Wild Rose Dethorned Achievement bug

+
Wild Rose Dethorned Achievement bug

I can't seem to get this achievement even though I have cleared all the camps and looted them all. I've double checked the camps now, meditated even to check if any fallen knights would respawn but still nothing. It seems that the achievement is bugged. Is there anyone else here who encountered this?

Last edited:
Yap, same problem here. I even tried loading my last save before the expansion. Did every camp from the beginning, killed everyone, looted everything. It did not pop up.

Yap, same problem here. I even tried loading my last save before the expansion. Did every camp from the beginning, killed everyone, looted everything. It did not pop up.

I also just tried starting a new game with the mode "Heart of Stone only" and did all the bandit camps even the part where you have to face ulrik and even the person in distress with the fallen knights. even clean looted the place. STILL DIDN'T GET THE ACHIEVEMENT.

No problems with this Achievement here, popped after cleared the last camp. Have you all made the Rose quest were you also have to clear and loot a camp + a hideout from the fallen knights?

SOLUTION that worked for me:
I cleared out all their posts but did not get achievement, I decided to revisit all of them once again and it turned out that in one of the camps I missed to kill one knight (He simply failed to load at my first visit), after I killed him I was given the achievement. Pretty sure this is solution for most of you :)

I cleared out all their posts but did not get achievement, I decided to revisit all of them once again and it turned out that in one of the camps I missed to kill one knight (He simply failed to load at my first visit), after I killed him I was given the achievement. Pretty sure this is solution for most of you :)

How many camps are there in total?

Believe there are 8 camps. Having this exact same problem. Was playing normally and conquered all 8, completed person in distress and a quest but no achievement. Even started a new game and went to all 8 camps but no joy.

Tried that, as well. I even meditated in every camp, didn't work.

Any official word from CDPR? Would be nice to hear from them that they're aware of it and will be patching it soon. It's ridiculous.

Yep same here. I just miss this achievement and the ofieri and i'll be at 100%. Great dlc , great story, but a little bit buggy !

Keep doing the good job Cdred !

This trophy/achievement is certainly bugged.

I did not earn the trophy on my first playthrough due to the fact that the game did not reward it to me after fulfilling all the criteria required. I tried going back to all the locations and meditating, all the standard bug fixes you can think of. No luck...

On my second play through of HoS, I loaded my standard Deathmarch save (not my NG+ save) and I started to think of all the previous bugs that I have previously encountered in the Witcher 3 and I started doing the camps in a certain way.

Whilst I cannot say that all of the things I did will help anyone else, I did earn the achievement following these strict guidelines, so maybe, just maybe, it'll help at least one of you out.

I didn't technically loot all of the camps, nor did I kill 'all' the knights either. I didn't have to do anything else other than the actual bandit camps themselves and midway through the last (8th) bandit camp, the trophy popped.

My list isn't particularly spoiler heavy though it contains minor details about certain quests.
Before you start.

1. Load a fresh save of HoS (not NG+).
2. Read the Notice Board to start.
3. Go talk to Olgierd von Everec about the contract.
4. Accept the Rose on a Red Field side quest.
5. Go and read the notice board in Brunwich and take all the notices.
6. Start taking out the camps, there are 8 in total, but you may not even need to finish the last camp properly.

I did do the camps in a specific order, but I doubt it matters much in terms of order.

To do list in the camps.

1. Kill all the knights, be sure to keep them inside the camp limits.
2. Meditate (make sure you've killed them all).
3. Loot all the knights (don't drop any loot whilst inside the camp grounds), loot all of the unimportant chests (yellow)
4. Read any letters, books or quest items that you have picked up.
5. Loot the red chest, however be sure to use the 'take all' option.
6. Leave the camp, save, head to the next camp.
7. Rinse and repeat 1-7. Keep going until the trophy registers.

Things I didn't do.

1. Use Axii to force knights to kill each other.
2. Use fast travel.

Last edited:
Before you start.

1. Load a fresh save of HoS (not NG+).
2. Read the Notice Board to start.
3. Go talk to Olgierd von Everec about the contract.
4. Accept the Rose on a Red Field side quest.
5. Go and read the notice board in Brunwich and take all the notices.
6. Start taking out the camps, there are 8 in total, but you may not even need to finish the last camp properly.

I did do the camps in a specific order, but I doubt it matters much in terms of order.

To do list in the camps.

1. Kill all the knights, be sure to keep them inside the camp limits.
2. Meditate (make sure you've killed them all).
3. Loot all the knights (don't drop any loot whilst inside the camp grounds), loot all of the unimportant chests (yellow)
4. Read any letters, books or quest items that you have picked up.
5. Loot the red chest, however be sure to use the 'take all' option.
6. Leave the camp, save, head to the next camp.
7. Rinse and repeat 1-7. Keep going until the trophy registers.

