Will not buy CD project Red game day one ever again.

+
CDPR does need to improve their patching Q&A. Patches bringing new bugs has been an issue since the beginning for them.

Sure, that's a reasonable suggestion, but I don't think it's grounds to suggest that all of their GOTY awards were unmerited as the OP did.

Nothing is perfect, for me, the witcher 3's flaws are negligible compared to its merits.
And as for the combat system, i respect developer's vision, it's unique and you can certainly enjoy it if you really accept it, honestly it's perhaps the best way to emulate a witcher's cambat style.
As for the bugs and patches, considering the scope and complexity of the witcher 3, i'm still amazed by the game's robustness, the witcher 3 is more technically sound than a lot of the games of the same scale.

The Witcher 3 was the most GOTY material of last year, simply because other titles didn't have the quality to root for GOTY. And comparing TW3's combat to the souls games is like comparing the one of the only good thing those games do right. TW3 combat is not bad by any means. But comparing both is silly, of course TW3 combat can't hold a candle to the souls games.

Wow a bit late, already won like the most GOTY awards, now coming on and saying "Don't get me wrong it is a great game but everybody is fooling there selves if they think it is Game of the Year Material." is just funny. xDD

Guest 3893816

I really don't understand the people these days... On one hand they complain about buggy games and the devs that stop supporting their games after some patches (like Ubisoft and EA) and leave them broken forever, and on the other hand they complain about devs that release as many patches as they can to leave the game as perfect as possible when the support ends.

The people just can't understand that games these days are much more complex and much bigger than in the past and big open world games like W3 will never be bugfree. Games like Oblivion and Skyrim still have gamebreaking bugs in it and i didn't encounter one bug in W3 that doesn't let me finish one single quest. I just had "small" bugs like roach without a mane and the buggy music system. This is it! I know other people have more bugs but they are still supporting this game and it isn't even close to be as bad as in all Bethesda games which are from people who should know by now how open-world games work. Even if i like Bethesda RPG's too, i have to say that they rely too much on the modding scene and that they will fix everything for them.

But it is true that CDPR really needs to fix bigger bugs a lot faster and don't put 1000 bugfixes in one patch and release it too fast without proper testing. The PS4 players still wait for a patch to be able to play Blood and Wine and we have no news about nothing. A small patch should be out on PS4 as soon as possible and not putted in a bigger patch with more fixes.

PS: I play on PC!

You guys really need to get better at recognizing trolls.

They're not going to g away if you keep feeding them.

You guys really need to get better at recognizing trolls.

They're not going to g away if you keep feeding them.

I posted this elsewhere and it's relevant

I've been in the software development industry (not games) for thirty years. Some releases have been good, some bad. All the bad ones have not been because of the developers, rather rigid timelines, budget, changing user requirements. As a user of software the only thing you can do is report the bugs via official channels (not this thread) do something else.

There will always be some sort of prioritization of the bugs to fix by the developer which will also be influenced by external forces, mostly budget and the resources the company throw at the problem. What this means is that if a bug is fixed, it might take a while.

Generally the size of projects has been in the order of one to five years with teams of up to 50 people, so not quite games development big. Generally you see 1000's of bugs go to testers and still 100's when released, and they are never all fixed. Sometimes, bugs can not even be reproduced by the developer team.

The hardest thing to do is juggle a maintenance fork of production, with a new version with major changes additions. These always happen on 2 or more separate code bases, and bugs always happen when merging the 2 to release to the public with just as many bugs as the initial release and what's even worse, old bugs reappear.

Having to release patches on 2 separate consoles and 3 PC stores is infinitely harder.

Hopefully this gives you some incite into software development. Enjoy gaming.

Bottom line: For the complexity of the game and number of platforms released on, ie most complex open world game to date, the level of bugs is minimal, and post release support is phenomenal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Several posts have been deleted. Please adhere to the topic of the thread and keep away from discussing when something ought or ought not be moderated.

