will cdpr do a NMS with cp77?

+
i just watched this and it was very informative. i hope they listen and do mean all of them because if they somehow just patch up the game and call it a day (like how EA does it) then cp77 is the LAST GAME i will EVER buy from them. i was amazed how NMS had one of the greatest redemption arcs in video game history. i only wished the same thing happened for ME3's ending as well as other companies taking notes of this.

I recall Bioware responded really well about the ending, the extended cut made it much clearer and I enjoyed it although not perfect.

I recall Bioware responded really well about the ending, the extended cut made it much clearer and I enjoyed it although not perfect.

Yeah, they gave the 3 coloured socks ending - the culmination of an almost decade long odyssey - a pretty ribbon. Subpar to even the ending of some of the other narrative threads inside ME3. The way I saw it back then was that the entire last section of the game was rushed, botched, you name it. Gather an entire galaxy to fight alone the last leg of the push and crawl through the most incoherent drivel of the entire franchise. ME:A meant nothing afterwards, for me, as they, Bioware, failed to own up to their mistake.

As the clip linked by crawfordman shows at some point, Hallo Games didn't issue random apologies while, at the same time, hiding behind the scope and scale of the game. Granted, they also couldn't have used the 9/10's and 10/10's scores as a shield, as they had none. But what followed did make the lack of a "Our commitment to quality" message even better.

CDPR seems to still try to beat the dead horse that was its marketing campaign tactics. And if its leadership committed to that, well, there's not gonna be any NMS redemption for CP2077. Final Fantasy devs also went through a sh!tstorm of a launch once and they too did their best to redeem themselves. Not by bragging about how awesome their vision was, how many people loved the concept, but by actually pushing both to fruition.

The inability of the human race to learn from its past mistakes, to take notes of the screwups in the history is thoroughly proven by now.

But hey! It ain't all lost! 1.1 isn't indicative of what goes on at CDPR, or of the thoughts and feelings of the dev team. If we were willing to wait for this game to be released "When it's ready", I'd say we owe it to CDPR to show that patience now too. Until they will either deliver what they promised or just fix the most glaring bugs and call this empty shell "ready".

CDPR seems to still try to beat the dead horse that was its marketing campaign tactics. And if its leadership committed to that, well, there's not gonna be any NMS redemption for CP2077. Final Fantasy devs also went through a sh!tstorm of a launch once and they too did their best to redeem themselves. Not by bragging about how awesome their vision was, how many people loved the concept, but by actually pushing both to fruition.

The inability of the human race to learn from its past mistakes, to take notes of the screwups in the history is thoroughly proven by now.

But hey! It ain't all lost! 1.1 isn't indicative of what goes on at CDPR, or of the thoughts and feelings of the dev team. If we were willing to wait for this game to be released "When it's ready", I'd say we owe it to CDPR to show that patience now too. Until they will either deliver what they promised or just fix the most glaring bugs and call this empty shell "ready".
I fully support!

I read almost ( I said alomst :sneaky: ) all posts there but it seems missed a thing about : the costumers's trust...

Personally I think CDPR should focus on the bugs and cancel any future projects concerning CP2077 (Multi, DLC, etc ...) ... It is as if a bottle (CP2077) has leaks (players) everywhere and that 'we try to fill in (DLC, etc ...) without clogging ... Okay that will enrage the few remaining players but in this case, CDPR will make a clean sweep and focus on the future by making other games (assuming that they have learned their lessons ...).
I don't think that CP2077 will know the success of its big brother TW3 because it is clear that the trust between CDPR and the customers is broken (I speak for myself)

Let's say that CDPR adds reboot optics to the netrunner arsenal, and for x amount of seconds, the screen with be black, some people will love it, some will check their monitor to see if there is no glitch, and some will get mad, the same thing will happen with weapon glitch. I love to see every possible demon activate against the player, but if we consider the fun factor for man players, it will never happen.
In Witcher 3 they did exactly that with water hag's that can throw mud to obstruct player vision and I haven't heard about players being mad about it. CDPR could easily just make it so that the screen goes glitchy (like when V is waiting) to make sure that players will not get confused with screen going black. The only thing that CDPR would need to implement alongside is some option for the player to defend themselves against such attack, because pretty much everything else that would be needed for this to work is already in the game.

Even though I am incredibly doubtful about them pulling it off, I say they HAVE to for their own future. Why I don't think it will - management. They've already shown they're not interested in reputation. Rep and ego got shattered, so they proudly claim that PC version met their expectation, so they don't have to work it back. The bug fixing is by-the-book things they HAVE to do by the force of law, not by how the customer feels here. I believe the Devs wanted the best and would completely try pulling off a NMS, but management will most likely come in and say to stop working on it, they did the fixing and now they can relocate resources/manpower to something that brings money.

I like parts of the game, but I don't forget a move like this and as much as I am contempt, because of the passion inside (wanting to support the developers), I am not going to further let the company itself try sell me another product. Until the management apologizes about the apology that is :D because as much as the DEVELOPERS are working on fixing the game, the management is not working on fixing their statements, they're not healing the community, they are just relying on Devs again for magic.

No, CP2077 will be a more stable game in 2 years from now. With more stories and quests to discover and some cosmetic and AI improvements.

But it will not reinvent itself or offer anything groundbreakingly new.

CP2077 can imho be improved and expanded as a story driven action adventure RPG. It cannot be improved to become a truly immersive next-level open world experience. In that department it is lacking way too much and is more on the level of games from the 00s. There are crowdfunding RPGs out there which did a much better job in that regard. If there wasn't the will to bring it up to at least that level before launch and make the necessary investment, I don't see it happening now with a story already told and a high chance not too many people would even experience it. It is not like the game has much replayability value.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, them mentioning multiplayer ambition probably means that as we speak, most devs got pulled in to MP content pipeline.

Minimum skeleton crew has probably the task to try and fix up what they can. Before they are gonna join the MP crew aswell.

It could even end up as GTAV singleplayer DLCs - remember those? Scrapped, at best cannibalized/recycled in to GTAonline. And that isn't even standalone, unlike the CP2077MP.

People enjoy quallity singleplayer games, yet somehow game industry insists on people actually really caring about live service MP games.

Isn't that interesting?

I really hope I am wrong tho.

Real irony given the game themes xD maybe it's some deep deep meta commentary
Exactly, I even pointed it out in a video I did on the game. And that video itself is only about the good parts, the positive bits. Still wasn't able to hold from pointing out that irony :D

Top Bottom