Will CDPR ever respond to lack of RPG Mechanics and lack of choices?

+
The problem is that the natural answer is you start taking away dialogue options and the story choices that are more empathetic or caring for a really borged character. Such a mechanic would have likely been controversial. I would have liked it ... but I doubt everyone would have. It would also remove a lot of potential quest-line choices

i mean there are only 2 decisions in-game that block stuff (2 ripperdocs and romances) and you can find people raging about "decisions that the consequences were not explained".

And thats the problem for game devs, people don't really like choice&consequence because they want full information and if is not the case all choices should lead to equally "good" states and without blocking content.

"Scam" is reaching it, but they absolutely leaned too much into dudebro gamer mentality. Instead of usual, dry statements from your typical corporate manager, this reads more like a letter from a friend.
But a lot of what they're saying here is just pompous, self aggrandizing nonsense.
"Quality is the only thing that drives us. It's the beauty of being an independent studio" ...all of CDPR's rpg mechanics, AI systems, loot, crafting, open world side content, could not be further away from quality.
I think their management recognized the discontent players have toward other "AAA" studios, and they used it to promote themselves as some kind of rebel within the industry. And people placed them on too high of a pedestal in return.
Until, with Cyberpunk, it completely blew up in their face.

Top Bottom