Will Sony's Censorship Policies Affect CP2077?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were some "dancers" but not really naked. I didn't see any naked breasts or other parts in Metro Exodus, and i played it start to finish.

I haven't played Metro myself but I've seen screens on Reddit, but i could be wrong

I haven't played Metro myself but I've seen screens on Reddit, but i could be wrong

Was probably from Metro Last Light, it had strippers and naked breasts, even had the option of receiving a lap dance. But that game first came out for the PS3 back in 2013. Nothing of the sort in Exodus.

Was probably from Metro Last Light, it had strippers and naked breasts, even had the option of receiving a lap dance. But that game first came out for the PS3 back in 2013. Nothing of the sort in Exodus.

My bad ^^

Big difference between Witcher 3 and 2077 is that Witcher 3 didn't have completely full frontal nudity, where 2077 seemingly will. For some characters Witcher 3 did get close (pretty much just the women), but it never showed Geralt's junk, so that would be the distinction. Conan Exiles was released on PS4 (and xbox) awhile back and it has full frontal nudity - there actually being a penis size option in the character creator, but I don't know if that was censored on the console version(s) or not. PC still has it, though. It was made fun of quite a bit, too.

Sony's craziness is something very recent. GTA V has frontal nudity (trevor's penis), same for GTA IV's DLC. In RDR2 arthur doesn't have a penis at all (on both consoles though), which is quite ridiculous since you can have him completely naked in normal gameplay and not just cutscenes.

I fear that the bath tub scene in CP2077 will have lens flare or underware on ps4 while the girl will be naked on xbox and PC.

Nudity is very much present in Exodus. It's at the end of the Caspian level when you finally meet the Baron. The female sex slaves are clearly topless in the cutscene (there's even a stripper dancing topless right before that). It's impossible to miss it unless you went in all guns blazing. That being said, just because Metro Exodus is seemingly uncut doesn't mean Cyberpunk 2077 isn't at risk of being censored on PS4, especially if we take into consideration the game's graphical content.

I can only speak for myself here, but the butt crack debacle in DMCV made me lose trust in Sony's criteria.

Nudity is very much present in Exodus. It's at the end of the Caspian level when you finally meet the Baron. The female sex slaves are clearly topless in the cutscene (there's even a stripper dancing topless right before that). It's impossible to miss it unless you went in all guns blazing. That being said, just because Metro Exodus is seemingly uncut doesn't mean Cyberpunk 2077 isn't at risk of being censored on PS4, especially if we take into consideration the game's graphical content.

I can only speak for myself here, but the butt crack debacle in DMCV made me lose trust in Sony's criteria.

Oh, you're right, i did go in guns blazing, well, only after the scene where they were beating on that girl, which was just when all the skin was going to be shown. So yea, missed that part and the cutscene.

Oh, you're right, i did go in guns blazing, well, only after the scene where they were beating on that girl, which was just when all the skin was going to be shown. So yea, missed that part and the cutscene.

I did the same thing as you did. The only difference is that I got killed (lol) after saving the poor girl, so I had to reload a previous checkpoint. Truth be told, I was also afraid to get innocent people killed in the crossfire, so I decided to play along with the Baron instead.

I have to say i was one of the ones not worried about Sony touching CP2077 but after the rubbish with Devil May Cry 5 i am starting to worry. Could someone from CDPR comment on the topic ?

Capcom has released a Devil May Cry 5 update today adding Bloody Palace survival mode, but tucked inside was the removal of any of the lens flare that showed up in cutscenes where players could see any form of nudity for the female characters

https://www.resetera.com/threads/de...orship-from-a-cutscene-on-ps4-version.109079/

Conan Exiles was released on PS4 (and xbox) awhile back and it has full frontal nudity - there actually being a penis size option in the character creator, but I don't know if that was censored on the console version(s) or not. PC still has it, though. It was made fun of quite a bit, too.

Conan Exiles was censored on ps4 they all have at least underwear on

The statement is no joke. Devs will have to submit content for review, in this case what is youth 'appropriate', and then they'll have to censor/change whatever Sony doesn't approve of. If Sony are hard-line on this, there's no question CDPR will have to censor vast swaths of Cyberpunk. Since this constitutes more labor from devs, the effect will likely be that they steer family friendly to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom