Will CDPR ever respond to lack of RPG Mechanics and lack of choices?

+
ooo. questions!

i like questions.

Will people ever realize and follow the 4 truths of Buddha; coming to terms that all suffering comes from want/need ... and if they just follow the teachings of Buddha, they never have to want/need anything ever again?

:)

That's bad consumerism. You can't just put a blanket statement like that. As you can see, CD is being held accountable and they will release proper patches for the game because of people not liking the game.
Yes but babbling every five minute wont solve the problem, just putting pressure on devolpers, and when a person is pressed, there is a possility that the work wont come out well, let the devolpers work

That's bad consumerism. You can't just put a blanket statement like that. As you can see, CD is being held accountable and they will release proper patches for the game because of people not liking the game.
Sorry, but that's wrong.
If someone doesn't like the game because of bugs, fine, wait.
But some people just have to accept that the game isn't for them.
I, for example, love the newer Hitman games; my friend doesn't and that does not make either of us right or wrong.

I very much doubt if they'll ever own it, idk if they can admit the failures among the successes. My hope is they'll let their work speak for them and just pound through cut content. This game is pretty fun and the city and some of the characters are amazing, but it's not the ground-breaking instant classic they advertised because of all the holes that are, well, everywhere.

Really it's down to pride in their work and respect for their consumers. Leadership, humility, a willingness to admit mistakes and the wisdom to learn from them... these are what CDPR needs to get through this without losing market confidence altogether. If they fix the AI issues and roll out free(cut) content before they extend the endings I think most players will not only forgive them but shower them with love. Instead they seem to have brushed their hands and declared it perfect while trying to Jedi mind trick us with "demo feature" double speak about missing features that aren't new to the industry and were advertised for the game.

Why do we need a modding community to get a mini map that zooms out as we accelerate? If that's the way things are, why not open up more tools for them?
Your name suggests that you know the only way this game can be enjoyed.

THe game is 9/10 game journalism says that!

Like if game journalism has any credibility this days
Does the game run most of the time? 5/10
Is it primarily an Action, FPS, or RTS game? 6/10
Does the game avoid complex skill selection (i.e. can any 10-year-old figure it out)? 7/10
Can we kill lots of stuff? 8/10
Are there gory finishers? 9/10
Does the game have nice graphics? 10/10

Since CP2077 failed at "Does the game run most of the time?" on last gen consoles it's obviously only a 9/10.

The 48min Demo trailer as we have all seen talks about choices mattering and non-linear approach to missions and the devs talked about that as well in numerous interviews.
The game only has one mission that delivers on that front and its the one mission we see in that 48min trailer and the choices made there has near no bearing on the story of the game at all, there was no "ripple through the gaming world" at all. All CDPR has talked about are the bugs and performance issues. I feel bamboozled and I think CDPR should talk about this issue. The game is NOTHING like the 48min trailer all other missions are completely linear with no choices whatsoever. The only choice is which ending you want at the very end and thats obvious because the choices made there won't affect the gaming world because the game ends, total cope out. CDPR should issue a statement about this cause honestly I do feel tricked.

RPG mechanics are non existent as well, in any RPG the strive for better loot and upgrades is a must, that does not exist in this game whatsover. The combat is a poor shooter with enemies that provide no challenge at all, and stealth is too OP which negates any leveling up. The game should should have had turn based combat with deep RPG mechanics. This is just first person GTA.

I look at this post and I honestly have to wonder how much you've played of the game to come to these ridiculous conclusions and then boldly state them as fact.

The only "RPG mechanics" that matters is immersion and part of that is actual roleplaying choices. We get that with multiple alternative endings. Less so through the usual interaction, but it is still there both though conversation options and how to solve gigs. Would have liked to see more meaningful impactful choices given along the way.

But to claim the game is totally linear and loot and upgrades are nonexistent, makes me think the original poster either did not play the game or are trolling. If anything, there is too much loot in the game (and this distracts from true roleplaying as opposed to subjective opinion of what constitutes "RPG mechanics"). This is as much a looter shooter as it is an RPG, if not more. And I have never ever played a single-player game with as much upgrade options. Many of these options are admittedly bad options due to incredibly poor balancing (ie. mods that negate 5% fall damage vs armor mods, such a laughable trade-off that the option might as well not be there).

