Will save files port to next-gen? WITCHER 3 PC

+
Hello everyone,

I've been putting off playing Witcher 3 for a long time, because of waiting for the announced next-gen.

Due to an injury, I can't wait any longer, otherwise I would get bored. So I started playing. And my question is, if the nex-gen comes out, will they move the saved game files to the new one, or will they have to start a whole new game from the beginning.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply, I could only write here. (Even if it's a bit of a technical issue :))

Have a nice day
Daniel

If I have to guess, (because who know?), I would say > yes :)
I think it will be a "simple" update (like Cyberpunk for the next gen consoles), so saves and all game datas should be compatible with the "updated" game.

It's taking an awfully long time for a simple update .... They have to be doing more than just texture upgrades which are 90% done already by the modding community. Judging by how it's taking them 2 full years I would guess new lighting engine, new world space (LODs etc.) high poly models for the characters and perhaps buildings, some AI improvement (No NPCs following each other in a circle, Geralt not falling down steps and taking damage, etc.) However I expect the core gameplay will be the same so saves shouldn't be a problem although personally I think it's kind of silly to not start over from scratch and get the full experience

Top Bottom