Will RTX 2060 be sufficient for Ray Tracing?

+
The latest NVIDIA driver (460,89) did wonders for my 2070 Super setup... ultra settings and ultra RTX with Auto DLSS @1080 is pretty stable around 60 FPS now, most of the time.

2070 is better then 3.080 - people say... (have a bech test about on youtube) :)

My 3070 struggles in dense city areas at 1440p with ray tracing and HDR (drops to 40ish, sometimes lower, but does fine otherwise). Ray traced reflections have the biggest impact, can turn those off and still have the good lighting from ray tracing.

Ray-Traced reflections have the best impact/quality ratio though. I went Ray-Traced Reflections on/shadows off and lighting at Psycho on my 2080 Super. Turned the Rasterized shadow (normal shadows) to high, cascaded shadows to medium quality but high distance, cloud quality and fog quality to medium with Ambient Occlusion at medium and Screen Space Reflections on Low. At 1080p the game is fucking beautiful like that and runs at 60fps with occasional drops to 45-50 in very, very specific areas that are few and far between the Kabuki round-about for instance. This is post 1.06 though, so I think something they shipped heavy optimized performance as an unintended effect there.
Post automatically merged:

The reason I did the Psycho for lighting is that is the only setting where Global Illumination is enabled and that is the main draw of ray-traced lighting.

The latest NVIDIA driver (460,89) did wonders for my 2070 Super setup... ultra settings and ultra RTX with Auto DLSS @1080 is pretty stable around 60 FPS now, most of the time.

Does your card have decent gpu usage? I only ever get max about 50% usage for gpu and its really tanking my frames sometimes and having no luck fixing it, tried ddu and fresh drivers, no geforce etc, and reinstalling windows, no help with performance or usage, I've got a ryzen 5 3600 and 16gb ram and installed on m.2 ssd

Nope, sorry. Game and engine are terribly optimized and while beautiful, they require way more power than they should.
Just recently got a PC upgrade, & decided to go with an RTX graphics card. Sadly the 2060 was the best one available at the time (I was hoping for a series 30, but they're still not in stock), so I was wondering if anybody knows if the 2060 will support Ray Tracing?

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom