Will meteorite ore have another use?

+
Will meteorite ore have another use?

This might be an unpopular opinion, but some people don't have a desire to get animated cards (I perfer using non-animated cards). My issue is that meteorite ore has replaced some daily/level rewards, so those will be dead daily/levels for me now.
Would it be possible to have an option to convert it into regular ore or scraps instead (even if it's not a 1 to 1 rate)?

Last edited:
Not a chance. This imho was an intended slight nerf to the daily rewards (which are way too generous right now imho), but they did it in a way you don't get less, you get something else. Personally i'm really happy i will be able to collect premium cards, as a f2p player it's something you can't do on other ccgs.

And come on would you seriously pass at a chance of using animated aglais/vilgeforz/etc...? Their animated arts are beautiful.

I don't think it intrudes that much into the game for people like you. You'll still get more or less the same rewards from dailies as in closed beta, just a few levels here and there rewarding the ore rather than scraps\keg ore.

As for converting, you can always use it to convert excess (4th bronze mercenary f.ex) cards to premium before scrapping them for additional scraps. (if it works like i think it does, pretty sure they explained it worked like that in the preview stream). Bit more work than necessary yes, but thats how it'll be done i think.

I share same concerns. I wish we had 1 currency that we could dispose as we wished. Whether we spent on kegs and gambled, wheher we saved up and crafted the cards we needed, whether we had nothing bettef to do but invest in cosmetics.

I always find myself wincing when I have 200 ore when I'd rather have 200 scrap and crafted that one epic card my deck needs.

kaalev;n8555420 said:
I share same concerns. I wish we had 1 currency that we could dispose as we wished. Whether we spent on kegs and gambled, wheher we saved up and crafted the cards we needed, whether we had nothing bettef to do but invest in cosmetics.

I always find myself wincing when I have 200 ore when I'd rather have 200 scrap and crafted that one epic card my deck needs.

That wouldn't be viable economically, CDPR have to make money of this game afterall. The game should have atleast some incentive to goad players to buy a few kegs. If everything where one resource, people would stop buying kegs after a certain time and just craft their collection.

Personally i like the 3x resource mechanic they put in. 1 for kegs, 1 for crafting (like in HS) and 1 for premium cards. And it the game is pretty fair about it compared to other CCG's.

If we get kegs at an even slower rate than normal, there will need to be a tweak to reduce the number of duplicates. I'm only level 20 and I'm getting seen 3-4 auto mill cards in a ton of kegs.

I will not spend money on a F2P game to decrease my frustration unless I am 100% sure it will work, and kegs are a crap shoot.

Last edited:
Alternatively, animated cards could be scrapped for double the standard mill value. They cost twice as much to craft (without using powder) so I think that'd be pretty fair.

WaffleDee;n8556560 said:
Alternatively, animated cards could be scrapped for double the standard mill value. They cost twice as much to craft (without using powder) so I think that'd be pretty fair.
Nah i prefer it this way. If they did it your way everyone f2p would insta dust them to craft normal ones. I think they had a good idea with this extra currency, can't wait to use it and i don't care if it slightly nerf daily rewards, they are still great anyway.

They don't want you to scrap premium cards for ore and exchanging Powder to Ore will beats its purpose. Yeah, you will 25% less in rewards if you are not interested in premium at all. Making all cards premium was quite expensive for CD projekt, but I think it will be their most important money source with Gwent. And this actually allows them to be more generous to F2P players, so we get much better starter decks and ability to unlock all leaders. So I think it is good even for players that are not interested for premium. Also common, you really don't want any premium, not even leader?

DMaster2;n8557580 said:
Nah i prefer it this way. If they did it your way everyone f2p would insta dust them to craft normal ones. I think they had a good idea with this extra currency, can't wait to use it and i don't care if it slightly nerf daily rewards, they are still great anyway.

I doubt many f2p would instantly dust them. Disenchanting an epic or a legendary animated double card for double value would still only give half the scraps needed to craft a normal epic or legendary. Disenchanting an animated common or rare card would give a measly +10/+20, it's really not significant, it would just be an alternative for people that don't want them. (For me, there is enough to think about in a turn already, and having animated cards is a bit distracting)

Players are forced into crafting premium cards because meteorite doesn't have any other usage (yet). I can see why those players want to complain about it. Me, personally, I would probably have never crafted any premiums at all if it wasn't for this scheme. But yeah, CDPR sure does like to show off their hard work.

The idea behind meteorite is good, but I rather still go for simplicity by having only one currency. Regardless, I am not really bothered by it, nor do I feel the need to complain about it. Also, some of those premiums do look pretty sweet.

WaffleDee;n8558610 said:
I doubt many f2p would instantly dust them. Disenchanting an epic or a legendary animated double card for double value would still only give half the scraps needed to craft a normal epic or legendary. Disenchanting an animated common or rare card would give a measly +10/+20, it's really not significant, it would just be an alternative for people that don't want them. (For me, there is enough to think about in a turn already, and having animated cards is a bit distracting)
But let's say i have normal aglais and pull premium aglais, do i keep the normal one and get, let's say 400 scraps or keep the premium and only get 200? As a f2p player i'd have no doubt, at least until i have all (or close to) the cards. Same for other rarities, if you want to be efficient in your collection progress you have to scrap premiums. Which is what i do in hearthstone, tes legends and eternal.

I'm actually happy in this game i'm actually encouraged to get them, especially since they are so beautiful.

More uses for Meteorite Powder

Currently we can only use it to make cards premium, which some people have no interest in.
Since this is purely cosmetic i was thinking there could be other cosmetic things we could buy with Meteorite, like trinkets.

I like the way it is now it has helped me be more patient I have at least 3 of every bronze all the silvers and all but 22 golds a lot are premium and when I get enough I make a new one.
I am a little OCD about collecting though. But I agree with some that there should be more options to spend resources on because my collection will be complete soon enough.

gigabomb;n8556280 said:
If we get kegs at an even slower rate than normal, there will need to be a tweak to reduce the number of duplicates. I'm only level 20 and I'm getting seen 3-4 auto mill cards in a ton of kegs.

I will not spend money on a F2P game to decrease my frustration unless I am 100% sure it will work, and kegs are a crap shoot.

You are correct, Itried to decrease my frustration with $25 and it didn't work at all. A slight decrease would start at $100 or so I'm guessing and honestly that's too much for a simple game like gwent. GTA costs half that and can't even be compared in the amount of content you get, same as the Witcher 3 for that matter. Maybe this is normal for a CCG and I'm sure someone will come and tell me how generous CDPR is but I'm not seeing value for that much cash here.

At an even slower rate than normal?
Come on people.
I have played several different CCG's and none of them came even close to the generosity of Gwent.

Hmm, for me it's a decent long term goal to work on when you have a card collection that is as full as you'd like. I've crafted every single gold silver and bronze I've ever needed, wanted or just wanted to play with it, even stuff that I've included in decks that I've only played 2 matches with :p So Now MP is a good thing to focus on.

I like fully transmuting the decks I use, so it's usually either all of the cards in them (minus special cards usually) or none. The first I transmuted was Wild Hunt, then Spies, now it's Reveal :) I crafted (yes, 1600 scraps) the premium Voorhis because getting the MP would take far more and since I had the scraps, why not? :p

Top Bottom