Will Ciri be in game ? =)

+
The only Cyberpunk game on the market (that I know of) where it could possibly make sence that the actual character Ciri would show up in... is Shadowrun... seeing as that game has actual magic in it.

CDPR is usually rather on the nose with their easter eggs, some of them can really take you out of the "zone". so it wouldn't be uncharacteristic of them to have her referenced in the game. but I don't see them going much further than that.

lord_blex;n8855860 said:
CDPR is usually rather on the nose with their easter eggs, some of them can really take you out of the "zone". so it wouldn't be uncharacteristic of them to have her referenced in the game. but I don't see them going much further than that.
About what I expect as well, a reference period.

If it does happen, I'm assuming it will be a "breaking the 4th wall" sort of easter egg. Kind of like finding Max in Jedi Knight.

JediKnightMax.jpg

You'll laugh when you see it (and as he follows you around blasting stormtroopers :p), but it's meant to break the immersion. If we're talking merging the worlds together like some sort of DC / Marvel universe...I doubt it. (I seriously hope not.)

reidyboy102998;n8839900 said:
walkingdarkly It's possible to be a portal to another world like a time machine or entry way into Night City from the Witcher era? Possibly...

Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! There is no such technology in the world of Cyberpunk, there never has been and never will be because that would be pushing it beyond belief and Cyberpunk is all about Reality even wtih the crazy crap that goes on in Night City. Hell, humanity in Cyberpunk have barely colonized Mars and they still don't have FTL drives or warp drives and you want to talk about "warp portals", this isn't Mario Brothers and people are lucky to even have flying cars in this world. And you want to talk time machines! NEIN! There is no Doc Brown here, you don't have Dolereans or some ugly 1800s steampunk chair to sit in to flit about time.

felixsylvaris;n8844220 said:
I suppose in CP there could exist girl named Ciri, which a lot of love to giant swords, with unspecific origin "far far away", she could even talk about troubled by war land, where lords are busy intrigues, and common men suffer. Can you imagine that? If we got her drunk she can even start talking magic and unicorns. If you overdose drugs unicorns you will see.
Untill she starts dashing around she can tell everything, believe it or not.

If some weird looking woman with no cybernetics and white hair starts going on about far, far away lands and all that other jazz, she would disappear so fast the street wouldn't even notice. She can not appear anywhere in Cyberpunk 2077 because Cyberpunk is all about realism and the street, she's from a high fantasy swords, sorcery, dungeons and dragons world.

Girl named Ciri could came with a friend Avallach. Since neither of them can use magic it is likely that they will get into trouble and one got kidnaped. May need some skilled help to get other out of jail. Classic rescue quest.

So I searched...

And found nothing in regards to Ciri mentioned in Cyberpunk2077.

How cool would it be to have a however brief easter egg type quest where you interacted with Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon, and in that quest it was found YOU were the one the rose tattoo is based on? Only to have her have to Teleport away due to circumstance.

Would be a nice little shout out and tie in regarding her conversations with Geralt regarding the cities with flying transportation and people wearing "metal" she visited for some months.

Last edited:
The Witcher 3 easter egg referring to Cyberpunk 2077
Will we see Ciri in CP2077?

As for my personal view on this, no. There are plenty of ways of making Witcher references and easter eggs that do not involve universe-hopping magic users coming into the 2020/2077 setting. For example, have RED be a corporation in 2077, and have someone be playing Witcher part 8 on a cyberdeck. Or, have there be physical Gwent cards in someone's apartment. But, anyways, that's just my personal opinion.

Your thread name isn't very descriptive, by the way. Great way to make sure nobody finds it with the search function.

Last edited:
When you consider her conversation with Geralt in which she discusses the futuristic world she visited, it is possible. It's actually probable since they took the time to write that into witcher 3.

Guest 4149880

Sydanyo;n9301001 said:
The Witcher 3 easter egg referring to Cyberpunk 2077
Will we see Ciri in CP2077?

As for my personal view on this, no. There are plenty of ways of making Witcher references and easter eggs that do not involve universe-hopping magic users coming into the 2020/2077 setting. For example, have RED be a corporation in 2077, and have someone be playing Witcher part 8 on a cyberdeck. Or, have there be physical Gwent cards in someone's apartment. But, anyways, that's just my personal opinion.

