Will "Play 40 artifacts" daily quest be ever removed??

+
It may be 4, its not 3 unless you play with a >25 card deck.
Now I dont play at a high rank, so no clue how effective they'd be at a higher level, but I finished that quest last night and won 3 games with the deck I use. I save my re-rolls for Skellige quests as I dont like the faction mechanics

Could we at least buff this pathetic card, Summoning Circle, so that it DOESN'T include 4 provision cards?? I mean if I am supposed to pack my deck with artifacts, at least make them slightly less useless, it is a 6 provision gold card... it doesn't deserve to be THAT bad by simply playing a damn Foglet. :/ (and don't talk to me about RNG here since 80% of the time we get offered the worst possible 4 provision cards... sometimes very rarely we get a slightly useful 5 provision bronze card, from a 6 prov gold card lol).

Could we at least buff this pathetic card, Summoning Circle, so that it DOESN'T include 4 provision cards?? I mean if I am supposed to pack my deck with artifacts, at least make them slightly less useless, it is a 6 provision gold card... it doesn't deserve to be THAT bad by simply playing a damn Foglet. :/ (and don't talk to me about RNG here since 80% of the time we get offered the worst possible 4 provision cards... sometimes very rarely we get a slightly useful 5 provision bronze card, from a 6 prov gold card lol).
Let's be fair, an overall revamp/buff of most Artifacts would be in order (with the exception of Scenarios ofc). 90% of them are true to their names and act as relics of the past, buried deep, never to be touched again :D
In a few cases slight adjustments would do, but mostly they got severely powercrept over the previous expansions (and nerfs).

Somebody has a sense of humor with the folk that run the game.....

Open up the game and my new quest?

"Play 40 Artifact cards....."

Believe thats called poking the bear

Somebody has a sense of humor with the folk that run the game.....

Open up the game and my new quest?

"Play 40 Artifact cards....."

Believe thats called poking the bear
Honestly, look at it the other way: you can keep this quest in the background and gradually complete it during a week's time while munching on the other dailies. Sooner or later you'll get that 40 artifacts played either way :)

Actually, the reward I value the most is reward points for the book. Thus, I like the 40 artefact daily quest. You can either make a meme deck full of traps or play many scenario decks to make it in a few days.

Actually it´s not that bad to need a few days for the quest as it´s more efficient to do >1 quests simultaneously.

Honestly, look at it the other way: you can keep this quest in the background and gradually complete it during a week's time while munching on the other dailies. Sooner or later you'll get that 40 artifacts played either way :)

Think youre vastly over-estimating the levels of patience in a large proportion of the Gwent community.
The game lends itself to an "instant gratification" type of gameplay -
Win two rounds
Gather those RP - even more important now with a new selection of cards coming
Get those cards
finish those quests as soon as they appear
Climb through Journey as fast as possible
and of course climb the ranking

As I said I quite like this quest as it forces me to make a deck I at least have a chance of winning with. I flatly refuse to just spam cards with no gameplan. Besides I know its driving my opponent nuts trying to play around my strategy (if it can be called that) and who doesnt enjoy that :)

Think youre vastly over-estimating the levels of patience in a large proportion of the Gwent community.
The game lends itself to an "instant gratification" type of gameplay -
Win two rounds
Gather those RP - even more important now with a new selection of cards coming
Get those cards
finish those quests as soon as they appear
Climb through Journey as fast as possible
and of course climb the ranking

As I said I quite like this quest as it forces me to make a deck I at least have a chance of winning with. I flatly refuse to just spam cards with no gameplan. Besides I know its driving my opponent nuts trying to play around my strategy (if it can be called that) and who doesnt enjoy that :)
Oh no, I'm fully aware of the average attention span and instant-gratification mindset of the general community (I'd not say Gwent directly as it pretty much goes the very same for everything around us, gaming and real life included) - however, being an old-school player myself, I appreciate the grind and appreciate the elements of the game that require patience to yield rewards :)
As such, I believe it is a fair conscensus to keep a few quests like these in addition to the "feed me my daily dose of success in 20 mins" type of pieces. I'd even go the other way and introduce a few (rare) quests that require potentially longer periods and investment to complete (for higher rewards, like kegs or Meteorite Dust).

