will cdpr do a NMS with cp77?

+
i just watched this and it was very informative. i hope they listen and do mean all of them because if they somehow just patch up the game and call it a day (like how EA does it) then cp77 is the LAST GAME i will EVER buy from them. i was amazed how NMS had one of the greatest redemption arcs in video game history. i only wished the same thing happened for ME3's ending as well as other companies taking notes of this.

Look, I've heard quite of bit about some of you hoping for this since the disastrous launch of Cyberpunk 2077. I personally don't think that this is going to happen. What Hello Games did for No Mans Sky was (and is) simply amazing. When I think of that game, I always imagine a phoenix rising out of the ashes and soaring into the high skies. Hello Games turned that whole game around and created what is now a game that has far exceeded its initial expectations. Now look at what CDPR has said in their last video - They spoke of patching the game to improve the performance and bugs, updating the game with multiple improvements, releasing free DLCs and next gen console updates; with multiplayer and paid DLCs coming out next year. Oh and let's not forget the apology, what CDPR stands for and uh...Them being "very proud" with the PC version of the game. I think CDPR, the Management anyway, are happy with the game as is. They just want to sort out the issues consoles have been having so that the game can get back on the PS Store [edit: and in the process appease the Polish Consumer Council who are breathing down them right now]. They want to then concentrate on the online component of the game for next year. CDPR is looking at this from a business perspective. That's how I see it anyway. Think of it...They've already spent years to develop the game we have now. They are having issues with that alone which they are now trying to resolve. Are we to think then that they're thereafter going to develop the game (costing them more time and money) to a point that maybe meets or even surpasses our expectations! I honestly don't think so. :)

Last edited:
The reason why people point to the No Man's Sky story is because it's an anomaly. It doesn't normally happen in the gaming industry. Normally games are hyped up/falsely advertised at E3 and then fail to deliver and are left in that state. I expect CDPR to fix the performance issues with the game, as otherwise they face legal consequences, but I don't expect many major improvements to the base game. The free DLC for W3 included things like extra items, and whilst the expansions gave good side-quests, they didn't really add game changing mechanics of the magnitude that people are hoping for with Cyberpunk 2077.

Look, I've heard quite of bit about some of you hoping for this since the disastrous launch of Cyberpunk 2077. I personally don't think that this is going to happen. What Hello Games did for No Mans Sky was (and is) simply amazing. When I think of that game, I always imagine a phoenix rising out of the ashes and soaring into the high skies. Hello Games turned that whole game around and created what is now a game that has far exceeded its initial expectations. Now look at what CDPR has said in their last video - They spoke of patching the game to improve the performance and bugs, updating the game with multiple improvements, releasing free DLCs and next gen console updates; with multiplayer and paid DLCs coming out next year. Oh and let's not forget the apology, what CDPR stands for and uh...Them being "very proud" with the PC version of the game. I think CDPR, the Management anyway, are happy with the game as is. They just want to sort out the issues consoles have been having so that the game can get back on the PS Store. They want to then concentrate on the online component of the game for next year. CDPR is looking at this from a business perspective. That's how I see it anyway. Think of it...They've already spent years to develop the game we have now. They are having issues with that alone which they are now trying to resolve. Are we to think then that they're thereafter going to develop the game (costing them more time and money) to a point that maybe meets or even surpasses our expectations! I honestly don't think so. :)
they should or have to otherwise i said before this will be LAST GAME i will EVER buy from them if they just only patch it up and call it a day.
money can be made back easily, trust not so much.

they should or have to otherwise i said before this will be LAST GAME i will EVER buy from them if they just only patch it up and call it a day.
money can be made back easily, trust not so much.

You realise that regardless of the car crash release this game has still been a massive commercial success for CDPR? They've made absolute bank. As per the Bloomberg article - the execs supposedly had the devs work on the E3 'gameplay demo' for months instead of working on the actual game. Hype and marketing > product quality when it comes to sales.

Look, I've heard quite of bit about some of you hoping for this since the disastrous launch of Cyberpunk 2077. I personally don't think that this is going to happen. What Hello Games did for No Mans Sky was (and is) simply amazing. When I think of that game, I always imagine a phoenix rising out of the ashes and soaring into the high skies. Hello Games turned that whole game around and created what is now a game that has far exceeded its initial expectations. Now look at what CDPR has said in their last video - They spoke of patching the game to improve the performance and bugs, updating the game with multiple improvements, releasing free DLCs and next gen console updates; with multiplayer and paid DLCs coming out next year. Oh and let's not forget the apology, what CDPR stands for and uh...Them being "very proud" with the PC version of the game. I think CDPR, the Management anyway, are happy with the game as is. They just want to sort out the issues consoles have been having so that the game can get back on the PS Store. They want to then concentrate on the online component of the game for next year. CDPR is looking at this from a business perspective. That's how I see it anyway. Think of it...They've already spent years to develop the game we have now. They are having issues with that alone which they are now trying to resolve. Are we to think then that they're thereafter going to develop the game (costing them more time and money) to a point that maybe meets or even surpasses our expectations! I honestly don't think so. :)

Its a fact that the majority is also in agreement.

I seem to remember a bit back when NMS first released and also getting all the flack it received for a long time. It took a few years to get it right. By the time it was turned around, the huge anger fest had subsided, and anything that happened after that was glorified an amazing turn around. Today, people praise the game....sometimes forgetting that it was once in a place that cp77 is currently in.

