Wild Hunt redesign

+
Wild Hunt redesign

The Wild Hunt

Ever since the Wild Hunt became an archetype I played the hell out of it, and expected it to be really good and stuff, but it turns out that it just lacks synergy, and we end up with weather decks using Wild Hunt Hounds without any other Wild Hunt units. I've taken it upon myself to redesign a couple of the Wild Hunt cards to make them more synergistic with each other.

Wild Hunt Warriors are pretty dull, boring cards at the moment. It's just simple damage, and there is no incentive to play it in a Wild Hunt deck, other than the ability to be pulled with the Wild Hunt Navigators. With my redesign, they are significantly weaker strength-wise, while preserving the removal (to make it more susceptible to removal itself) and adding Frost Synergy. Now this synergizes a lot better with Wild Hunt Navigators.

Wild Hunt Riders are pretty cool in my opinion, but yet again, they offer no synergy with the Wild Hunt other than with Wild Hunt Navigators. To fix that, I removed the Trio ability (Which was overpowered when left unanswered, and worthless if your opponent had any removal). Now the Wild Hunt Riders can buff up your Wild Hunt units in your hand, while being potential carryovers for the next round.

What do you think of my redesigns? Would these be welcome changes? What would you suggest?
Please leave me your thoughts in the comments below.

Attachments

• photo151880.png
    photo151880.png
    495.3 KB · Views: 48
  • photo151890.png
    photo151890.png
    416.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
The proposal for the wild hunt warrior seems good to me.

But your version of wild hunt rider is a hawker support with resilience. Not very excited about that.

However I like the warrior change very much.

pngpl;n8937980 said:
But your version of wild hunt rider is a hawker support with resilience. Not very excited about that.

At first, I had the same thoughts, but it has to buff a Wild Hunt unit. You can't buff Crones, Harpies, etc... But I do agree that it'S hilariously similar. What would you propose? Any suggestions?

I have never thought about changing the wild hunt rider.
I do not know what the community thinks about the trio ability, but if it is about to be changed, it would be better in my opinion to be able to buff any wild hunt unit both in hand and on board.
Or if we had to choose between buffing a unit in hand and on board, I would pick buff a unit on board.

If you play wild rider, buff a unit in hand and lose the round you carry in next round 9 points. It is a bit straightforward the way this works and it seems to me a bit boring. Plus your opponent ca do little to nothing about it.

If you buff a wild warrior on board and you have frost on opponent's row you can carry 7 points if you win and 13 points if you lose.
Carrying 7-13 points in next round could be enough to help you win the round or make your opponent waste a powerful card.
But it needs at least 3 cards to work (wild rider, wild warrior, and frost), and it can be intercepted if the opponent clears the weather.

Top Bottom