Man I wish I could be as happy as other gamers after forking out £60 on a video game.

Sadly what do I get for it? A broken game with barely enough content to get fully immersed into. The characters for the most part lack serious development and the best ones are offed within the first five minutes, sometimes I think that is a god send with the terrible writing.
All this game holds is the same boring gameplay, shoot enemies over and over or sneak and kill (which was more satisfying but often enough not worth it)

Unfortunately money is hard to come by, so for £60 I expected more. I opted not to get a refund as I got the collector's edition and didn't feel like trading in my statue as I do enjoy the merchandise. I'm considering selling it on Ebay but will more than likely still loose out. In reality I'm hoping for a response to the lack of RPG within the game, the whole RPG elements, dialogue choices and story branching is what sold me on this game. I'd love a complete overhaul but sadly as has been said already, there is too many casual gamers that are satisfied with minimal content despite having to pay full price for the game, really wish my standards where that low.

It just hurts when games with good dialogue choices and branching are so rare these days, that when we are told that a new game with these elements are coming out and then you receive the game and realize that if the elements are there it is barely noticeable, it's like a huge punch to the gut. This is where most of my disappointment lies and why I still find it difficult to move on.

Thankfully I opted to get a new Laptop recently and thus I have been loving the *#*#*# out of Baldur's Gate 3, over 200 hours now on that and it isn't even fully released yet. Larian Studios are now my favorite company and are sadly the only ones out there that make good RPG titles. I know having competition can be somewhat of a frustration at times but I do wish other companies would at least attempt to knock them off their pedestal. More games with RPG elements as in-depth and as immersive as that game would be incredible. The characters unlike with CP2077 are really in-depth, so in-depth that I am fond of them all (especially Astarion ha! :love:). It is the complete opposite of CP2077 for me. So if any other company out there are reading this, please make games like this one. Thank you!

Another reason why I dislike CP2077 is because I still feel like I have been tricked into buying a knock off GTA clone. I already dislike shooting titles so I was really hoping for strong RPG elements to smooth that problem over, sadly it never happened.

So my conclusion is, if CDPR don't improve on the RPG aspect (which I doubt unless there is enough complaints out there to warrant an overhaul), or if they don't at least come forward and tell us why it isn't there as a more noticeable feature then I'll say goodbye to the company.
It isn't like CDPR mean much to me anyway, having only played The Witcher 2. I just hope they don't continue to sell their game on fake marketing again. To be honest after this I probably won't listen to them anyway.

Now back to Baldur's Gate 3 and making sweet love to Astarion :love:

Last edited by a moderator:
But hey, CDPR is very proud of their awards! CP2077 is oficially best RPG & best Sony Playstation game according to Gamescom 2020 :D If you don't believe it, just visit Gamescom site xD
Post automatically merged:

CDPR initially marketed the game as the next generation/level in RPG gaming. They then changed the game's genre after its release to it being an action adventure.

The most insulting and terrifying thing in this is that developers promised it, not marketing department. Developers lied to us over the years. I can't remember a single case in gamedev history when declared genre was removed right before release. Wtf is that RPG gamescom award means then?!

Last edited:
More choice than TW3 in terms of actual GAMEPLAY.

Far less in terms of actual roleplaying, expecially when it comes to micro and macro reactivity.

With CP you get 4 different final quests to play based on your choices

Based on 1 choice after the point of no return.

It is as much as a choice as it is a choice to do quests in the order you want.

It's a choice that produces no consequences, since the game doesn't acknowledge how you treat your enemies (no pacifist role playing acknowledged, except for the cyberpshychoes) or if you are spotted or not when it comes to narrative.

The game also doesn't acknowledge doing quests in different orders, resulting in narrative inconsistencies

But some people just have to accept that the game isn't for them.
I, for example, love the newer Hitman games; my friend doesn't and that does not make either of us right or wrong.

