Will CDPR ever respond to lack of RPG Mechanics and lack of choices?

+
Nope i don't think so.They like to tell the story in their way.About choices,the highest point they can reach is Witcher 2.

Guest 4412420

And I could argue it's exactly the same in Cyberpunk, in ME2 you have to upgrade the ship and do companion sidemissions to get your desired ending, in Cyberpunk you have to do good in Johnny's eyes and do character side missions to get the desired outcome.
The problem is that there is no desired outcome in Cyberpunk, or at the very least not fully. V fails to achieve their goal no matter what you do and in the two endings that are considered the best V either sounds dead inside or it feels like they're just along for the ride while Panam is the one who's more invested into trying to find the cure, not V.

The 48min trailer as we have all seen talks about choices mattering and non-linear approach to missions and the devs talked about that as well in numerous interviews.
The game only has one mission that delivers on that front and its the one mission we see in that 48min trailer and the choices made there has near no bearing on the story of the game at all, there was no "ripple through the gaming world" at all. All CDPR has talked about are the bugs and performance issues. I feel bamboozled and I think CDPR should talk about this issue. The game is NOTHING like the 48min trailer all other missions are completely linear with no choices whatsoever. The only choice is which ending you want at the very end and thats obvious because the choices made there won't affect the gaming world because the game ends, total cope out. CDPR should issue a statement about this cause honestly I do feel tricked.

RPG mechanics are non existent as well, in any RPG the strive for better loot and upgrades is a must, that does not exist in this game whatsover. The combat is a poor shooter with enemies that provide no challenge at all, and stealth is too OP which negates any leveling up. The game should should have had turn based combat with deep RPG mechanics. This is just first person GTA.
[...]

It may not be the most in depth RPG upon release, granted, but it certainly has plenty of RPG elements to it. For example it has more perk and skill option than the likes of any of the Bethesda (super buggy, never properly fixed, lets leave it to modding community to fix our games for free) Fallout Games. There are plenty of missions where your choices make a difference.

Game balance has nothing to do with whether it is an RPG or not, that is an entirely different matter, and yes, I do agree the balance of the game needs to be addressed, urgently.

[...]
For me the game is great, but heavily flawed in some aspects, but I am old enough and mature enough to wait. Give CD Projekt Red the time and space to put things right and make the game they wanted to make and develop upon.

The problem is that there is no desired outcome in Cyberpunk, or at the very least not fully. V fails to achieve their goal no matter what you do and in the two endings that are considered the best V either sounds dead inside or it feels like they're just along for the ride while Panam is the one who's more invested into trying to find the cure, not V.

It's all about your interpretation, in my eyes V in the All Along The Watchtower ending is just getting over their trauma issues and finding a bit of peace before heading on to Arizona and continue fighting for their life. In the Arasaka ending (my V solved the rubik's cube and told Arasaka to up themselves with their estimates and went back to earth) it seems like depending on your choice V's ready to tackle their situation.

Now I'm working towards the other endings and see what's up.

Anyway, in my honest opinion V either manages to somewhat remedy their particular situation or totally gives up in a couple of different ways.

Can't wait for more.

There are a lot of optional quests, you can beat this game without really doing hardly any content at all.

I've been finding more and more quests with multiple endings. I will say that its not quite what was imagined or seemed.to be imagined in early marketing and trailers and demos where it seemed like the whole game was just made up out of these types of missions. And there are a number of quests where it seems like there are options, but there aren't really.

But there is choice and consequence in some.

Headcanon is not canon. When the game plain as day states "you're dying, no one can help you" then just because you feel "hopeful" doesn't make these statements somehow false.

Yeah like Anders Hellman saying V can't be helped and the chip cannot be removed without V dying. Nothing to do with headcanon, I just chose to interpret things that way based on various pieces of information.

That's the beauty of it so far, the different way people interpret things, I'm not saying you're wrong or right it is how it is and we don't really have the full picture yet.

You really can't trust anyone in Night City.

It would been nice to have more real choies that had big impacts like jackie lives or betraying dex or getting out plaza with out trgger alarms
This is really not doable. Some things have to be set in stone. Other things could be doable. You could make Dex's death by V's hand and not Takemura. If say you have high body at that point. Where it allows V to get up and rush Takemura. Knocking him down. And than shooting Dex. Than Takemura could knock you out. If you had Jackie live. He'd have to be written out of the main story. Relegated to secondary missions, or Misty's role.

Last edited:
This is really not doable. Some things have to be set in stone. Other things could be doable. You could make Dex's death by V's hand and not Takemura. If say you have high body at that point. Where it allows V to get up and rush Takemura. Knocking him down. And than shooting Dex. Than Takemura could knock you out. If you had Jackie live. He'd have to be written out of the main story. Relegated to secondary missions, or Misty's role.
First you say it's not really doable then you tell us how it could be done. I'm confused by your tactics sir.

First you say it's not really doable then you tell us how it could be done. I'm confused by your tactics sir.
You want jackie to survive. As in, be apart of the game and avoid the Johnny stuff all thogether. That's not doable. That's a complelty different game. The only compromise is to have him written out as a secondary character. And mostly not be used. This allows his dead role to be counted towards the main game.