I followed your guide, used my 2nd save file (death march) and lower dfficulty to easiest to do it faster, and it worked. Trophy popped. I took everything from soldiers and chests in camps and sold at merchants. After i killed last soldier on the far north-west camp on the map i get trophy. THANK YOU very much for your guide, hope it will help for other players. And CDPRED should pin that solution for others to be easier found. Once again thanks. Cheers

I followed your guide, used my 2nd save file (death march) and lower dfficulty to easiest to do it faster, and it worked. Trophy popped. I took everything from soldiers and chests in camps and sold at merchants. After i killed last soldier on the far north-west camp on the map i get trophy. THANK YOU very much for your guide, hope it will help for other players. And CDPRED should pin that solution for others to be easier found. Once again thanks. Cheers

I am glad it helped someone out at least.

The more I think of it, it is either to do with the order of the quests, or the actual process of looting itself, or both. Either way, it works and that is what matters, I have started to share the list around as to help more people.

Hmmm very intriguing. Once this download updates I'll give this method a go and let you know the results. Thanks Pattington, saw your post on another forum too. Sharing is caring lol :) Much appreciated.

A concern I have is that my save is in Kaer Morhen so to avoid fast travel completely I'll have to start a new game from HoS.

Last edited:
Hmmm very intriguing. Once this download updates I'll give this method a go and let you know the results. Thanks Pattington, saw your post on another forum too. Sharing is caring lol :) Much appreciated.

A concern I have is that my save is in Kaer Morhen so to avoid fast travel completely I'll have to start a new game from HoS.

I highly doubt fast travelling before you start the HoS campaign will make much difference, but I tried to list everything I did and didn't do as to help others, finding this alone was merely a process of following the same concepts I used to overcome other game breaking bugs. We'll see though.

Good point lol

Oh well, in the process now, just done the second camp and working through each point.

*edit: OK done, well why am I not surprised. Thanks for posting that up but it still didn't work for me. Camp near Erde was very glitchy, enemies disappeared then came charging from the back portion. From 6 enemies, 3 disappear, then the 3 reappear running from the back.

The southern most camp only had 4 enemies?

One of the north camps also struggled as enemies kept popping in/out i.e. disappearing, reappearing on the spot.

That was a really strict run that I followed to the point. When the boltsmen went too far away from the camp for my liking I retreated back a bit so they came forward, I also moved around them so when I attacked it pushed them in towards the camp.

Nothing though, I'll have to wait for a patch if it ever comes. Absolute bs. Wasted so many hours trying to do this - what should be a straight forward achievement. You know what to do with my sentiments I cannot write here CDPR, but know there's a little birdie on my finger :D

Last edited:
Good point lol

Oh well, in the process now, just done the second camp and working through each point.

*edit: OK done, well why am I not surprised. Thanks for posting that up but it still didn't work for me. Camp near Erde was very glitchy, enemies disappeared then came charging from the back portion. From 6 enemies, 3 disappear, then the 3 reappear running from the back.

The southern most camp only had 4 enemies?

One of the north camps also struggled as enemies kept popping in/out i.e. disappearing, reappearing on the spot.

That was a really strict run that I followed to the point. When the boltsmen went too far away from the camp for my liking I retreated back a bit so they came forward, I also moved around them so when I attacked it pushed them in towards the camp.

Nothing though, I'll have to wait for a patch if it ever comes. Absolute bs. Wasted so many hours trying to do this - what should be a straight forward achievement. You know what to do with my sentiments I cannot write here CDPR, but know there's a little birdie on my finger :D

Very odd, sounds like you have another issue effecting your play through, which I did not come across, and let us face it, that is entirely possible.

When I did my runs, all the knights spawned perfectly fine, nothing disappearing and appearing again. Perhaps something was missed?

Think it's just buggy. I have had it on another play through where the knights at the camp near Edre spawned on the camp fire. There were 4 of them and then suddenly 2 walked out of the fire after popping in. Was quite weird.

Indeed, there are numerous possibilities and anything & everything could set off a bug. Quite tedious though. I'll wait a couple of months and come back to this game. Should be a few patches by then. Maybe even wait until the next DLC is due to complete this.

Was all aboard the hype train for Witcher 3 but I've been met with disappointment with quest breaking bugs etc, getting a bit of a joke especially when the game was delayed for the very reason of ironing out such things.

Could it be the launcher ? I'm playing the witcher 3 on galaxy (beta not activated). Did you guys, who had the achievement , playing on galaxy or on steam ?

I'll try your guide this afternoon Pattington-Bear,

Top Bottom