Liking or not liking something isn't an analysis on the quality of the product. You can like bad stuff, doesn't make it good. Or you can also dislike something that is objectively good, like the new Hitman games.

Cyberpunk is objectively bad. Even just because it's unfinished. It doesn't meet modern standards on its role playing core gameplay elements, nor on the city sim gameplay that is expected from a AAA game (The state of the police, spawning behing you and not giving chase is absolutely pathetic and unexcusable). You can still find something you like it and praise the game for it, there's nothing wrong in it. But the faults of the design of this game are objective, recognizable and quantifiable.

Last edited:
But hey, CDPR is very proud of their awards! CP2077 is oficially best RPG & best Sony Playstation game according to Gamescom 2020 :D If you don't believe it, just visit Gamescom site xD

The most insulting and terrifying thing in this is that developers promised it, not marketing department. Developers lied to us over the years. I can't remember a single case in gamedev history when declared genre was removed right before release. Wtf is that RPG gamescom award means then?!

Wow, I forgot about that whole Gamescom awards thing. I still don't understand why games that are not even released yet get a chance to win awards. What a mess...

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Their reaponse so far is this game is a 9/10 on PC so... I don’t have a lot of hope
Yes but babbling every five minute wont solve the problem, just putting pressure on devolpers, and when a person is pressed, there is a possility that the work wont come out well, let the devolpers work
Yes... but not putting pressure is also telling the devs we are ok with the current situation

I think people complaining every five second is good reminder to them how bad they fcked up

Yes... but not putting pressure is also telling the devs we are ok with the current situation

Exactly. Most players don't have a tiny clue about reasons of empty Ivinsky's excuses. It's all about money, money, money and buisness reputation. This is how he/they live and make money to live. There's no responsibility for hundreds of words at all. Most concious of us must seek judgement in the form of work to fix and improve, refunds, trials etc. until promises will be kept. i'm not talking about hopes and personal expectations. Product must be what it claims and it is irrefutable. This is how consumer relations must look like

Last edited:
This is the problem, the majority are, how to say..., blinded by the graphicsof the city that they forget or ignore the content ...
I didn't played the PC-Version, but I had (XSX) almost the same kind of bugs like PC. My friend told me that he often had to start a mission new, because it was broken, that he had problems getting used to the driving and of course the (Police-)AI is on no platform brilliant. He had more crashes but better rain :rolleyes:.

Didn't the 9/10/10-Journalist recognized the problems? I saw YTer having almost tears in their eyes because CP2077 lived up the hype.
Hm.
And because they said it many went pre-order or bought the game on releaseday. Shame on them.

Ive been writng my review its taken me right now for days to write. in it i constantly talk about the lack of choice and limited ways to do missions. and dialog means nothing. we dont even have proper back story or understanding o Vs reasons for choices made. and to many open plots that never actualy get solved or let you choose anything different.
Finding good gear is impossible the system is either broken or just not finished witcher 3 had both better rpg and choices

This is the problem, the majority are, how to say..., blinded by the graphicsof the city that they forget or ignore the content ...
This is an example of the false world some who don't like the game are living in. Its not the graphics driving the enjoyment of the game, if that were the case the graphical glitches would be ruining it. The reality is, its actually a very good game -bugs. Most of the people upset wanted something different from the game. That doesn't make it a bad game. Some people think the game could be better. That doesn't make it a bad game either.

Expecting most people to hate something good, just because of antihype, simply isn't likely. You can get some % of people to hate pizza by talking to them about the business, or how its made, or what the pizza could have been. But most people will taste the pizza and simply decide if they like it or not.

Ive been writng my review its taken me right now for days to write. in it i constantly talk about the lack of choice and limited ways to do missions. and dialog means nothing. we dont even have proper back story or understanding o Vs reasons for choices made. and to many open plots that never actualy get solved or let you choose anything different.
Finding good gear is impossible the system is either broken or just not finished witcher 3 had both better rpg and choices

dialog means something, it does not always matter, but thats basically no big rpg ever. Missions are not extremely limited in their execution, in fact there is generally more variation in how to execute missions in this game as compared to many others.

Last edited:
Top Bottom