Will Bathesda surpass CDprojekt Red this gen?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The game may be buggy, and run like shit majority of the time, but CDPR don't leave skeleton crews for games and work on something else. They stick with it and do their best to fix issues, no matter how long it takes them.

Witcher 3 may have been downgraded, may run like shit on PS4, may have issues on PC, but in time, usually not that long, majority of the big issues will be resolved.

I have more respect for CDPR than most studios, and despite my attitude towards Witcher 3's horrible frame issues, I know how much it means to have this company in the gaming industry.

I can't speak for Bethesda but CDPR have went above the call of duty to address faults with The Witcher 3. With Skyrim mods had fixes for a lot of that games bugs way before any official patches were released. I'm playing on PS4 and though not perfect this game is by no means unfinished or unplayable, the same could not be said of the Xbox 360 or PS3 version of Skyrim. I had to buy the PC version of that game to finish it by installing mods.

Im not just brown nosing, in all fairness I have to give praise where it's due to CDPR for their quick response to problems.

I take a bad ending over a broken game that everytime is night in the city in there or everytime there is fire on screen or you go to a swamp or try to fight more than 4 enemies makes the framerate drop so bad to the point of making me sick.

I love the witcher 3 but fuck CDproject red for fucking lying to our faces and saying game was fine on ps4, when framerate is normal i enjoy the game, but framerate is a problem that devs should be called out when they fail like they did, Ubisoft had framrate probelms in ass creed and fans fucking crucified them. CDred gets a free pass?

I dont have nor had FPS problems with either W3 or AC:Unity. On PC.

If you want smooth framerate you get a PC. No this isnt "muh pc masterrace" talk.
I myself had a PS3 and X360 and i dont think i need more than my 10 fingers to count how much of those had games with fix stable framerates.
Just the top of my head i cant even name one that isnt a Call of Duty game.

AC:U, FFXV and W3 all run horrible on consoles(yes anything under 30fps is horrible). They are all openworld games with great graphics, especially Unity.
Ubisoft even downgraded Unity in a patch on consoles to improve it even more. Syndicate already looks worse than Unity so it can run better on consoles.
Its not really on the devs that the consoles have weak hardware.

Look at the W3 downgrade, the first that was shown and "downgraded" was on PC only and then the devs got the info to console hardware and capabilities...suddenly looks worse.

Not that i mind, i myself have no problem with W3 graphics, but they fucked up in 1.04 patch because it caused poor draw distance and horrible popins.

I agree with @Gazzaho

The game, ignoring the issues and really, really awful frame drops in various areas, the game is technically brilliant. They nail down every important aspect with Witcher 3 where as Bethesda can only create a large game world to explore, but with absolutely NO substance whatsoever.

---------- Updated at 07:43 PM ----------

@vegitossj7

I think what you meant to say is not everyone is Naughty Dog, SuckerPunch, Kojima Productions, Japan Studios, Santa Monica and even Hello Games with No Man's Sky.

Then yes, I agree, consoles only ever shine with 1st party studios, or a studio who's worked with SONY for years and years. Or, in this case, Hello Games with additional support from SONY.

We won't see another good RPG for years to come. Bethesda said they have no plans for the elder scrolls in the near future, capcom is making dragon's dogma 2 but it's an online game now not a single player sequel which would have been amazing. And the witcher series probably ends here, they will only release dlcs for TW3 and then focus on cyberpunk 2077. RPGs are dead and this was the last, greatest rpg game.

@vegitossj7

I think what you meant to say is not everyone is Naughty Dog, SuckerPunch, Kojima Productions, Japan Studios, Santa Monica and even Hello Games with No Man's Sky.

Then yes, I agree, consoles only ever shine with 1st party studios, or a studio who's worked with SONY for years and years. Or, in this case, Hello Games with additional support from SONY.

I dont know about the rest. but i know for a fact that Naughty Dog games, while yes they are good games, even their games dont run stable 30fps.
Or at least they did not on PS3.
But they did look the best though.

Plus its a bit silly to mention them after Uncharted 4 in-engine footage and then they mentioning they aim for 60fps with even better graphics at 1080p.
Then suddenly gameplay shown, graphics heavily look worse and 60fps doesnt really matter that much.

Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, all these ran perfectly fine @30FPS while looking incredible. Last of Us, however, did not. Then again look at when that game was released, and the PS3 was already on It's last legs by the end of 2012.

So yes, aside from LoU on PS3 being quite dodgy. the rest have performed extremely well.

---------- Updated at 07:55 PM ----------

I don't think you understand how a vertical slice works, or a target trailer. KILLZONE 2 had two of these, and while the finished product didn't look as amazing as the 2nd, was definitely one of the best looking games of 2009.

Graphics look heavily worse then what Naughty originally showed? You may need to get your Elitist attitude and shove it elsewhere. No offense.

