Will the Closed Beta be changed to Open Beta?

+
Will the Closed Beta be changed to Open Beta?

It's clear after "Kill the Server" tests that fans are loving Gwent and want to talk/share/hype it to their friends and people on the internet. This is actually a great way to get the fans to promote the game. Also, trying to enforce NDA for a closed beta will be hard. Trying to go after NDA breakers will likely only bring bad press overall.

So I was wondering if it is a better idea to just make it an open beta, but still retain the fact that only a select few people can get in (to manage server loads, other reasons that I don't know about, etc.).

Thoughts?

Can I publish videos and screenshots from the upcoming Closed Beta when I get access, or is everything under some sort of an embargo?

Nothing is embargoed, and we’d be honored if you did - post and publish at will!

i hope the game goes to at-least open beta by the end of the year not everyone will be able to play in closed beta and with twitch steams and the like showing you something you can't play it is hard to keep an audience interested. We will see though.
[h=2][/h]

There's no NDA on the beta .. However The number of participants will be limited since it's closed beta and there will be an open beta sometime in the future

Yap, he said it.
That is how it normally works. You make a ´"closed closed" beta for family and known associates of the developers, then a closed beta for a limited amount of people who signed up for it, then an open beta. At least that is how it SHOULD be done (quite a lot of devs make it wrong, but I'm sure CDPR know the drill).

Top Bottom