Will my gaming laptop run Cyberpunk

+
Greethings!

Wanted to see if I was good for this game before purchasing, as my laptop's a few years old:

I'm running a (17") Lenovo Legion Y720
CPU is i7-7700HQ at 2.8GHz
Win 10 64-bit, 16 G RAM, 1 TB HD
GeForce GTX 1060

Planning to buy the game so long as my gear is up for it, so recommendations for settings at my level also appreciated.
Let me know if anyone wants any more info about my machine.

It look like performance varies wildly from one persons system to the next. Some people with top end rigs can barely scrape a constant 30 FPS, but to hear others tell it they're running it fine.

As for me, once I solved the crashing issues by reinstalling the entire game and updating to the latest drivers, it's playable. It's probably more playable if I lowered the settings, but I tested it on "Ultra" and I was getting between 15-30 FPS. By contrast, I can play Doom Eternal with everything on Ultra-Nightmare (the highest settings) and it's smooth as silk.

As it stands, Cyberpunk 2077 is terribly optimised. I imagine patches will improve it, but by how much, who knows?

For reference, I'm on :-

Win 7 64 Ultimate
i5 3570k
16gb 3200 RAM
Geforce GTX 1080
Samsung EVO SSD

In summary, I would wait 6 months, mate. It will likely run like molasses on your laptop and I think that would ruin the experience. I myself have faith it will be optimised with future patches/driver updates but even if I have to wait until I upgrade my entire PC it's no big deal. I have a large backlog.

It should run okay. Probably around 45-50 fps at medium settings.

For context, I am playing Cyberpunk on a gaming laptop as well. CPU is i7-9750H and GPU is 1660ti.

With most medium settings and few high settings, I'm getting around 65 fps indoors or places that don't have too much going on. In graphically demanding scenes, it's somewhat lower at around 55 fps. Running surprisingly well for me and no crashes at all, but it's gonna be different for everyone.

Oh, and I'm using SSD as well so that's probably helping with loading in assets and similar things. But there's a "slow HDD" mode in the game if your hdd is slow.

1-6 = I don't buy
7-12 = I wait 6 months
13-19 = I buy it now
20 = I upgrade my computer and buy it?

-meh- Entertaining idea, but I'm not so into random...

If you've got the nat-20 crit to upgrade, surely you should have the nat-1 critical miss to burn your laptop and devote your life to an obscure religion? :p

Top Bottom