I think this game will eventually follow the same routine. The anger is still lingering around here really heavy...and will continue to do so for a long time. In order for this game to perhaps one day be glorified as NMS is, there needs to be a very long cool down period. I can almost guarantee that we will all look back at this while we praise how this game turned it around and became the classic it was intended.

Now i do understand that there is one huge difference in my theory here. It was the marketing deceit. That is something that will be a thorn in many peoples sides for years to come. Thats another issue cdpr will have to gingerly deal with every time they release anything from here on out.

I still think it all boils down to time. I mean really, none of us know what their plans are going to be besides the little information theyve already told us. Again, let me emphasize...things can change. Lets look at this game down the road lets say.....two years from now. Im not exactly sure how long it took NMS to get it right...but i do know it wasnt overnight.

I bought NMS at launch and the anger from that community was immeasurable. However, the difference from CDPR and Hello Games now was that, Hello Games official homepage went silent for about 90days or so, doing everything in silence. Every time CDPR puts out a statement, or a reply to an article, or posting screenshot events on their official tweeter, the NMS route seems to further away.

I bought NMS at launch and the anger from that community was immeasurable. However, the difference from CDPR and Hello Games now was that, Hello Games official homepage went silent for about 90days or so, doing everything in silence. Every time CDPR puts out a statement, or a reply to an article, or posting screenshot events on their official tweeter, the NMS route seems to further away.

I can agree with that.

Its the reason why so many folks here in the cp77 community think that cdpr needs to just keep their mouths shut and do the job. Sometimes too much information can be more hurtful than helpful.

I can agree with that.

Its the reason why so many folks here in the cp77 community think that cdpr needs to just keep their mouths shut and do the job. Sometimes too much information can be more hurtful than helpful.

That's why I personally didn't like it when they introduced a roadmap. It creates a deadline in which if (god forbid) they fail to meet will create even more disappointment. I seriously love some aspects of this game and really want it to be polished as CDPR visioned in 2018 and I can wait for that.

Well the only times CDPR has broken silence have been:
1. To refute a rumour that the team was planning to "do a No Man's Sky"
2. To issue an apology video where they said they simply underestimated the hardware restraints of the last-gen consoles (the only consoles that were out when development started) and more importantly that they are proud of the current PC version of the game.

i just watched this and it was very informative. i hope they listen and do mean all of them because if they somehow just patch up the game and call it a day (like how EA does it) then cp77 is the LAST GAME i will EVER buy from them. i was amazed how NMS had one of the greatest redemption arcs in video game history. i only wished the same thing happened for ME3's ending as well as other companies taking notes of this.
One can only hope that they are as dedicated to the IP as hello games is to theirs.

Because I personally see little future in CP, if simply the bugs are fixed. And besides that I also think that this is more about CDPR than only CP. Where people might remember the terrible release of No man sky and had they simply chosen to just patch it up and be done with it, no one would have bought anything from them again, because the trust would have been gone. However seeing how they have kept working on the game and improved it, I think people are much more willing to support whatever next product or major expansion they are going to sell.

To me CDPR faces a lot of the same issues now, it is not a company that throws out a lot of titles and can afford them to not really do well, not only in regards to how much they sell, but more in regards to them making games for a very specific group of people/fans. Whereas someone like EA can release Star Wars games and even if they do bad, they still have all their sport games, which appeal to another group of people.

Even if further development of CP is costly and time consuming, as stated in the video as well, if an indie studio can do it, surely an AAA can as well. But CDPR need CP to shine, because I think a lot of people will lose interest in any further releases within this IP, if it's simply more of the same.

I personally wouldn't be particular interested in buying further expansions, if they simply do what is currently in CP. I was never especially hyped on another GTA game, I believe the combat system is broken and wouldn't enjoy playing with that in an expansion. I also think the crafting system is broken and I don't feel that choices really matters and the list goes on.
Im not interested in a multiplayer version, doesn't matter if it is a Co-op experience of the current game or a straight up shooter, that however have nothing to do with the current release of CP, as I was never interested in it.

What would make me want to buy more CP, is if the missing features were added. And they really make the open world come to life, where I can play the RPG game that they made me hope for.

And personally for me, might not be a huge issues for others, but if CP is simply patched and they move on, then I will have very little to no confident and trust in any future projects from CDPR, purely because I don't see how they could earn it, by screwing me over and just pretend like they didn't.

Well the only times CDPR has broken silence have been:
1. To refute a rumour that the team was planning to "do a No Man's Sky"
2. To issue an apology video where they said they simply underestimated the hardware restraints of the last-gen consoles (the only consoles that were out when development started) and more importantly that they are proud of the current PC version of the game.
Not trying to start an unnecessary argument here but I also referring to Adam Badowski's reply to Jason's article and the official tweeter starting a screenshot event right now.

Definitely not.
Hello Games very quickly admit they screwed NMS completely and they gave their word to overhaul the whole game to deliver the game they promised - and they kept their word. Massive respect for that.
CDPR only admit the screwed console versions and that they will fix all the bugs and glitches, that's it. PC version seems to be amazing game in their opinion (9-10/10) so do not expect any major changes.

If they do so, they'll do it silently and add stuff/content via Patches or DLC that is marked as "extra features" and not "cut/missing content". At least that's my opinion. With the lawsuits happening, they are in damage-control-mode and acting accordingly.

Top Bottom