Will clear Win reinstall help?

+
Hello guys,

I wanna ask u something about my game performance/optimalization. I played 15 hours, tried everything and still my game runs on medium settings (high details and low crowd density) with 45-55 FPS. It doesnt matter if I'm in city, during fight etc.

Why am I posting this? Firstly, this is my PC specs:

CPU - Intel i5 8600K (OC to 4.6 Ghz)
GPU - ASUS ROG GTX 1070 OC 8G (OC with ASUS GPU Tweak II Software)
RAM - 16GB RAM DDR4
SSD - Yes, game is installed on SSD drive.

Also Win updades are up to date (GPU drivers too).
I have GOG 1.05 version of the game.

So - I found nearly 10 other guys with same GPU, same RAM, even worse CPU and they can play CP on high setting with stable 60+FPS 1080p.
The question is - why I can't?!

Is there something wrong in my Win settings, GPU/CPU settings, BIOS settings? Will clear Win reinstall help to fix my problem or not?

I would really appreciate if u will suggest some ideas, I will try them ASAP.
Thanks a lot! (and sorry for my English, it's not my primary language)

PS. Also if there is some IT geniuses, I posted DXDIAG file to this thread.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    99.7 KB · Views: 157
Generally, I'd say no, reinstalling a healthy Windows won't give you better FPS. Right now, the most notorious setting is 'Cascading Shadow Resolution'. Try to turn that setting down a notch.

Here is an in-depth video by Digital Foundry showcasing the performance (and visual) impact of every individual setting:

If you want to double-check your Windows installation anyway, you can open a command prompt as an administrator and use
sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth to do that.

If you want to double-check your Windows installation anyway, you can open a command prompt as an administrator and use
sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth to do that.

Will this command reinstall my Win or just tell me some info that I could share here in this thread?
Post automatically merged:

Generally, I'd say no, reinstalling a healthy Windows won't give you better FPS. Right now, the most notorious setting is 'Cascading Shadow Resolution'. Try to turn that setting down a notch.

Here is an in-depth video by Digital Foundry showcasing the performance (and visual) impact of every individual setting:

Well, I tried to use all the settings and ideas from you and the video, I did set it up and FPS are still between 48-58. They are really changeable.

EDIT: I really dont understand where is the problem and why another 5+ guys can play CP with same GPU (even worse CPU) better then me. Can anyone explain it to me? Will there be some patch that will fix my problem or I can give up?

Last edited:
Will this command reinstall my Win or just tell me some info that I could share here in this thread?
Those commands tell Windows-internal tools to check system files and tell you if any are broken. It's just a quick way to see if your installation is corrupted in any way.

They only return three possible results:
  1. Everything is fine. Don't worry.
  2. I found some minor errors and corrected them. Please Reboot.
  3. I've found some major corruption and don't know what to do about it. Please reinstall.

If you already tried all other settings, the last thing to try would be DLSS. I'm not sure if it's available for a target resolution of 1080p, but it'd certainly make a big difference in FPS.

Those commands tell Windows-internal tools to check system files and tell you if any are broken. It's just a quick way to see if your installation is corrupted in any way.

They only return three possible results:
  1. Everything is fine. Don't worry.
  2. I found some minor errors and corrected them. Please Reboot.
  3. I've found some major corruption and don't know what to do about it. Please reinstall.

If you already tried all other settings, the last thing to try would be DLSS. I'm not sure if it's available for a target resolution of 1080p, but it'd certainly make a big difference in FPS.

So, I tried both commands, everything is fine.
DLSS is not for my GPU available so I cant try that.

That means there is nothing I can do. BIggest mystery I've ever had is that other guys with same specs can play that normally and I cant. I dont think that CDPR will help me with upcoming patches. It seems like I must upgrade my PC.....
Post automatically merged:

It seems like nothing will help me. Reinstall, patches etc.

But I really don't understand how other guys with same specs can play CP....

Last edited:
Top Bottom