My game didn't work at first without 2-3 hours of troubleshooting and tweaking. After patch 1.22 it doesn't work again. Never tried anything similar. Ever. and i've been a gamer for 20 years. It makes me very worried for cyberpunk, and i probably wont buy that on day one, because of this :(

This is a fantastic game. Easily one of the best games i've ever played. Thats why it makes me even sadder that i can't play it

the game worked perfectly on release date, if there are any technical issues, there is a technical support to contact and inform about the problem so it ca be fixed,

My game didn't work at first without 2-3 hours of troubleshooting and tweaking. After patch 1.22 it doesn't work again. Never tried anything similar. Ever. and i've been a gamer for 20 years. It makes me very worried for cyberpunk, and i probably wont buy that on day one, because of this :(

This is a fantastic game. Easily one of the best games i've ever played. Thats why it makes me even sadder that i can't play it

Have you posted your problems in the technical support forums and lodged a official support request with CDPR? You're not going to get much help to solving your problems by posting in this thread.

Despite all the technical issues plaguing The Witcher 3, which is undoubtedly frustrating, CD Projekt Red remains one of my favourite developers in the industry, and I'll continue to support them the best I can. I just can't bring myself to hate the studio behind my favourite RPG saga.

TW3 was in his original state maybe the most stable open-world RPG ever.. if you think TW3 is a "mess", you really didn't played enough RPG games from the past.. I remember some games which could wipe out completely your HDD, shut down your PC, lose all your progress halfway through or you couldn't play the game without it every 10 minutes to crash or game-breaking bugs on every corner.. Fallout New Vegas had enemies who would just disappear under the gameworld.. or many needed cheats to finish Vampire Bloodlines in his main state (which had already a official patch by the developer).. Elder Scrolls (and Fallout 3 and NV) games are notorious for many types of bugs - some funny but many really game breaking.. STALKER games are fantastic games but they have bugs everywhere.. even games from Rockstar are full of bugs.. hell, many linear games had game breaking bugs (Call of Cthulhu DCotE, some latest CoD games) and you know what? Some of them didn't even had any patches !.. you (we all) can be lucky that CD Projekt RED are releasing patches trying to fixed if not all, atleast most bugs..and there are just too many examples of games even from recent years which were in way, way worse state than TW3 - Total War games, AC games, Far Cry 2, Batman AK, etc..
In fact, I can say that TW3 was suprisingly in really good shape when it was launched..

And about the combat, that's really subjective - yes, I played all DS games but not Bloodborne and I can say without a problem that the combat system in TW3 for me atleast is fun.. it isn't the best, the most complex or the most deep system but that doesn't change the fact that I really like to fight pretty much every single enemy in the game.. I like to using my signs, swords, bombs, oils, potions and switching between them and using them to dance around my foes.. it's ok to not liking it - many people don't like combat systems in DS games, Elder Scrolls games, Fallout games, STALKER games, Fable games, Devil May Cry or Bayoneta.. personally I really didn't like any part of the combat system in VtMB, but even with that in mind that game is still after 12 years in my all time TOP3 games
TW3 has some problems that I know about (Eredin, Djikstra, politics, Radovid, more active skills in the combat system, etc.) but it still has many, many great areas in which the game is top-notch right now..

And about the combat, that's really subjective - yes, I played all DS games but not Bloodborne and I can say without a problem that the combat system in TW3 for me atleast is fun.. it isn't the best, the most complex or the most deep system but that doesn't change the fact that I really like to fight pretty much every single enemy in the game.. I like to using my signs, swords, bombs, oils, potions and switching between them and using them to dance around my foes.. it's ok to not liking it - many people don't like combat systems in DS games, Elder Scrolls games, Fallout games, STALKER games, Fable games, Devil May Cry or Bayoneta.. personally I really didn't like any part of the combat system in VtMB, but even with that in mind that game is still after 12 years in my all time TOP3 games
TW3 has some problems that I know about (Eredin, Djikstra, politics, Radovid, more active skills in the combat system, etc.) but it still has many, many great areas in which the game is top-notch right now..

The combat does take a bit of getting used to and has a random element to it because with the animations, you're never 100% sure what will happen. I treat this as a challenge and is probably closer to real life combat. Sure in combat focused games, knowing exactly what a sword swing does and where the i-frames are is important particularly if combat is hard. Witcher 3 isn't this game it's, a story based RPG. As I said in my first post here, complaining about Witcher 3 combat is as pointless as complaining about Dark Souls RPG elements.

You left out combat in Assassins Creed.:disgust:

Last edited:
Top Bottom