Will Cyberpunk 2077 support software ray tracing???

+
I really need to buy a new GPU and have my eye on a RX 5700 XT but given Cyberpunks visual style I'm worried I will miss out on all those cool neon lit streets if I do.

I know CDPR partnered with Nvidia for hardware support but their cards are too expensive will CP2077 have software support at least?

I believe I read its coming. I could be wrong here but I believe its somehow connected to the "in-game advertise" system. It probably makes Clubs alot cooler too. Theres one called Riot Club.

Last edited:
I believe I read its coming. I could be wrong here but I believe its somehow connected to the "in-game advertise" system. It probably makes Clubs alot cooler too. Theres one called Riot Club.

Thanks. Be great if it was I just want to be able to play 1080P with ultra settings with all the beautiful lighting and reflections.

I've been waiting 5 years for this game booked a week off work too.........

Last edited:
Likewise, I’ve just bought an 5700 XT and I’d love to see software enable raytracing. That card should be able to power through it.

I ended up getting the 5700 XT as well, really hope to play this game in max settings.

Do you have a source of the Riot Club or the in-game advertise system? I tried searching online only found movie references lol, would like to read up on this to better prep my rig

Thanks. Be great if it was I just want to be able to play 1080P with ultra settings with all the beautiful lighting and reflections.

I've been waiting 5 years for this game booked a week off work too.........
As much as I love Cyberway, I would take what he (or she) said with a grain of salt.

As far as I know, there has been no word on software ray tracing, and it probably won't come for a long time, if at all. After all, The Witcher 3 never got AMD's hair FX tech, even though it performs better, arguably looks better, and is open source (from what I remember).

Do you have a source of the Riot Club or the in-game advertise system? I tried searching online only found movie references lol, would like to read up on this to better prep my rig

Go to Youtube and search "Cyberpunk - Nightlife, Clubs and Bars"

Ad system is gonna be something like this... You see advertisement for example, Jack Daniels, you click it and path where you can buy it appears for you. Or you're driving your car, you see cool Gun, you can click and it shows you where you can buy it.

Ad-system sounds like a nice twist in gameplay, while youre walking or driving, you want to take a look at the ads if you find some cool stuff.

Last edited:
No, Software ray tracing won't be in any game, it cost vast amounts of resources to do and would make the hit RTX takes for it's hardware solution look minor in comparison.

there is a pretty good reason no one does software ray tracing and where waiting for a hardware solution.

Go to Youtube and search "Cyberpunk - Nightlife, Clubs and Bars"

Ad system is gonna be something like this... You see advertisement for example, Jack Daniels, you click it and path where you can buy it appears for you. Or you're driving your car, you see cool Gun, you can click and it shows you where you can buy it.

Ad-system sounds like a nice twist in gameplay, while youre walking or driving, you want to take a look at the ads if you find some cool stuff.
ohhh ok my bad, I totally misunderstood what you were referring to, I thought this was about the graphical enhancements for AMD

gotcha, so like the NiCola example from the 48-minute gameplay, I'm curious how amazing this will turn out in the final game

gotcha, so like the NiCola example from the 48-minute gameplay, I'm curious how amazing this will turn out in the final game

I hope they wont hold back, put ads everywhere, guns, alcohol, drugs, sextoys, cars, motorbikes, girls, celebrities, music, energy drinks, everything. Player look at it and you're given path to the location.

Game will support ray tracing but not software ray tracing, that wouldn't work well. Specifically ambient occlusion, diffused illumination and I think reflections too will be ray traced. You can wait for RTX 3000 series and hope 2000 series will get even cheaper or wait for the "Big Navi" card from AMD that is supposed to support ray tracing but who knows how much they will want for that. It's supposed to be faster than 2080 if I'm not mistaken.

Top Bottom