Will RTX 2060 be sufficient for Ray Tracing?

+
If you're happy using dlss and capping the game at 30fps for stability, sure. For me it ended up not being worth it. Apparently raytracing has a memory leak issue so when I did use it after half an hour the framerate would tank until I turned raytracing on and off again. Too unstable to use on this card, really. I'd get between 20-50 FPS even before the framerate would tank and dlss is an absolute necessity to use it at all.

Is Ray-tracing the source of the leak? I was unsure of what was causing that, as I hitting 28gbs of RAM usage per rivatuner and afterburner.

For the OP, I have an I-5 9600K, 64gb of RAM and a 2080 Super with the game on its own M2. With everything on medium/high except Screen Space Reflections, cascaded shadow quality, Dynamic Clouds and AO (set to low, medium, medium and medium) and Ray-Tracing enabled, RT reflections/Shadows On and RT Lighting on medium and resolution set to 1920x1080 I average 75-85 fps, except for a few spots downtown where I drop into the 50s, even when walking.

Edit: oh and DLSS is set to performance.

Edit 2: I can imagine you will need to turn rt lighting off, it is a bit heavy performance wise, though rt reflections and shadows don't seem to hit too hard.
Post automatically merged:

Just recently got a PC upgrade, & decided to go with an RTX graphics card. Sadly the 2060 was the best one available at the time (I was hoping for a series 30, but they're still not in stock), so I was wondering if anybody knows if the 2060 will support Ray Tracing?

Thanks in advance.
It will run the game with ray tracing enabled but you will have terrible fps iv got a 2080 super oced to the gill and was only getting 30 to 40 fps on average with dips to the 20 range in demanding areas now play the game with ray tracing off as honestly the loss in performance was unacceptable for me now getting a solid 60 in all areas so really its up to yourself you will be able to play the game with it on but your machine is gona be struggling the entire time and will probably only be getting 15 to 30 fps.

It will run the game with ray tracing enabled but you will have terrible fps iv got a 2080 super oced to the gill and was only getting 30 to 40 fps on average with dips to the 20 range in demanding areas now play the game with ray tracing off as honestly the loss in performance was unacceptable for me now getting a solid 60 in all areas so really its up to yourself you will be able to play the game with it on but your machine is gona be struggling the entire time and will probably only be getting 15 to 30 fps.

Newest drivers helped a good bit, turn down Screen Space Reflections to Low and AO to medium, same for the cascaded shadows and completely disable chromatic whatever, film grain and motion blur. You should be able to run with RT shadows, reflections on and lighting at medium with similar performance and only minor visual fidelity loss. The fog settings can be fps sinks as well. RT lighting will make up for the fidelity loss, though I hear rumors that the main draw of Ray-Traced lighting only enables on psycho.

The game is not optimized what so ever. I run it on a 2060 Super at 1080p and on Ultra it drops below 60 fps with DLSS On and Ray Tracing Off.

The performance is way off and I won't be surprised if there is a completely separate performance update next year.

But also the base game without Ray Tracing looks so good I almost can't tell the difference between RT On/Off.

The game is not optimized what so ever. I run it on a 2060 Super at 1080p and on Ultra it drops below 60 fps with DLSS On and Ray Tracing Off.

The performance is way off and I won't be surprised if there is a completely separate performance update next year.

But also the base game without Ray Tracing looks so good I almost can't tell the difference between RT On/Off.

The big thing is you won't notice it much with Ray-traced lighting set to medium. The big difference maker is when RT Lighting is set to psycho because that is the only setting that enables Global Illumination. Without that setting objects that are not directly facing the light do not have illumination under/behind them. Whereas Global Illumination mimics light reflections off of other objects to light the space.

Think of your living room, in real life the underside of a table would have some lighting because light would reflect off other surfaces (even painted walls). This is the effect GI Ray-tracing creates.

It's also what drops the 3090 to 20-30 fps at both 2k and 4k.

I got:
1440p 144hz gaming monitor
Nvidia 2070 Super
i7-9700k 3.60ghz (AutoClocks to 4.6ghz)
4x8gig 3600mhz ram = 32gig
PC temps go to about 45 degrees after an hour of playing... with an aggressive fan curve.

I set GeforceExperience settings for game, using slider bar, to Max performance...

i get 40-80 fps min/max... game feels smooth, still looks good, and i only had 1 crash, and that didnt happen until after i finished act1, and it happened in the high income fancy part of downtown while driving... and still had graphic settings on high/raytracing on... After i set settings to performance... i have had no crashes....
70 hours of gameplay.... im lvl 30 with 50 street cred....

Gamebreaking bugs have been 0... but i havent advanced the story mission, and am just completing all side content first...
Immersion bugs... not very often... mostly just ai sometimes acts really stupid ... and im on very hard... but its so little that i dont mind and will take the ez kill...
not able to pick up some loot... and very very little T-posing characters... NPC sound/dialogue very very little doesnt work... but you can still read it if it does...
The glitches/bugs have been not really noticeable on my playthru/setup

the 2060 vs 2070 super is only about a 5-10% difference? You should be fine imo...
Just make sure ur fans are 100% when running the game.
If you're only running 1080p you're def fine! ... if your 1440p ... its still smooth and looks great.... just not gonna have as many frames, but the def is so high i dont notice it.

I'm on 2060 and I dont have too many issues. Just for test purposes I tried RTX on the highest. Then it tanks my fps to like 25 when I play with lower RTX settings i can get 45 - 60 fps depending on time of day and how much is going on in the screen.

s1 once said...when talking about all games
Ultra settings is for screenshots
High settings is for Gameplay
Post automatically merged:

No RTX 2060 won't be enough. That card is leaps and bounds below the RTX 3090.
What do you mean the RTX 2060 was the best card you could get?
The 2080 Ti was launched before the 2060.
No we have the 3000 series as well.

Covid is creating tech manufacting problems... alot of the screws and parts used to make pc tech is made in china...
+ with graphics card... they're usually pre-ordered up months after release... its been that way i believe

The big thing is you won't notice it much with Ray-traced lighting set to medium. The big difference maker is when RT Lighting is set to psycho because that is the only setting that enables Global Illumination. Without that setting objects that are not directly facing the light do not have illumination under/behind them. Whereas Global Illumination mimics light reflections off of other objects to light the space.

Think of your living room, in real life the underside of a table would have some lighting because light would reflect off other surfaces (even painted walls). This is the effect GI Ray-tracing creates.

It's also what drops the 3090 to 20-30 fps at both 2k and 4k.

I honestly think fps beats graphics when we're talking sub 60. Sure the ultimate RT settings may make a difference visually and I will sacrifice fps, but not down to 30fps. If I wanted the 30fps "cinematic" experience I would have bought a console.

I am using RTX 2060, you won't be able to get 60FPS Ray Tracing enabled on this GPU. I disabled it, activated DLSL and keep every graphical settings ultra. But no Ray Tracing. It just kills performance.

So if you have budget to buy better GPU, do it.

The standard 2080 is 50% better than the 2060 at least. The 2070 super beats a standard 2080 by about 5-10%

It goes like this: 2060 base < 2060 Super ~~ 2070 base < 2080 < 2070 Super < 2080 Super etc

Base 2060 base is fully capable of doing RT with DLSS at 1080p and it does so in other games, just not in Cyberpunk. I don't think the cards are at fault here, if we look at the benchmarks even 30xx series RTX cards struggle with maxed out Cyberpunk, even just on 1080p. The game is in a bad state right now.

I am using RTX 2060, you won't be able to get 60FPS Ray Tracing enabled on this GPU. I disabled it, activated DLSL and keep every graphical settings ultra. But no Ray Tracing. It just kills performance.

So if you have budget to buy better GPU, do it.
The standard 2080 is 50% better than the 2060 at least. The 2070 super beats a standard 2080 by about 5-10%

I bought my pc a couple months ago... U ever heard of JayzTwoCents and Gamers Nexus? Me and my brother watched them for a like a month trying to figure out what we wanted to do to build our own pc's....

The 2060 was awarded best overall bang for your buck when the 2080ti was 1200-1400$+
If you're just gaming, and not streaming, and uploading multiple videos... the 2060's performance compaired to that of the 2080ti is not that much higher man... ur talking maybe 20-30 fps more? 10fps in some games....and we're talking a price range of 400$ to 1400$... ur paying triple the money for not even 50% increase in performance...
My friend ended up breaking down and buying the 2080ti for Warzone COD... after i got my 2070super... and his frames were only 10fps higher than mine.

So... yeah idk... there's multiple videos testing performances on different games with side by side comparisons... its literally only 10-30fps difference Homie.

Also, i believe the 1660 came in a good 2nd. For people that weren't trying to play ultra

EDIT! YOU SEE MOST OF A DIFFERENCE IN PERFORMANCE ONCE U GO FROM 1080P TO 1440P AND 1440P TO 4K! THAT'S WHERE U SEE THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE IN VIDEO CARDS... THAT AND VIDEO RENDERING/EDITING/STREAMING... THATS WHAT THE 2080TI'S WERE MOSTLY BUILT FOR!
<3

Just recently got a PC upgrade, & decided to go with an RTX graphics card. Sadly the 2060 was the best one available at the time (I was hoping for a series 30, but they're still not in stock), so I was wondering if anybody knows if the 2060 will support Ray Tracing?

Thanks in advance.

Raytracing barely works on the 2060 (it's not a major difference even if it did) so I wouldn't recommend turning it on. Halves your framerate at least, for a very modest improvement to the graphics.

Yee, my brother plays with raytracing and everything ultra... but hes got a special water cooled 2080super and a water cooled i7-9900k... with 12 FANS! LOL... HE GOT SO MANY FANS BRO... overclocking like a mofo!
Custom water cooled is a bitch tho....

Its all good, as the game looks amazing for me on all Ultra settings (no Ray Tracing).

I have a 2070 Super and at 4k I'm not really able to go even Medium ray tracing at 60fps. I can do Medium ray tracing and even Ultra with a lot of tweaking and get 30-40fps but at that point I don't think it's worth it in 4k.

My 3070 struggles in dense city areas at 1440p with ray tracing and HDR (drops to 40ish, sometimes lower, but does fine otherwise). Ray traced reflections have the biggest impact, can turn those off and still have the good lighting from ray tracing.

Top Bottom