Your thread name isn't very descriptive, by the way. Great way to make sure nobody finds it with the search function.

In Witcher 3, by having Ciri teleport to the world of Cyberpunk, CDPR has already made the connection between worlds. A full cut scene of her explaining the world she has visited already is much more then just an easter egg. So now I believe they will allow Witcher fans to find out what she did all those 6 months in Night City, in Cyberpunk 2077. So you fear they wouldn't universe hop but they already have. And probably will in Cyberpunk 2077 and why not. CDPR having fun with their games.

BeastModeIron;n9302771 said:
In Witcher 3, by having Ciri teleport to the world of Cyberpunk, CDPR has already made the connection between worlds.

She describes a world where people have metal in their heads, and where they wage war from a distance using devices similar to megascopes, which as far as I can tell not being a huge Witcher expert, in this case refers to, basically, a desktop with a screen and online access. Or, possibly a smartphone. She also says that "everyone" has a flying ship there.

I can understand how the reference of people having metal in their heads fits in with cyberware. That's fair enough. Waging war from a distance wouldn't necessarily mean guns, since the Witcher world can just as well "wage war from a distance" with bows, crossbows and spells. So, the distance has to be much greater, and since she does say they waged war from a distance using devices similar to megascopes, one has to wonder...how does this correlate with the 2077 world, at all? Where would this girl have gotten to see wartime operations in the 2077 world - assuming, of course, there would be a new corporate war raging then - and see these people, sitting on their computers (in 2020, while desktops do exist, people tend to use cyberdecks instead), and how would she know people would "wage war" on them? And, of course, while Night City in 2020 does have plenty of air travel, claiming that everyone has a "flying ship" is a bit silly.

See... The whole "waging war from a distance using devices similar to megascopes" -line actually, to me, sounds a lot more like people sitting at their computers, playing Call of Duty. Or, it could be a reference to drone operators. Neither of which are very apt references to 2020. The "having metal in their heads" -line would be the easiest to link to 2020, or it could just be referencing the teaser where the full borg chick is shot in the face, showing an armor plating underneath the paintjob. Everyone having flying ships is almost as out of place in 2020 as it is on our day.

So... I mean... This is all so vague that, to me at least, it just seems like fun little easter eggy references. Nothing in it specifically, conclusively, puts her in 2077.

And, as far as the whole "connection between worlds" -claim goes, right now that exists solely in Witcher 3. If you ask me, that's where it can stay. The world of 2077 needs not be connected to anywhere other than firmly to the source material.

Guest 4149880

Sydanyo;n9302941 said:
She describes a world where people have metal in their heads, and where they wage war from a distance using devices similar to megascopes, which as far as I can tell not being a huge Witcher expert, in this case refers to, basically, a desktop with a screen and online access. Or, possibly a smartphone. She also says that "everyone" has a flying ship there.

I can understand how the reference of people having metal in their heads fits in with cyberware. That's fair enough. Waging war from a distance wouldn't necessarily mean guns, since the Witcher world can just as well "wage war from a distance" with bows, crossbows and spells. So, the distance has to be much greater, and since she does say they waged war from a distance using devices similar to megascopes, one has to wonder...how does this correlate with the 2077 world, at all? Where would this girl have gotten to see wartime operations in the 2077 world - assuming, of course, there would be a new corporate war raging then - and see these people, sitting on their computers (in 2020, while desktops do exist, people tend to use cyberdecks instead), and how would she know people would "wage war" on them? And, of course, while Night City in 2020 does have plenty of air travel, claiming that everyone has a "flying ship" is a bit silly.

See... The whole "waging war from a distance using devices similar to megascopes" -line actually, to me, sounds a lot more like people sitting at their computers, playing Call of Duty. Or, it could be a reference to drone operators. Neither of which are very apt references to 2020. The "having metal in their heads" -line would be the easiest to link to 2020, or it could just be referencing the teaser where the full borg chick is shot in the face, showing an armor plating underneath the paintjob. Everyone having flying ships is almost as out of place in 2020 as it is on our day.

So... I mean... This is all so vague that, to me at least, it just seems like fun little easter eggy references. Nothing in it specifically, conclusively, puts her in 2077.

And, as far as the whole "connection between worlds" -claim goes, right now that exists solely in Witcher 3. If you ask me, that's where it can stay. The world of 2077 needs not be connected to anywhere other than firmly to the source material.

Its still a direct reference to Cyberpunk 2077 regardless, and CDPR has already made the connection to both game worlds in this instance anyway. Doesn't mean the whole game world of Cyberpunk 2077 want be 100% source material outside of Ciri if she is in 2077. And who knows how different the worlds of 2020 to 2077 will be. There really isn't an argument here. Call it a reference or easter egg either way...

As far as the connection between worlds, sure its only been talked about in the Witcher 3 because Cyberpunk 2077 isn't out yet but just wait and see. But CDPR writing it into the story, even if it's only a small conversation, having Ciri already visit the world of Cyberpunk and return means that, Yes they have already made the connection within the worlds, if that isn't obvious enough. Personally, I think its awesome for CDPR to reference their games together.

I think it's terrible.

Cyberpunk is a different game a different world a different idea in gaming altogether.

Cyberpunk could ( may in fact already) be happening. Ciri can't and won't.

The Ciri line was left deliberately vague by CDPR writers, as it fits into THAT world of dimension hopping and magics. Totally fine. Could refer to a cyberpunk world, or AE Van Vogt or a hundred othr sci fi settings. Could not. Vague. Not an accident.

Ciri does not fit into a reality-based setting and her presence there, although cool for some people, would be jarring to others. Not worth it and I bet if she sees any reference at all in CDPR's new IP, it will be very oblique.

Anyway, plenty of these threads around. Going to merge this one - take a gander at some of the arguments for and against that others have made.

BeastModeIron;n9303841 said:
Its still a direct reference to Cyberpunk 2077 regardless

It's about as indirect as anything can be, so regardless, it is not.

CDPR has already made the connection to both game worlds

Well, again, no. These couple of lines of dialogue look like nothing more than a fun little easter egg in Witcher; the developers saying to the community "hey guys, remember, we're doing another game as well!" There is no connection from Witcher 3 specifically to 2077, and there obviously is no connection from 2077 to anywhere, seeing as it's not out yet.

Doesn't mean the whole game world of Cyberpunk 2077 want be 100% source material outside of Ciri if she is in 2077.

If a character from Witcher were to somehow travel into the world of 2077, then yeah, it would take a pretty big leap away from 2020.

just wait and see.

Exactly. There have been several of these speculation threads about Ciri throughout the years, and a massive number of speculation threads of this, that and all the other things, here on these forums, in Reddit, in almost weekly "here's what we know so far" -articles on random blog sites as well as all kinds of rather pointless YouTube videos. If people only knew how to wait and see, instead of all the speculation.

Guest 4149880

Sydanyo;n9304351 said:
It's about as indirect as anything can be, so regardless, it is not.

Well, again, no. These couple of lines of dialogue look like nothing more than a fun little easter egg in Witcher; the developers saying to the community "hey guys, remember, we're doing another game as well!" There is no connection from Witcher 3 specifically to 2077, and there obviously is no connection from 2077 to anywhere, seeing as it's not out yet.

If a character from Witcher were to somehow travel into the world of 2077, then yeah, it would take a pretty big leap away from 2020.

Exactly. There have been several of these speculation threads about Ciri throughout the years, and a massive number of speculation threads of this, that and all the other things, here on these forums, in Reddit, in almost weekly "here's what we know so far" -articles on random blog sites as well as all kinds of rather pointless YouTube videos. If people only knew how to wait and see, instead of all the speculation.

Pick apart my post anyway you want. My views won't change. And what scares you most? The fact CdpR consciously made a reference of Cyberpunk 2077 in Witcher 3 by a main character already? Or that they might create another reference to her in 2077? Ciri did visit a cyberpunk world, which means her magic got her to this cyberpunk world. She spent time there, and returned. I get it, some don't like this idea while others do. We can agree to disagree. All I know for a fact is everything Ciri said and everyone's got a flying car...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
People have an infinite capacity to believe what they want, and not be at all dissuaded by inconvenient things like facts.

All I know is that it will be sad moment for the feel of the game and its fiction if I encounter a whitehaired scarfaced lass with an elf companion. "So they really couldn't help themselves and leave that vague joke open." Sounds awful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom