will cdpr do a NMS with cp77?

+
I think they need to do both. Keep their staff focused on official fixes and feature improvements, and release a devkit for the modders. Doing those two things will show their community they want to do anything and everything they can to make the game better. It also takes the pressure off of them to make the game all things to all people, as the mod community can fill in any gaps and provide fixes, features, and content that CDPR can't or won't devote resources to.

At this point CDPR needs to attack this problem from every angle they can. I think the 1.1 patch shows us that they just can't move fast enough by themselves to satisfy the community. It's not really their fault, time and resource limitations exist and humans can only troubleshoot and fix so fast. Allowing modders to jump on it essentially adds hundreds of devs to the effort, even if their work is not "officially supported".

It's tricky, really. 'Cause then they'd have to also account for those in a way. Or you'd have situations where a fix would break your game if you have X or Y mod installed. Granted, modders also update their stuff as the game get patched, but overall there'd be more moving parts with the potential to break the game. On the other hand, though, if their patches continue to lay the groundwork - stability and performance - enabling, if not outright supporting, the modding effort could help.

Last issue with modding the game at this stage is, as I see it, the fact that a truckload of systems and mechanics are still stuck in the production pipeline. Fine tuning placeholder mechanics and systems is a wasted effort. And, sadly, most of the systems currently in the game feel like that - placeholders. NCPD hustles, crafting, street cred, perk trees, gear, the stash, the cars, the housing, the shops... They're all minimalist, generic, bland, broken or just... not there. Cars may drive better, we might get our hair's shadow back or, as it seems it's needed now, our shadow back, we might get X or Y perk work as described - but all these are pretty much small improvements for a game that is still in a very early stage of development.

They've spent 8 years on CP2077 with around 314 million for CP2077. They also have another IP (The Witcher series and spin-offs) making money and a storefront making 30% of every sale that isn't their own games
You can get the GOTY-Witcher for 15,- € and the Netflix-Hype is over. It's a good game, but after 5-6 years the sales declines.
If W3 and GoG generate so much profit then I really don't why they started the preorders that early and throw the game on the market in this state. Even if you don't believe in cut content and that the game is technical below average (AI, physics f.e) the point stands that it runs like an old horse on last gen, altough it was sold for this platforms.

2021 is a lost year for CP2077 anyway. Not one story dlc, like it was said, instead bugfixing and screwing on the engine. And while other companies get their standing ovations for next gen-graphics, this upgrade is delayed for a half year, too and after one year on the market nobody cares anyway.

So why the did it? It's not rational. They lost reputation big time, they damaged their image, its done when its done we leave greed to others. For what?
And pls not the investor or customers build pressure explanation...
It's just a rhetorical question.

People call it an NMS when its actually called a Witcher 3.
That game was buggy as all get out when it dropped but now its one of the most Renown Fantasy RPGs out there.
Do i think itll happen? Yes, with all honesty CDPR will make this exactly what we wanted and more.

That game was buggy as all get out when it dropped but now its one of the most Renown Fantasy RPGs out there.
Do i think itll happen? Yes, with all honesty CDPR will make this exactly what we wanted and more.

TW3 only had Iorveth and Saskia as the great absentees. Granted, the horse races were lame-ish (with the opponents acting as if they were attached with rubber strings to you), but that's pretty much it. Also granted, the choices you made in the first 2 episodes meant next to nothing, but overall, TW3 was a complete game, with properly implemented systems and mechanics and a difficulty scale (even if the last one was a bit lackluster).

CP2077 has a trimmed down main story arc (and when I say trimmed down I mean it as opposed to what it was probably intended, not compared to TW3's main story's length), a handful of well crafted side quests (Panam's stands out and I hear Kerry's quite fun too) and even fewer gigs - seeing how gigs and fixers aren't tied to any of your character's reputations, I'm inclined to call them a placeholder for actual content too or, at best, even less important tasks that should definitely pop up randomly as you explore the city, not all at once.

CP2077 has broken, missing or just horribly frustrating mechanics and systems. From the minimap to the NCPD behavior, from scripted chase scenes that don't need your input to annoying crafting system and economy. Its comeback isn't tied to fixing bugs. It's dependent on actually putting the promised content in the game and fixing the mess that made it in various stages of completion. And no, those can't count as "free dlcs" as they were advertised as being in the game by their own NC Wire episodes.

So, yeah... A NMS style comeback is what it'll be if they can be arsed to keep their promises. Otherwise, it will be a TW3 outcome, but the problem here would be that... Well, TW3 had a smaller world, but better everything else. So if all they'll do will be to fix the bugs and then self-high-five for a job well done, I'm pretty sure they won't win back the trust and admiration they had prior to this shitshow going live.

