Will Hearts of Stone have real Monster Bosses?

+
Will Hearts of Stone have real Monster Bosses?

i've been looking at the promoting pictures of the expansion , seems like on of my complains about game will be fixed

i missed bosses like the kayran from the second witcher

just wanna know if this is true

:hmm3:

I would also like to see a fight with some big boss monster, but I'm looking forward to new monsters in general. They said the expansion will introduce some new ones, but other than that frog creature I don't think there is more info about which monster types we can expect.

Good question! I just hope it isn't like the Kayran battle. That fight was too cinematic for me. The Dragon fight from TW2 is more along the lines of what I'd be interested in.

TW1 had some interesting approaches to the boss battles, and TW2, while it's version was pretty cinematic, at least the boss monsters were very good, so I believe they could do some good work in the expansions if they put in extra effort to make them good

most boss fights suffer with bosses having little variety in the attacks, and not having much of them to begin with, and if they do have them, then they're not aggressive enough and, give you tons of space to relax, making them not very challenging, dull, and forgettable

so if I was CDPR, those are the issues I'd be looking to address, at least on higher difficulties, different enemy behavior and different attacks add to the difficulty, not just making enemies take less damage from you, and dealing more damage to you, that's lazy.

The only boss battle that gave me trouble was the Imelrith fight, I was close to pulling my hair out until I finally bested him. I;d love to see more boss encounters in the expansions and look forward to new monsters and enemies. I wasn't a big fan of the vampires in TW3 and would much prefer the vampire types from Witcher 1 make a return.

I'd also like to see more unique humanoid type opponents that actually differ in their attacks and A.I. The human enemies in TW3 tend to be way too slow in movement and reaction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom