Will Geralt be able to fall off surfaces/take fall damage when on foot/Horse ?

+
the fact that you can fall off a clift can be a real pain in combat, just think about it...you're in the midlle of a fight and you roll or parry and you fall down and die or just as annoyng you use aard spell and an enemy falls and is stuck somewere half way to the bottom of the mountain. if he is a normal bandit etc you just miss some loot but what if he has a quest item, what then.....reload or try for x times to make it to him without falling to your death.( this is something i hated in Skyrim)

the fact that you can fall off a clift can be a real pain in combat, just think about it...you're in the midlle of a fight and you roll or parry and you fall down and die or just as annoyng you use aard spell and an enemy falls and is stuck somewere half way to the bottom of the mountain. if he is a normal bandit etc you just miss some loot but what if he has a quest item, what then.....reload or try for x times to make it to him without falling to your death.( this is something i hated in Skyrim)

thats the pice you have to pay for a world without invisible walls

Good design would be to not put the quest item holders near a cliff then. Then again it would be funny to kill one of the games antagonists by simply aarding him off a cliff.

In Witcher 2, if say a harpy fell off a cliff when dying, its items remained at the cliff edge. Maybe the connection was dying before falling off the cliff perhaps, but I do remember this scenario happening. But your point is valid. I wonder how the devs will adress the issue of important quest items, and locating lost items?

I'm getting an RDR vibe here... which is awesome!

Me too, I remember the first time I ever played RDR and I kept saying to myself how awesome it would be if they did a fantasy RPG like this.
I think CDPR thought the same, because they are doing it. ;) (So Cool)

Loved Red Dead Redemption, but the only problem I had with the game was that the settlements were too small. Even Blackwater was a few streets and like 20 houses. I like small settlements and farms, but there has to be at least one decently large city in the game.

Loved Red Dead Redemption, but the only problem I had with the game was that the settlements were too small. Even Blackwater was a few streets and like 20 houses. I like small settlements and farms, but there has to be at least one decently large city in the game.

Of course, but that was common in Spaghetti Westerns. Most "towns" were really just two rows of about 20 buildings, at least as portrayed in the Westerns themselves. I don't think we'll have to worry about that here. The city (Novigrad, I think?) shown in the W3 trailer looks pretty big, so I'm not too concerned.

Top Bottom