Nah that was the other guy I was more trying to shine a light on the fact it not that hard to think of ways so many quests could have more than one outcome instead of giving you choices that feel like they might affect the outcome mostly just railroad into the exact same dialog and out-come anyway. Maybe Jackie doesn't die but is actually taken to a cell in Araska somewhere and we have a chance of saving him, in the end, Bam sees very little change to existing gameplay but the choice feels 1000x more impactful. Lets us help Evelyn by sending her to her aunts' house in Hawaii or something pleasant. Sure it's more work but with the right tool a modder could implement either of those two quest adjustments in a day but CDPR could have done it faster and with the voice actors.

Last edited:
You want jackie to survive. As in, be apart of the game and avoid the Johnny stuff all thogether. That's not doable. That's a complelty different game. The only compromise is to have him written out as a secondary character. And mostly not be used. This allows his dead role to be counted towards the main game.

You could in theory have a choice to let Jackie have the chip as soon as you escape the penthouse or have V take the chip from the very beginning. And maybe if you stealth your way out he could have a chance to be alive but be abducted by Arasaka or something and have that as a quest in the game. That way you keep Jackie alive and have him out of the picture.

But again in theory that already partly happens with Mikoshi.

Edit:

@
Keldrif

Lol we were writing the same thing at the same time haha. Cheers bud!

The Witcher 3 was not mainstream. They went full mainstream with Cyberpunk - looter shooter, linear, first-person and guess what? It works!

The game is selling amazingly well. Better than Witcher. Bestseller everywhere.

The next one will be the same. Money talks.

Thats why the stocks are tanking and there multiple class action law suits and the government in invesgating them but ill aoid that drama further.

Reason Witcher 3 didnt sell fast or hgh was they where an unknown dev company.
Game wise Witcher 3 Story and System surpass Cp2077
Branching story Choice and Consequence's Day night cycle npcs and vendors. Robust Rpg system
Cp77 has none of that it falls short of any game made in 2019 or 2020.
it feel like they rush this game out after mupitle reboots V has no real back story Jackie under used and no reason to care if he dies Same with Tbug Evelyn Dex. The characters never truly shine

Thats why the stocks are tanking and there multiple class action law suits and the government in invesgating them but ill aoid that drama further.
Stock has been stable for quite awhile. I haven't heard anything about multiple class action suits, and that government institution is investigating doesn't mean they are found guilty of anything.

They sold very well, game has very high completion percentage based on achievement stats on all platforms and remaining technical issues are being patched and their refund policy is very solid. People can complain, feel whatever their want, even sue them, but I don't see these are going to head anywhere, but perhaps ambulance chaser firms getting paid, they make sure they always get paid.

If they don't it's just going to pound more Nails into their coffin. The sooner they realize this the more likely they are to repair their reputation. But it's simply not going to be possible if they don't make good on their promises. And making excuses for them is only going to enable their behavior are you on the side of the consumer or the corporation?

Ill give exp.

Say you can betray Dex. You head into the heist go throw mostly the same. Say maybe Saburo Doesnt die and manage to escape the hotel without a fight. Once your near the cape you have chance to grab the case and steal a car and leave going to Evelyn. Jackie informs Dex of your betrayal Dex hunts you down killing Evelyn (her death would cause you to be lock out of judy quest and romance) Dex would also semi kill you. Once you wake in land fill you would make your way to vics and then go on revenge streak killing dex and tbug.
or in the plaza saburo still dies but instead tbug unlocking to side door its v that open the door to hpad and they manage to escape down the latter and manage to elude guards and escape in fire fight dex kills you and jackie

there are many ways it could be done or written its all on what impact you want to paly off of.
Post automatically merged:

Stock has been stable for quite awhile. I haven't heard anything about multiple class action suits, and that government institution is investigating doesn't mean they are found guilty of anything.

They sold very well, game has very high completion percentage based on achievement stats on all platforms and remaining technical issues are being patched and their refund policy is very solid. People can complain, feel whatever their want, even sue them, but I don't see these are going to head anywhere, but perhaps ambulance chaser firms getting paid, they make sure they always get paid.

yes the game sold well but there still many getting refunds people are upset and feel betrayed and let down. they failed to live to half what they said in interveiws. the game play demo is whole other can worms. as far lawsuits there are couple i heard of in cali. the polish investigation is whether or not they mislead and hide info on game if found guilty they get fine of 10
% of the last year income.
all i can hope is that add in alot what was promised and add more story lines and quest ui improvements and fix the broken ai they have alot to do to get the fans trust back
i do watch how the game is preforming on different platforms its in decline on steam and consoles but maybe it will rally

Last edited:
yes the game sold well but there still many getting refunds people are upset and feel betrayed and let down. they failed to live to half what they said in interveiws. the game play demo is whole other can worms. as far lawsuits there are couple i heard of in cali. the polish investigation is whether or not they mislead and hide info on game if found guilty they get fine of 10
% of the last year income.
all i can hope is that add in alot what was promised and add more story lines and quest ui improvements and fix the broken ai they have alot to do to get the fans trust back
i do watch how the game is preforming on different platforms its in decline on steam and consoles but maybe it will rally
It's a single player game. People play it and move on like with any other single player game. I think it will sell a lot on PS though once they get it back in store.

And you can keep saying those things, but I'm not so sure if you know how those systems work.

It's a single player game. People play it and move on like with any other single player game. I think it will sell a lot on PS though once they get it back in store.

And you can keep saying those things, but I'm not so sure if you know how those systems work.

LoL guess i didnt get tht memo im still playing nearing 300hrs

Top Bottom