On occasion I'd like to say sorry to some people who had to witness my artefact spam.
I got this quest twice this week and had neither the time, nor patience to play 40 artefacts in normal gameplay.

Well back in the days when I was short on RPs I had to do them, but now... that I'm rich in RPs I just instantly swap it for something simpler. :}

I had fun against Precision Strike today, with an Artifact quest deck.

R3 I had 10 cards, of which two or three were units. Units that I played as my last cards.
Opponent had literally nothing to damage or lock until the very end of the round. I also wiped out most of their units with Cadaverine at one point. :ROFLMAO:

Artifact quests are really fun to play, though I agree they (especially trap variants) can be super annoying to face.

I have my own PS trap deck, which I am updating a little after every balance batch since many months.
I think it's pretty strong at its current state - today I have got that "play 40 artifacts quest" and I won all my fights with it.

Feel free use this deck and have fun
When I'm looking at my deck, I think your deck is too much dependent on the survive of some units as you have a few engines (too many for me) - the less units you have in deck the bigger the chance none of the "important" ones will survive. I prefer to use units with deploy ability as I know they will "almost always" pay off.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what other factions can do, but ST has several competitive variants now that can play 8-10 traps / artifacts in a match and still win.

I use a PS trap/artifact deck combined with the bronze movement cards, Gezras, and Gaetan. It's quite strong and typically wins better than half of the matches I play with it. I've also got a Deadeye variant that works fairly well too.

I am curious to see those decks you guys claim bring you more than 50% winrate.

I was trying to build something competitive with artefacts but couldn't. And if that matters anyhow, I don't recall that team Aretuza or Leviathan ever published a deck based on artefacts.

To clarify, I would call it an artefact deck if you have around 8-10 of them, so that this deck could also be used to complete those daily quests.

On red coin, you're usually playing to lose R1 with artifacts and traps. R2 your opponent typically passes, so play the mantis trap and activate it. However, you need to have pulled most of the movement card package in case your opponent decides to bleed or push for a 2-0 win. R3 you go for the win with the movement pack (sentries, matrons, cat witchers, Malena, Gezras) with some crushing traps thrown in if you're playing a 10 card round.

On blue coin, you have to go for a win in R1 using a mix of traps and movement cards. You want to just barely stay ahead of your opponent. If they don't pass at 5 cards remaining, then you go all in with your gold cards, bleed R2 and hope to win a short R3. You're much more likely to lose the blue coin games than the red.

In the PS version, you've got Brokilon Sentinels that you drop into the ranged row for Gezras to boost. In the Deadeye version, you've got the Deadeye tokens. The Deadeyes are guaranteed, whereas the Brokilon Sentinels run the risk of bricking or not having an opposing unit you can deathblow. If you've got Gaetan, then you drop the Deadeyes / Sentinels in the melee row and ensure you've got a ranged DB Sentry so you damage and boost while moving them into the ranged row with Gaetan (ideally also with a matron and cat witcher in the melee row). You can also use the Deadeyes/Sentinels to set up the Mahakam Horn in a single turn.

If you're looking strong in R3 then you go for the win, but if you've drawn badly then you mulligan for artifacts. In a winning game, you should have played about 8 artifacts. If you're surrendering in R3, you'll be playing 10+.

With artifacts unplayable as an archetype, the only sensible way to complete this daily quest is to spam artifacts from a deck specifically created to do this silly quest and get RP.
Especially for new players reward points are important, and this one gives 2RP, so people will keep doing it while there are quests like this.

I wish this one gone very soon, and most of the other daily quests are fine already.

I play for the rewards, so I play for the 2 keys. I've changed my deck though to include the WOTW units which makes my deck less sucky. But I play this in unranked mode, of course.

I have been known to win with these decks, sometimes. Yeah, I know. It's not like I'm thinking that I'm good for a win with these decks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom