the OP I would love to see a Wild Hunt Faction that synergies with dual unit cards.

"Wild Hunt is bad guys"

The most comical that is nobody understand that Human World of Witcher Universe is a pure [...], especially when it is said about it's Rulers', governance and their Motivation.

And the best choice there is to join WH or Monsters / Vampires, Maybe SY.

[...]

"Wild Hunt is bad guys"

The most comical that is nobody understand that Human World of Witcher Universe is a pure [...], especially when it is said about it's Rulers', governance and their Motivation.

And the best choice there is to join WH or Monsters / Vampires, Maybe SY.

[...]
Except that the Wild Hunt is not better in the slightest, you might even argue they act just as unethical as Nilfgaard.
As for the human world in the Witcher Universe itself, just as in real life there are good and bad people, there are pure egoists and honorable people (which reminds me quite much of Skellige in the Witcher 3).

Top Bottom