Will Gwent Accounts be Shared between platforms?

+
Will Gwent Accounts be Shared between platforms?

Not sure if this has been asked but, can I play between platforms using a single account?

Thanks.

I don't see why not, it's the same account, the information is there, i imagine that just like in Hearthstone, the only time* that won't carry over is when you switch regions.

Last edited:
Well I can't speak for all platforms but I messaged one of the Cd Projeekt Red staff about the very matter but about PC and PS4.

Hello. Sorry if you are not the guy to ask this, but I do have a question.

So, i signed up for the Gwent Beta Day 1 when announced at E3. Now I am aware that the beta will not be on PS4, but that tends to be my platform of choice when playing games. However, I do plan to play the beta on PC.

I was wondering however, if, assuming I can play it, there would be a way to link account and progress from PC to PS4. It's just if I need to make a account on both seperatly I'd like to know.

Hey,

We are 90% sure we will be able to link PC and ps4 - this is on Sony side so we are not 100%. i Hope that helps.

All the best

So while it's NOT garanteed it does look likely, especaly with PS Now now working ob PC and MS doing more PC stuff.

This is a complicated issue - there are several polices we need to apply in order for this to happen on any platform. For PC is easy but consoles are not, so for now we cannot confirm any cross buy until we know 100%.

This is a complicated issue - there are several polices we need to apply in order for this to happen on any platform. For PC is easy but consoles are not, so for now we cannot confirm any cross buy until we know 100%.

It is complicated since Sony and MS probably aren’t interested in a unified login service which in turn becomes console independent.
They (MS, SONY) will be fine with their consoles to PC or vice versa.
Probably not with Xbox and Playstation unified/singular login.
But having a unified login would be great for us players. It isn’t user friendly to have a different login for separate devices.

Hopefully these companies should consider the user friendly - unified login. :)

this game even coming to phones/tablets.. they said at pax they have no plans for it to come to mobile at this time kinda makes since gwent has a big board that's kinda hard to do on a small sceen. it took luckstone almost 2 years to come to phones so maybe a post launch thing.

this game even coming to phones/tablets.. they said at pax they have no plans for it to come to mobile at this time kinda makes since gwent has a big board that's kinda hard to do on a small sceen. it took luckstone almost 2 years to come to phones so maybe a post launch thing.

I was strongly against mobile Gwent earlier. Also I was strongly against any online games before. But now that I had to learn to live with smart phone because of several reasons, and because we now have Gwent game coming, I'm starting to be flexible with my opinions :p

You have a point though that playing Gwent with small phone screen can be difficult. I don't think it's impossible, but I can't think of any way to make it work. I will happily welcome mobile Gwent if it happens sometimes (which seems unlikely at this point). Assuming that the game has been made so, that it doesn't suffer because of small screen.

I try to imagine how boring and exhausting it has to be for CDP RED to answer again and again for the same question "Will it be mobile Gwent?"

It is obvious that Gwent WILL finally go to mobile version (of course IF PC/XONE/PS4 version do the job and bring and keep interesting of fans <- which I believe it will do). Maybe not in this year, probably not in the next year but it the end, it will go mobile. It is clear that now it is not the time to talk about it.

Rafal_Jaki;n3033292 said:

Hey Rafal, are there any updates on cross platform accounts?

ummagoomba;n8596790 said:
Hey Rafal, are there any updates on cross platform accounts?

Yeah I'd be interested in any update on this too. The unfortunate thing is that I'm almost 100% sure that this happening or not happening is out of the hands of the people at projektred. I know it is possible because the Epic Games MOBA Paragon has its accounts linked between PS4 and PC. So that tells me it's not a technical issue but a business issue and hypothetically if the right people aren't involved on let's say the console end no matter what the folks at ProjektRed want to/wish they could do it's not up to them at that point.

Riven-Twain;n8729740 said:
Dominika.Skubida has responded to a question about sharing PS4 and PC accounts in Ask a Dev :

Thanks Riven. It would be nice to know why but as frenchy said, I suspect this is a business issue, not a technical one. And, not necessarily a business issue by CDPR. I suspect it would be better for them, if the accounts were linked.

Technically we can link all account and have cross buy - but this needs to approved by platform holders and they did not agree to let us do that. Sadly we cannot do much about that.

Problem with crossplay is that all platforms must be at same patch all the time.

Rafal_Jaki;n8789340 said:
Technically we can link all account and have cross buy - but this needs to approved by platform holders and they did not agree to let us do that. Sadly we cannot do much about that.

Personally I would be fine with limited time account link, just like what Warframe did when they launched to consoles. Have you considered possibility of thing like that?

Rafal_Jaki;n8789340 said:

I suspected this would be the case but, I really appreciate you taking the time to confirm Rafal. Thank you very much.

I wish I could use my same account on pc and ps4.

My pc is old and slow, I play on slowest settings, no aa, nothing. Visually is bad. On ps4 I just downloaded it to check the challenges there and wow nice graphic effects, but I dont have time to do the daily tier 3 on pc and ps4 everyday.

I'm just happy that I can play on my PS4 for now, loving it! It does seem like a difficult process, but it is great to know that they are looking into it. I do want to get a gaming computer down the road and would really switch most of my gaming to it. I actually wouldn't be bummed to start over, it's fun opening Kegs and slowly building decks from what you receive.

Top Bottom