With respect, I think It's delusional to even compare W3 release state with Cyberpunk. Yes Witcher 3 was buggued but not unplayable for the most part of the market. Beside even if t was. W3 didn't have this many broken promises. Even if it did broke a lot. Cyberpunk is worse than W3 upon release on so many level it's not even debatable.

Here what happened to me (ON PC!!) on one session yesterday (on 1.1):
Today I went to a party with no sound in a major side quest near the end of the game. And 15 minutes before I wrote this my game crashed ! So let's not pretend that W3 was this bugged. It's fooling ourselves.

With respect, I think It's delusional to even compare W3 release state with Cyberpunk. Yes Witcher 3 was buggued but not unplayable for the most part of the market. Beside even if t was. W3 didn't have this many broken promises. Even if it did broke a lot. Cyberpunk is worse than W3 upon release on so many level it's not even debatable.

Here what happened to me (ON PC!!) on one session yesterday (on 1.1):
Today I went to a party with no sound in a major side quest near the end of the game. And 15 minutes before I wrote this my game crashed ! So let's not pretend that W3 was this bugged. It's fooling ourselves.

W3s first day Gameplay didnt happen for me.
Kept falling through the map, sword passed through enemies with no hits, among many many others. I waited 2 years to give it another chance.

I also dont get nearly as many problems everyone else does with CP2077.
Biggest problem I have on a Ps4 slim is I cant drive full speed in anything or my world goes potato mode and i have to wait a few seconds for it to load in. Other than that though not having any of the Bugs or Glitches most of the community has.

I get it, the whole "Not what i was promised" thing. People have to be patient if its too much for them to handle. Itll get better in time, plenty of other things to play.
But I'm just lucky i guess because i dont have the problems most people do with this game. I walk alot (Night City is gorgeous) and I fast travel most places so the car issue isn't an issue.
Post automatically merged:

TW3 only had Iorveth and Saskia as the great absentees. Granted, the horse races were lame-ish (with the opponents acting as if they were attached with rubber strings to you), but that's pretty much it. Also granted, the choices you made in the first 2 episodes meant next to nothing, but overall, TW3 was a complete game, with properly implemented systems and mechanics and a difficulty scale (even if the last one was a bit lackluster).

CP2077 has a trimmed down main story arc (and when I say trimmed down I mean it as opposed to what it was probably intended, not compared to TW3's main story's length), a handful of well crafted side quests (Panam's stands out and I hear Kerry's quite fun too) and even fewer gigs - seeing how gigs and fixers aren't tied to any of your character's reputations, I'm inclined to call them a placeholder for actual content too or, at best, even less important tasks that should definitely pop up randomly as you explore the city, not all at once.

CP2077 has broken, missing or just horribly frustrating mechanics and systems. From the minimap to the NCPD behavior, from scripted chase scenes that don't need your input to annoying crafting system and economy. Its comeback isn't tied to fixing bugs. It's dependent on actually putting the promised content in the game and fixing the mess that made it in various stages of completion. And no, those can't count as "free dlcs" as they were advertised as being in the game by their own NC Wire episodes.

So, yeah... A NMS style comeback is what it'll be if they can be arsed to keep their promises. Otherwise, it will be a TW3 outcome, but the problem here would be that... Well, TW3 had a smaller world, but better everything else. So if all they'll do will be to fix the bugs and then self-high-five for a job well done, I'm pretty sure they won't win back the trust and admiration they had prior to this shitshow going live.

I guess short and sweet was too much to ask from this guy.

They promised a lot, they delivered a tiny fraction of it and even that in a broken state. It's nowhere near TW3 level of... anything, completion, polish, depth. Can't fix that with just ironing out bugs.

Better now?

Guessing you watched ever NCW, trailer, and deep dive and really thought it was true huh?

Most people make that mistake.

Guessing you watched ever NCW, trailer, and deep dive and really thought it was true huh?

Most people make that mistake.

Pretty much yeah... If it was any other company I would've appreciated the marketing stunt and the quality of the graphics in the teasers. Sadly, it wasn't. "Coming out: when it's ready". "We leave greed to others". Yada-yada.

The way the game is now, reminds me of how Mount and Blade was during their public alpha stages... There were some quests, some weapons, some mechanics. A world. And everyone and their mums were busy providing feedback on every single issue. Game was, at that time, purchasable for 4$.... not 60 or however much the CE was priced at in various countries.

Oh well... lesson learned. ^.^

You can get the GOTY-Witcher for 15,- € and the Netflix-Hype is over. It's a good game, but after 5-6 years the sales declines.
If W3 and GoG generate so much profit then I really don't why they started the preorders that early and throw the game on the market in this state. Even if you don't believe in cut content and that the game is technical below average (AI, physics f.e) the point stands that it runs like an old horse on last gen, altough it was sold for this platforms.

You're missing the point. It's a steady stream of money. Considering the market's growth this year, what with most of the world being cooped up inside, it stands to reason GoG has benefitted from it too.

You seem to equate people saying the game is a commercial success to people saying the game has no issues. As I previously said, no one is saying that. The game has it's issues, no doubt, yet it does not negate it being a commercial success. The state of the game is irrelevant to how big of a commercial success it is, that part is only about numbers and as of today, those numbers are very good.

Will they still be once CDPR releases their report? No one knows yet.

2021 is a lost year for CP2077 anyway. Not one story dlc, like it was said, instead bugfixing and screwing on the engine. And while other companies get their standing ovations for next gen-graphics, this upgrade is delayed for a half year, too and after one year on the market nobody cares anyway.

You're assuming a lot of things. First, no one know what those DLCs will contain. Some of them could very well expand on the multiple story arcs or add new ones. No one knows yet. A lost year? We're not even done with the first month and you're calling it a lost year? That's awfully premature. A lot can be achieved in a year.

No one cares after one year on the market? Really? In a thread about the game possibly making a No Man's Sky style comeback. NMS was released in August 2016 and really started to turn things around starting in March 2017. It made big news at the time and then made even bigger news as Hello Games kept on improving the game. The game had quite a revival by 2018 and kept on going well into 2019.

Final Fantasy 14 released in 2010. Was a huge flop. Came back in 2012 and has been a huge success since then. That's 2 years.

The few major comebacks we've had prove you are wrong. If CDPR does turn things around, a year won't have mattered. People will come back and enjoy the game it has become and buy the expansions. That's IF CDPR turns things around. That part is still unknown.

The fact that you're still here a few weeks after getting your refund tells me you would too.

So why the did it? It's not rational. They lost reputation big time, they damaged their image, its done when its done we leave greed to others. For what?
And pls not the investor or customers build pressure explanation...
It's just a rhetorical question.

Since you don't want an answer, alright.:shrug:

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077 does not face the fate of No Man's Sky, it is destined for Mass Effect: Andromeda
Resign yourself already... games are just business
потрясающий.jpg

No. The game did everything it could do. It's over. You can either get your money's worth experimenting with builds in new games, or move on. Every update has negatively affected my experience, and seemingly everyone else's, so it's not looking good even with expectations set to bare minimum.

CD projekt Red has released modding software for this game. Their reputation is still riding on patches and free DLC though. The fanbase essentially demands cut content. What a terrible and glorious time it is.

Modding community is huge and talented but nothing can fix the fact the game is just a scratch of what it could have been.
I decided to move on by the end of the month (I was waiting for the first "big patch") and come back in two years.
You can't fix a game in less time, modding included.

NMS is asking FAR too much IMO once they fix the foundation I feel the most we can expect is updated, added on to functions and features. There is NO way I foresee a NMS kind of near total re-write happening it is cost prohibitive. A lot of work in NMS is done via algorithms and RNG. That is a lot easier to re-do, add to then a static open world game where many things are interlinked. In the Feb update I see a overhaul of the police AI.. MAYBE the locals AI and enemy AI get fleshed out more too. I also see via DLC character custimizations and car paint modding being done, as well as more hand crafted missions and clothing options being added. But that is about it. Anything more extensive we will have to hope for in expansions.

HAH nope, its clear already what their mindset is gonna be after this game and any other future titles , ladies and gents what we are witnesing now is the birth of a new EA clone abomination whos gonna ride on coatails of their one succesfull game

If you still think this is about bugs, you have not been paying attention.

It's about features and content.

You're assuming a lot of things. First, no one know what those DLCs will contain. Some of them could very well expand on the multiple story arcs or add new ones. No one knows yet. A lost year? We're not even done with the first month and you're calling it a lost year? That's awfully premature. A lot can be achieved in a year.
I'm assuming nothing. The roadmap wasn't that complicated and full of content that I can't remember it a few days later.
They planned one paid Story-DLC (what isn't a free DLC) and next gen upgrade early 2021 (not fall). Up and away.
=> they're losing time (and money) because they have to fix the game, what was released to early. And I don't know how the "fixes" will end up.

