Will Ciri be in game ? =)

+
Will Ciri be in game ? =)

İf asked before im sorry

I wonder if we see Ciri or play or at least any easter eggs about her. If they could do, that would be awesome.

Don't expect anything concrete and more than a vague easter egg like a green flash down the corner. AT BEST if CDPR ever think that such easter eggs are suitable addition to the world of CP2077, a different universe.

I hope not. I feel it'd be hamfisted to the max to interconnect the worlds of these very different games and overplay the joke from the already used probable easteregg from Witcher 3.

What I wouldn't mind would be an old painting of Ciri (or someone with a certain resemblance) in someones office or finding old copies of The Witcher books, but that's about as far as the references need to go.

Small easter egg sure, this is CDPR they love easter eggs. However.. putting her in as an npc or even have a quest with her i think that's too much. It was a cool nod, people caught the reference and that's it. If they include something with Ciri i hope they don't go overboard.

What they said.
Ciri's reference to Cyberpunk in W3 was one line during a conversation. I don't expect anything more then that. Maybe some NPCs at a bar talking about a weird girl they once met.

I wouldn't mind a subtlest of an easter egg but nothing more, would be perfectly fine if there won't be one. I never liked the concept of time & space travel in Witcher universe anyway.

Plus I hate magic.

I would love a nod to her. Like NPCs talking about her in a coffee shop or bar. It'd be very cool if Ciri was in Cyberpunk 2077 as part of a side quest (but that's just me)

I'm fond of Ciri, I wouldn't mind a reference or a very small quest as helping a mysterious "ashen-haired" girl that we only hear of. But more than that can't be good, imo. The games are too different.

Hmm... No quests with Ciri, that would be too much. NPCs talking about her, or a quick visual before she disappears into the portal or something like that. A poster on the wall saying "Have you seen this girl?". Something... small :) Something that just proves she visited there, but nothing more.

A subtle reference only. I don't want to actually see her in the game. The Witcher Verse is set up to be fourth wall breaking, but I don't see anything in Cyberpunk to suggest a similar approach. I felt they overdid it in Blood and Wine.

In my opinon Ciri would fit perfectly in the game. Why? Because she is capable to travel between worlds. She mentions in The Witcher 3 that she already visited a technologically advanced world.

Vik;n7396190 said:
In my opinon Ciri would fit perfectly in the game. Why? Because she is capable to travel between worlds. She mentions in The Witcher 3 that she already visited a technologically advanced world.
The problem is that means "magic" MUST exist on both worlds else she may not have been able to get to Cyberpunk (it could be a one-way trip) and definitely couldn't get back out. So if magic exists one would assume in the several thousand years of human history prior to CP2077 someone would have noticed.

So no, a once off unexplainable minor reference sure, any more then that opens a HUGE MESSY can of worms.

Ciri in cp2077 started as a tease from CDPR, but the community took it seriously and I think because of the fan hype and pressure on CDPR, they'll put her in the game

Unlikly ... she belongs to the W3 franchise .. they can't actually use characters from it in a different franchise without running into legal issues.

Suhiira;n7410730 said:
Unlikly ... she belongs to the W3 franchise .. they can't actually use characters from it in a different franchise without running into legal issues.

:) Nope, there won't be any legal issues. You are also wrong about magic as it appeared in witcher world after conjunction of spheres.

Oh? So you're telling me that owning the rights to use a character in a game franchise gives you the rights to use that character whenever and wherever you wish? Gee ... so many lawyers and judges all over the world will be surprised to hear that. So will Mr. Sapkowski and every other writer in existence when they hear they sold the rights to their creations lock, stock, and barrel.

As to the conjunction ... you assume the world of CP2077 and that of W3 are the exact same world??? Where did the magic go then? Everyone just forgot what happened about 400 years ago? No, Ciri made it clear in her comment it was another world entirely, an alternate time and place, thus quite probably not subject to the conjunction.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n7413730 said:
So will Mr. Sapkowski and every other writer in existence when they hear they sold the rights to their creations lock, stock, and barrel.

In terms of videogames, yes, this is what happened. I'd dig up the article or just ask a Red, but I don't care enough. Suffice to say, Sapkowski wasn't asked for approval on what happens to his creation in the videogame medium, nor does he approve the changes they've made. If CDPR wants to put Ciri in 2077, they can.

Ciri did visit the Cpunk world. Technically this means magic exists in Cpunk. Oh, well. Let's hope that's the last reference.

Suhiira;n7413730 said:
Oh? So you're telling me that owning the rights to use a character in a game franchise gives you the rights to use that character whenever and wherever you wish? Gee ... so many lawyers and judges all over the world will be surprised to hear that. So will Mr. Sapkowski and every other writer in existence when they hear they sold the rights to their creations lock, stock, and barrel.

:) Generally if you own something, you can do whatever the hell you want with it. The right to do whatever the hell you want with an item you own its essential ingredient of ownership.. If something is yours, you decide what to do with it. You seem to confuse owning something with licensing. If you go to an author like Sapkowski and make an offer for Witcher rights (in video games) and he sells you them, he loses all control as he no longer owns it. Cdpr can do anything they want with said franchise and all its characters as long as its video games. They do not own rights to make a movie (somebody else acquired it - Sapkowski has no say in that either) so obviously the cannot make a movie but that because the do not own those rights. Its pretty simple. So yea if Cdpr decides to bring Ciri to Cyberpunk, they absolutely can (they own both franchises). The notion that you cannot cross-over characters because their origin lies in different franchises is absolutely ridiculous. Look at Hollywood, and how many different cross-overs we are seeing now. Things like King kong versus Godzila.. Sure, deals can be very different, they can have limitations (depending on payment methods that can obligate you to do something about the franchise in certain period of time or the right will revert back for example) but generally if its plain and simple - buying rights to a franchise in certain medium for a flat fee - its pretty straightforward. The way the Cdpr operates is that they want to own the rights, they are not interested in licensing (they've said that many times), they want total creative control. They own both Witcher and Cyberpunk in video game universe and they can do whatever they want with within this realm. I am not saying that they should include Ciri in Cyberpunk but they certainly can.
As to the conjunction ... you assume the world of CP2077 and that of W3 are the exact same world??? Where did the magic go then? Everyone just forgot what happened about 400 years ago? No, Ciri made it clear in her comment it was another world entirely, an alternate time and place, thus quite probably not subject to the conjunction.
I never said its the same world. You are saying that Ciri appearance is impossible as her appearance would have to mean that there is magic in Cyberpunk world. What I am saying is that, magic was not always present in Witcher world. It appeared after the worlds clashed in an event known as Conjunction of Spheres. Basically, monsters, magic arrived from another world. From perspective of Witcher lore, it is possible to open a portal to another world, a world that may not have magic in it. In theory one of this worlds could be Cyberpunk. Cir arriving in a world without magic, would not mean that world would suddenly become infested with monsters, wizards and other crap.Her effect on this world could be meaningless. The doors for such crossover are certainly opened. Personally, i wouldn't mind a easter egg, but she should not appear in flesh, so to speak.

Last edited:
Top Bottom