Will Cyberpunk 2077 be mod friendly?

+
That is what I am trying to say.. The mod to activate the Console would qualify as a cheat or exploit. If any other mod falls under the exploit, cheating, or trainer definition then the EULA applies

This is why it is important for CDPR to be VERY clear as to which mods are allowed or not allowed. It would be very easy to make a mod for anything but not EULA friendly. We need a EULA friendly definition for the mods going forward
Yo dawg, this isn't Call of Duty. This is a single player game.

I really hope for both DLC and mods. Need more clothes and options to change appearance. Also some kind of dye changing stuff so I can get equipment in the right color. How figging hard should it be to get a red motorcycle helmet?

I really hope for both DLC and mods. Need more clothes and options to change appearance. Also some kind of dye changing stuff so I can get equipment in the right color. How figging hard should it be to get a red motorcycle helmet?
Let's at least wait for them to release the full version of the game. We all know this is an alpha based on all the features that were shown/advertised but are completely missing right now. I would also like mods and dlc, especially the hinted at space hotel, but I would rather have the full game that was advertised first.

Cyberpunk is the type of game where mods would increase its life, much like mods have done for Skyrim. But CDProject doesn't seem to support the modding community and so I doubt we will see much in the way of support for modders.

Cyberpunk is the type of game where mods would increase its life, much like mods have done for Skyrim. But CDProject doesn't seem to support the modding community and so I doubt we will see much in the way of support for modders.
Are you kidding me? They DO support the modding community. They allow all assets from their games to be used in mods! Just look at all the Witcher mods for Skyrim that use assets from The Witcher. They are in fact one of the only developers that allow this kind of stuff in mods for other games.

I got excited when i read on the 1.05 patch page
  • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn’t mean we don’t want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.

Heck, modders are the only ones keeping this thing together right now.
Post automatically merged:

I wouldn't hold my breath. The red engine is actually really hard to mod and with out the source code there is really only so much you can do with it. CDPR really don't like to let people under the hood of thier baby.
The hood flew off 3 blocks back :LOL:

It would be monumentally stupid of them not to make it mod friendly given how even with the half assed kit they gave us for the witcher 3, the game is still going strong with the mod community. And certain people need to stop fear mongering over the EULA.

Yes indeed, please!! On the level of how moddable TES games are. New storylines in particular are what would interest me the most and extend replay value.

Regarding pets: Animals, as such, don't really exist in this world, lore-wise. In fact, way back in the 2020s (I think?) they exterminated all birds (in and around Night City) because of the threat of transporting nasty diseases.
Animals didn't fare so well in this universe, sadly. .... HOWEVER!! There have been several times that I've heard cats. But I'll be damned if I can find them LOL
There is one cat. I saw it three times. Once in the alley near Viktor shop, once under water, and once on the roof wall where Johnny was lying down.

hello

So what i am extremely excited for is a official statement if its possible for the modding community too add new contents/features into the game with "almost" no limitations.
such as:

Real brand cars with futuristic looks.. " i will put examples of a futuristic ferrari design "found on internet "
Community made houses/Apartments
Community made new area's..
Community made new AI behaviors
Ownable Pets perhaps.
Immersion features
and so on & on :D

We all can agree that mod communities can create mind blowing features making the games "endless fun".

kind regards
VK
Releasing mod tools would be the only way to semi-fix this game. But they will never do that, as they want to cash in on the multiplayer part a few years from now. Expect bug and stability fixes, but nothing more than that. CDPR is the new Bioware.

PLEASE DO
CD please learn with Bethesda, we want that in this game!
I have 3k hours + in Skyrim and 1k+ in Fallout basically because of the modding comunity, this would be GREAT!

I got excited when i read on the 1.05 patch page
  • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn’t mean we don’t want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.

I can't understand why they remove console. PC version are not so unstable even to enabling debug console.
It looks like they want to get rid of mods something like tweaks core setting or scripting of the game at this point.
I doubt they'll actually support to mod communities and if doesn't release any mod tools, this game will be short-lived.

As I mentioned in another thread, as things are it would be best if they just open-source some parts of the game so we can help fix things and make improvements.

Top Bottom