Final Fantasy 14 released in 2010. Was a huge flop. Came back in 2012 and has been a huge success since then. That's 2 years.
That they lost.
And 2021 is one year. Thanks for proving my point.
The fact that you're still here a few weeks after getting your refund tells me you would too.
I thought that, too. Vs ending(s) were nice cliffhangers. But looking a news-video on YT with ingamecontent of CP2077 ten minutes ago --- No. Don't miss anything of it, especially not the shooter-vibe.
It was their decision as "The industry leader in creating RPGs" to make a looter-shooter action adventure and not a "fullfleshed RPG with branching storylines!!11!" disappointing millions of their fans.
Sometimes you win customers, others you will lose. The game can be a nice filmset for a multiplayer, maybe that is the main target.

Last edited:
I'm assuming nothing. The roadmap wasn't that complicated and full of content that I can't remember it a few days later.
They planned one paid Story-DLC (what isn't a free DLC) and next gen upgrade early 2021 (not fall). Up and away.
=> they're losing time (and money) because they have to fix the game, what was released to early. And I don't know how the "fixes" will end up.

Yes, you're assuming, because none of us knows what the free DLCs will turn out to be and how many of them there will be. Heck, their plans for these DLCs might massively change, they've already indicated they're re-thinking their future plans.

That they lost.
And 2021 is one year. Thanks for proving my point.

What?

First, 2021 isn't a year gone by until December 10th 2021. That's a long time as far as software development goes. For all we know the game could very well be fixed and massively improved by summer. It could also be completely abandoned and just another footnote in videogame history. Time will tell.

Secondly, I wasn't arguing about the math of it at all. Your argument was that no one cares after a year on the market. Final Fantasy 14 (or NMS) proves that you are factually wrong. People still cared two years after the fact and if there is one crowd that usually move on very fast from a flop, it's the multiplayer crowd but FF14 proved it's not because they stop caring about the game, it's because previous games never improved enough. Square Enix spent 2 years making the game into a game that became the second most successful monthly subscription MMO on the planet.

You seem to consider this as wasted time but it's not. Quite the opposite. Had they abandoned the game and moved on, all the years spent on the original release development would've been wasted. Spending that extra two years developing the game was an investment, one that paid off tremendously.

In CDPR's case, investing in the game's future would ensure two things. The game's expansions sales and even more importantly, the future of the only IP they have besides The Witcher.

I thought that, too. Vs ending(s) were nice cliffhangers. But looking a news-video on YT with ingamecontent of CP2077 ten minutes ago --- No. Don't miss anything of it

Then why even waste your time here? You got your money back, you lost nothing in all of this. It's been what? Almost 3 weeks already. Yet here you are. At this point you've spent almost as much time here after getting your refund than you've spent here while owning the game. Talk about wasted time if you actually had no intention of ever coming back.

There is no doubt in my mind that should CDPR turn things around and improve the game significantly you would buy it back in a heartbeat. It's obvious you still care about how the game turns out. You're probably hoping it becomes the game it could've been, just like the rest of us.

Frankly, at this point there is no point in continuing this discussion further. We obviously won't see eye-to-eye on any of this and we're mostly off-topic. Let's not get this thread locked.

I'm gonna agree to disagree at this point.

Don't admit defeat. And we will receive the changes we seek with patience and determination.

Did Iorveth make his way back into TW3 (even if that character even had mission arcs planned for it)? Compared to that, adding the features promised here is a monumental undertaking (like making lifepaths relevant).
Not to mention the endings which, while much better than ME3's, tend to be same socks, different colours...
(Don't Fear) and Rogue's endings are identical. Johnny does the same stuff regardless of which path you pick, even if it would make some sense to actually stick around the only person he still knows, if she ain't gone too. Aldecaldos have had a humongous family dispute over the Biotechnica deal that, again, no matter the path you chose is still the same - they run away. A.s.o.a.s.f.
Pretty sure that wasn't their plan initially. But because they had to cut the dev time by (probably) a couple of years... well...

I can't remember any major game that underwent a main story overhaul. And CP2077 would definitely need one. To make the lifepaths relevant. make your choices relevant. To make your friends story arcs relevant. To have endings that don't pull the same sentimental knee-jerk reaction. Possible to do it. Highly unlikely - both for cost and pride reasons.

Halo Games had everything to lose. CDPR has next to nothing going forward, if they do fix the game in the current shape and form, without keeping any of their promises regarding features and stuff.

Top Bottom