We won't see another good RPG for years to come. Bethesda said they have no plans for the elder scrolls in the near future, capcom is making dragon's dogma 2 but it's an online game now not a single player sequel which would have been amazing. And the witcher series probably ends here, they will only release dlcs for TW3 and then focus on cyberpunk 2077. RPGs are dead and this was the last, greatest rpg game.

RPG has been around at least 40yrs. I remember the books we used to read as kids.Each paragraph with multiple options telling us which piece to read next. They were awesome.

RPG is nowhere near a dead duck. I expect there are companies out there right now already hard at work on the next one.

Role playing is part of who we are. It will never fade.

No, no fanboyism on display here, just that you are showing signs of PC Elitism, and it makes you look like a jackass. Again, no offense.

No, no fanboyism on display here, just that you are showing signs of PC Elitism, and it makes you look like a jackass. Again, no offense.

Is that it?
Facts are now PC Elitism?

Uncharted 4 looks a LOT worse than what they first showed.

The case is not the same with Witcher 3 or Watch_Dogs.
Its pretty much you getting butthurt over this. You are either a ND or Sony/PS4 fanboy.
Otherwise you wouldnt be getting butthurt over this now.

Watch_Dogs was downgraded, heavily. Witcher 3 was downgraded, either for optimization, or not.

You are judging a game in Pre-Alpha, set for release in Q2 2016 and it seems to me you are butthurt for not ever getting the chance to play Uncharted 4... due to PC Elitism? Hmm....

Was the gameplay footage shown less than the reveal? Yes, It's noticeable on Drake's face, and lighting. It is a heavy "downgrade" looking A LOT worse than previously shown? No, It's not.

Again, your PC Elitism is showing itself, making you seem like a jackass. Again, no offense.

I take a bad ending over a broken game that everytime is night in the city in there or everytime there is fire on screen or you go to a swamp or try to fight more than 4 enemies makes the framerate drop so bad to the point of making me sick.

I love the witcher 3 but fuck CDproject red for fucking lying to our faces and saying game was fine on ps4, when framerate is normal i enjoy the game, but framerate is a problem that devs should be called out when they fail like they did, Ubisoft had framrate probelms in ass creed and fans fucking crucified them. CDred gets a free pass?

Hey, guess what? I'm also playing on ps4 and I'm having 'no' issues (except a small bug). The devs probably did all the testing they could do, found problems and solved them, and are now attempting to solve the problems that are found when thousands of players have thousands of different variables which cause issues.

Take a chill-pill and wait for them to fix the bugs that are still in the game for 'some' people.

Watch_Dogs was downgraded, heavily. Witcher 3 was downgraded, either for optimization, or not.

You are judging a game in Pre-Alpha, set for release in Q2 2016 and it seems to me you are butthurt for not ever getting the chance to play Uncharted 4... due to PC Elitism? Hmm....

Was the gameplay footage shown less than the reveal? Yes, It's noticeable on Drake's face, and lighting. It is a heavy "downgrade" looking A LOT worse than previously shown? No, It's not.

Again, your PC Elitism is showing itself, making you seem like a jackass. Again, no offense.

Yep. Sony fanboy confirmed.
Instantly thinking i want to play Uncharted 4 and im just butthurt i cant, despite i can play on my own PS4 anytime i want.
WD was heavily downgraded but Uncharted 4 wasnt?
Lol, yep, sony/ND fanboyism shows its truest form.

All my "PC elitism" shows is that i have better eye for details plus i have a higher standard since i have a huge variety of game library instead of a small one like the PS4's.
Witcher 3 & WD are missing effects and small things. Both game can be made too look like pre-downgrade with some sweetfx and/or .ini edit.

Meanwhile your lovely Naughty Dog game has less detailed models, enviroment, physics and effects missing.

Your console/ND fanboyism is showing itself, making you seem like a total idiot. Again, no offense.

Best thing this is not the first time ND does this.

Here have your fun:

Last edited:
RPG has been around at least 40yrs. I remember the books we used to read as kids.Each paragraph with multiple options telling us which piece to read next. They were awesome.

RPG is nowhere near a dead duck. I expect there are companies out there right now already hard at work on the next one.

Role playing is part of who we are. It will never fade.
40 years ago? during those 40 years there were periods where there weren't any particularly good rpgs or not? That's what I mean by dead. I only care about the good ones.

Last edited:
The way I see it is that if anyone buys into the hype of a game a year or more before it's released they deserve every bit of butt hurt they feel on release. I always take video footage released at shows like E3 with a severe pinch of salt, I've been bitten way to many times by the hype machine in the past to ever be bit again.

When you see pre-release footage think, that looks nice wonder what the end product will look like? All this elitism talk is idiotic, considering you're arguing about vapour ware as no one has first hand experience of a game which isn't released yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom