Will Cyber Augmentations have any effect on your appearance?

+
Just curious, from all the previews so far it would seem most or all of the purely cosmetic cyberwear is selected during character creation, just wondering if some of the more practical augmentations you get throughout the course of the game will have any effect on your appearance or if your character's appearance will mostly be defined by the clothes you wear and what choices you made during character creation?

Also I am not sure if any previews mention it but have any previews mentioned what sort of clothing and equipment slots you have?

I don't think this one has been explained much, but please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

In the 2018 Demo, there was a little thing that noted "humanity cost" below each cyberwear enhancement you could add to yourself. Presumably, you only get so much humanity to give up before you become machine. At the time, I had read somewhere that your humanity level, or lack thereof, would affect things who would trust you as well as romance options. But by 2019 gameplay demos, I had heard they had removed that feature.

As for a physical appearance, I don't think we were ever able to make ourselves look like the members of the Maelstrom gang, but like I said, to my knowledge there hasn't been much clarification on what modifications do to the physical appearance. My guess is that it factors into the story and CDPR don't wish to spoil it.

From what I understood yes, your implants will change how you look. They said they won't allow you to change your face un crazy ways like the maelstrom but apart from that you can change a lot of things.

we saw that the gun grip on your hand changes the appearance of your palm.
gorilla arms look like fully cybernetic arms; nothing 'ganic about them (legs may be similar)
mantis blades make your arms look like there's 'sections' that move away to expose the blades

from the 2018 demo i see Style, Equip, and Backpack
the demo only shows us the Equip tab and there you see you can have 3 weapons active and shows your current resistances

from the 2019 Deep Dive i see Equip, Cyberware, and Crafting
we still only see the Equip tab where the 3 active weapon slots are present but also there are slots for:
Shoes, Pants, Shirt, Jacket and 2 empty slots at head height (glasses and hat, perhaps?)
there are 2 slots on the screen's left. one is definitely whatever shard you have slotted into your neck. the other i have no clue; kinda resembles mantis blades but i have no idea, the icon is too small. this screen also shows the other gear you have that isn't equipped and your resistances.

Top Bottom