Will it be possible to use a gamepad AND Mouse+Keyboard at the same time (on PC)?

+
After watching the cars-special of Night City Wire, I got the feeling that I'd like to drive the vehicles with a gamepad rather than Mouse+Keyboard (on PC, obviously).
But I'd also like to use M+KB to do the walking, talking and fighting.
This reminded me of the good old times, playing GTA Vice City with M+KB, having the pad on my lap and switching to it while driving.
So, as the topic states: Will this be possible, using both input methods at once?
Is this even hard to do (for programmers)? Maybe someone of you (fans) know already or can make an educated guess.
Or someone from CDPR can confirm?

It should work seamlessly and be the same as having an 'alternate key mapping'. In Witcher 3 I can switch between the two seamlessly. If you push a key on the keyboard, everything will switch to show keys mappings. If you push a button on your gamepad, it will switch to button mappings without you needing to do anything. :)

1602960253249.png
1602960293308.png

Attachments

• 1602960253249.png
    1602960253249.png
    149.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 1602960293308.png
    1602960293308.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 72
why [...] you should be able to do that ????
you dont have anything to do in the game , but trying to use gamepad and keyboard+mouse at the same time ????
is that some sort of a magic trick or like a special ability ???? like in parties , everyone say what they good at , and you say im able to use gamepad+mouse and keyboard at the same time in cp2077,
[...] isthis ???!!!!

why [...] you should be able to do that ????
you dont have anything to do in the game , but trying to use gamepad and keyboard+mouse at the same time ????
is that some sort of a magic trick or like a special ability ???? like in parties , everyone say what they good at , and you say im able to use gamepad+mouse and keyboard at the same time in cp2077,
[...] isthis ???!!!!

:oops: I'm sorry if my question offended you in some way. Maybe it's a language problem? I just wanted to know if it's technically possible, you know, from the game's programming side.
Some games I know stop recognizing gamepad input when you start using M+KB and you have to restart the game.

I was in no way "bragging" about my great skills of using gamepad AND M+KB :ROFLMAO: Although they are rather spectacular ;)

:oops: I'm sorry if my question offended you in some way. Maybe it's a language problem? I just wanted to know if it's technically possible, you know, from the game's programming side.
Some games I know stop recognizing gamepad input when you start using M+KB and you have to restart the game.

I was in no way "bragging" about my great skills of using gamepad AND M+KB :ROFLMAO: Although they are rather spectacular ;)
(y):sneaky::ROFLMAO:

WILL IT BE POSSIBLE TO USE A GAMEPAD AND MOUSE+KEYBOARD AT THE SAME TIME (ON PC)?
Yes. I'm using both.

Keyboard + Mouse driving is painful, would be nice if they added an auto-drive feature like Roach had.
I find myself using Controller all the time, except during combat.

it works, im using gamepad when i walk and ride, and also i use keyboard + mouse when i shoot

I use m/k and my xbox one controller for vehicles at the same time. You can also do it while not even looking at your monitor and it still works.

I'm trying to do this, using controller for driving and kb+mouse on foot but for some reason whenever i use kb+mouse my controller inputs for acceleration and steering get disabled. I'm using an 8bitdo in X-input mode (basically xbox controller) anyone know a fix with this?

Top Bottom