Will future DLCs remove level caps?

+
I've already reach max street cred level 50, and am close to reaching max character level cap 50. I've got tons of gigs and NCPD jobs I haven't done yet, all because I'm hoping the caps will be removed by DLCs. There should be a good chance for that happening, right? Witcher 3 DLCs also removed the level cap for that game.

There's no way to know until they announce it and give more info.

I wouldn't hold doing those gigs/scans, though. CDPR probably have their hands full with the shitstorm the launch was, so I don't think we will have DLCs any time soon. Also, raising lvl caps in witcher 3 came with a variety of new features and systems to sink more points, but, most importantly, new content to get more xp.

For now, there is no real reason for them to remove the cap or even increase it. Also if they remove it I don't think that they will allow the player to put all possible attributes to max level and be good in everything. And probably if they change the level cap this will be because of new content that will allow you to further level up anyway.

I don't think that we need an increased level cap. In my opinion, the end game should revolve around player skill and not by adding arbitrary crutches.

I've already reach max street cred level 50, and am close to reaching max character level cap 50. I've got tons of gigs and NCPD jobs I haven't done yet, all because I'm hoping the caps will be removed by DLCs. There should be a good chance for that happening, right? Witcher 3 DLCs also removed the level cap for that game.
Really hope so

I believe the level cap will be raised by 10 or 20 additional levels once DLCs with high level enemies and bosses start rolling in. Of course first they need to rebalance combat, or at least introduce some "legendary epic uber hellish difficulty" mode.

So it would seem, but in practice it would be redundant, because you can't equip all the cyberware and weapons at the same time, but what you would have is more choice for different builds. So as it stands being only overpowered with a shotgun or with a melee weapon, you are still overpowered regardless, but the game becomes boring faster if you lack choices to be overpowered in other ways in the same playthrough.

Not to mention it doesn't make sense for your cyberdecks being equipped with a mixed bag of legendary and common cyberware, you are supposed to be a professional merc who only uses the best quality gear.
Well, a lot of cyberwere even don't have a legendary tier for now.

Instead of removing the level cap i would prefer the useless exp trade into something else. Perhaps something similar to the BadAss or the Guardian system from Borderlands to aquire small bonuse on the various game mechanic variables.

Pretty sure something as simple as an level cap remover will ( and should in my opinion ) be covered by at least 200 different Mod Authors on Nexus in the coming months.

Pretty sure something as simple as an level cap remover will ( and should in my opinion ) be covered by at least 200 different Mod Authors on Nexus in the coming months.

As of now, the Save game editor can reduce your level. Then you can continue to EARN points with normal game play.

I was setting my level back to 49 every time I made it to 50. Did that for a while but then I read someplace that you get something for every three levels you raise, but I cannot remember what that something was... LOL.

Anyway so now when I earn level 50 each time I set it back down to level 47. It is freaking SLOW however just fighting street crime and exercising the skills (jumping, special kills, upgrading equipment etcetera) to level themselves up.

As of now, the Save game editor can reduce your level. Then you can continue to EARN points with normal game play.

I was setting my level back to 49 every time I made it to 50. Did that for a while but then I read someplace that you get something for every three levels you raise, but I cannot remember what that something was... LOL.

Anyway so now when I earn level 50 each time I set it back down to level 47. It is freaking SLOW however just fighting street crime and exercising the skills (jumping, special kills, upgrading equipment etcetera) to level themselves up.

Yeah, I can imagine it's slow. I'm new to CP77, and started over a few days ago after making some crappy choices on my first character. I stayed in Act 1 never talking to Dex until I had finished everything there until I had nothing left except generic spawns from a cell load. Hoping we get a mod later on that completely opens up the game in Act 1 being able to bypass the main storyline ( I hate it so far lol ).

There's no way to know until they announce it and give more info.

I wouldn't hold doing those gigs/scans, though. CDPR probably have their hands full with the shitstorm the launch was, so I don't think we will have DLCs any time soon. Also, raising lvl caps in witcher 3 came with a variety of new features and systems to sink more points, but, most importantly, new content to get more xp.

Agreed,I just hit lvl 50 a 2nd time,and think we wont see DLC and Expansions till years end,and that's totally cool. Lots of other titles new and old to play.

Removed? No.

Increased? Probably.

I don't want it removed myself. I really don't want this to turn into another game where the protagonist is just a master at everything. My choices as far as the game is concerned have very little to no impact. Let my choices about my own character hold some weight.

Remove it, please. Finished the game with all possible character combinations, level 50 just for fun, done all the ending, etc. Add it as a perk if someone finish the game more than once if you want, like the Gorilla Arms reward ;)
It is a reason to keep going.

Personally I hope the level cap remains in place as this forces you to think about how to build your character.

Top Bottom